L & M Automotive & Transmission

Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Michel S.
Conroe, TX
09/06/2018
Deceptive trade practice dishonedt u professional
DO NOT USE THIS SHOP OR MECHANIC. UNCERTIFIED MECHANICS Deceptive trade practice and Dishonest to the hilt!
Tom Brown stated that My vehicle problem was related to the diagnosis crankshaft sensor originally provided although since he removed battery from my vehicle and the battery box unbolted and removed, there was no way for my current mechanic to read the code or any information as to what the engine was doing when it stopped. Tom Brown then put my good battery on concrete for around 9 days which completely drained it. Charged me to remove it from my truck, then charged me $98, same fee to remove it, to put it back in my truck, but the police officers had to assist me in having the uncertified mechanic put the now dead battery in my vehicle which I had to pay to remove from his shop and left out the battery box and bolts that I had to repurchase since I am 140 miles from his shop. I had to travel 2 separate occasions to speak to Somone, on a work day, since they do not answer or return calls regularly to communicate with you about your vehicle status. I was threatened by Tom Brown, owner and his sister/wife/Asdistant- Martha while trying to get my bill and remove my vehicle..... Tom Brown told me he needed to check my timing belt and that was his diagnostis as to why the new crankshaft sensor would not work. When I told him those two are unrelated and to shut the hood down, do no more work I'm picking up my truck, have bill ready, he refused to give me my vehicle or my bill. He cursed at me and hung up on me at one point during this ordeal, excuses after excuses for a 1 hour repair job, which my Mechanic found and repaied in One Hr. My Mechanic had to repair after this q4 day nightmare which included charging my battery all day to try and recover the good battery. It will not ladt long life now after TOM BROWN! Tom Brown and his assistant Martha or Margaret would not return calls during working hrs and for days.
Also police, (Bastrop police are GREAT!) Had to assist me directly, not stand by because of Tom Brown and assistant, Martha's bullying threats. Thank you to the 6 officers that had to assist me in retrieving my vehicle after 14 days of Tom Brown And Martha fraudulently
holding my vehicle.

THIS IS A CRIMINAL ACT, FRAUDULENT DECEPTIVE TEADE PRACTICE, AND EXPLOITATION OF CONSUMERS, GOING ON AT L & M AUTOMOTIVE &TRANSMISSION..they will answer to authotities: Federal Trade Commision, Attorney General Consumer Protection, Bastrop DA, and BBB! (This post will go on Yelp, and all other consumer reviews.)

INFORMATION FOR ANYONE DEALING WITH THIS CON ARTIST: Tom Brown told me and police officers, in a COMBATIVE demeanor, that i would have to file a civil suit to get my vehicle and that he can file and will file a Mechanics lien on my vehicle, which I am certain He has threatened to others that do not agree with his diagnostics and recommendation for repair. THIS IS CRIMINAL and you can file Auto Theft on this schiester and his shop after providing Tom,Brown with written request to release your vehicle and 10 days notice to him.... He will be charged with theft of your auto!!!

LD
Lacey D.
Paige, TX
GMC Canyon
08/22/2018 Category: Service
Lacey said the business was very accommodating with her schedule and the time she needed her vehicle done by.

LL
Lee L.
Ram 1500
07/25/2018 Category: Service
Lee said he has been taking his vehicle there for several years, and has already recommended the place.

HS
Heather S.
07/20/2018 Category: Service
Heather said the service was over priced and she was cheated. She would not recommend the business because of the customer service that was provided and the business was untrustworthy.

Mary M.
Texas
Ford Police Interceptor
07/20/2018 Category: Service
Mary said the business handled everything well and provided good service.

SK
Steve K.
Smithville, TX
07/17/2018 Category: Service
Steve said they did a good job.

Martha S.
07/15/2018
Just a friendly reminder of my appreciation
They crew in which is small and many days over-worked I must say it all seems to fall into place. Tom unknown to what we see works harder than anyone I believe. He never lets anyone see the challenges that he overcomes on a daily, to say the least. Ty well he is most definitely Tommy's goto and the man of the day, Joyce well God has given them an Angel that has been much needed. Myself well I am just glad I was able to have them become apart of my life. Thanks again if I haven't told y'all how much I have enjoyed the time and support. Keep up the great work and I will see y'all soon.😎

CF
Chuck F.
06/29/2018 Category: Service
Chuck said the business owner provided him with great information. The staff are professional and polite. They gave him a ride home while his services were being completed, then dropped his vehicle off when they were done.

John R.
06/04/2018 Category: Service
John said the service is fast and the work was good.

Dave B.
Saturn Ion
05/12/2018 Category: Service
Dave said they do a good job.

Kyle B.
Erie, MI
04/28/2018 Category: Service
Kyle said the staff did a wonderful job with the service. They fixed his vehicle but the service was put off, which he wasn't told before he made the deal.

FF
Fred F.
Dodge Dakota
04/24/2018 Category: Service
Fred said he loved the employees. They did a great job. He had no way of getting his vehicle and they delivered it to him. He had no complaints. He would use them again.

Jeff A.
Elgin, TX
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
04/19/2018 Category: Service
Jeff said the business did a great job.

CENE C.
04/18/2018
Family type welcome and service
Great service, quality work and fast. We will be back.

Cene

I would like to thank you for choosing us for your vehicle repairs. My hope is everything went well If we can improve in any area please let us know.  Thanks for taking time to respond to our survey

Mike B.
Cedar Creek, TX
04/18/2018 Category: Service
Mike said the staff provided great service, in a timely fashion.

GH
Gavin H.
04/13/2018 Category: Service
Gavin said the staffed worked on his vehicle fast and accommodated his needs.

Gavin

Thank you for responding the oui and trusting us with the repairs on your vehicle.if there is anything at all we could please let me know and again thank you so very much

JO
Justin O.
04/10/2018 Category: Service
Justin said the staff is super nice. They do a good job and they are always courteous. He had to make a second trip to settle something but they always do a good job and he will be back.
  • Justin

Thanks for giving us the opportunity repairs on your vehicle if you anything that we could improve to better service you please let us know again thank you

EM
Eugene M.
04/04/2018 Category: Service
Eugene said the staff provides good service, even helping with transportation during the service. They are all friendly and family-oriented.
Tom B., Owner from L & M Automotive & Transmission responded on 04/16/2018

Eugene  Thanks for allowing us to  repair you vehicle ios we can inprove on anything please let one of us know

Ardelia S.
Smithville, TX
03/26/2018 Category: Service
Ardelia said that the gentleman that waited on her was very hospitable and did the job in less time than expected.

Ardelia

I would like to thank you for trusting us for the repairs need on you vehicle I am glad everything went well if their is anything we could improve  please let myself or my staff know again Thank you

Bradley H.
Elgin, TX
Chevrolet Suburban
03/22/2018 Category: Service
Bradley said the service was a little pricey, but they did a good job.

Bradly

I would like to thank you for choosing us for the needed repairs on you truck repairs in todays market there are many choices. I hope Your vehicle is still performing as expected If there is anything we can improve on please let me know I am available
anytime thats convient  Thanks again