Manhattan Alignment & Diagnostic Center

Susan E. on 10/09/2017
Susan said the services were fine.
Review Created: 10/09/2017
Robert H. on 10/05/2017
"I am happy to provide positive feedback for these guys!"
These two brothers have taken care of my automotive repair needs for more than 20 years. In that time, I've grown to trust them and appreciate them. I grew up in a family where a) my dad ran an alternator/starter repair shop, and b) most auto repair jobs were done in our family driveway with whatever resources were available. I joke that I know, first-hand, how to change brake pads with no tools other than a stick and a spoon.

Because I know, first-hand, what most auto repair jobs really entail, I feel that I'm able to detect bullshit when I hear it coming from an auto mechanic. With more than 20 years of experience with these local, small-business friends, I've come to appreciate that they don't traffic in bullshit. I have learned to trust these guys.

Case in point: recent experience with problems with a power steering pump (PSP). PSP-1, original equipment on my 2005 Subaru Outback, lasted 12 years. When it failed, MADC (a.k.a. the "Gruber brothers") installed PSP-2. It lasted about a week, whereupon they immediately and, for no additional charge, installed PSP-3. It worked fine, but made a whining noise. We all talked about this whining noise, and we all monitored the issue. After a few months, PSP--3 failed while I was on-the-road, and other mechanics installed PSP-4, which failed instantly. Other mechanics then installed PSP-5, which worked long enough for me to get home and get my car to the Gruber Brothers. When the Gruber Brothers saw PSP-5, it had clearly failed because it was spraying power steering fluid all over the engine compartment yet again. The Gruber Brothers installed PSP-6, but this time they installed a "new" part rather than a "remanufactured" part. This new PSP-6 seems to be working fine. It's now been working for about two weeks.

To keep me happy as a customer, the Gruber Brothers charged me only for the purchase of the new pump, less refunds from returning the PSP "core." They also performed a routine oil change for free. They also performed a routine check of various fluid/air levels for free. All this to keep me happy as a long-time, 20+-year customer.

I'm willing to accept that my mechanics, the Gruber Brothers, might install some auto part from some source that turns out to be a bum auto part. Bum happens. What I'm more interested in is how my mechanics treat me when/if their parts fail. I'm here to say here and now that I'm completely happy with how the Gruber Brothers have taken care of me, as a customer.

Now,, my "Check Engine Light" is displaying, and the OBDC code is throwing a P0240 code, meaning that the catalytic converter on my 2005 Subaru means that I've gotta invest another $2,200 or so to replace the exhaust system on my car. I'm in cahoots with the Gruber Brothers to get this done in the next few weeks so that my car can pass "inspection" before it expires at the end of October 2017.

Bottom Line: I'm forced to spend at least two thousand dollars to keep my car legal, but I feel confident that my long-time-friend mechanics, the Gruber Brothers, are both honest and economical when it comes to diagnosing and repairing my vehicle.

I would give MADC, the Gruber Brothers, the highest possible rating. Please take your business to them.

Sincerely,

Robert HIll
Long-time resident of the neighborhood where these guys operate.
Vehicle: Subaru Outback
Review Created: 10/05/2017 08:45 PM
Ruby J. on 10/03/2017
"Annual check up"
Nothing to be said but....absolutely perfect service by perfect gentlemen. Our continuing thanks.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Review Created: 10/03/2017 09:38 AM
Jeremy K. on 10/03/2017
"Easy to make appointment, fast service "
Easy to make appointment at convenient time , fast service
Vehicle: Honda Odyssey
Review Created: 10/03/2017 05:14 AM
Sheila S. on 09/19/2017
Sheila said she was able to get her vehicle in early.
Service Date: 09/15/2017
Review Created: 09/19/2017
David R. on 09/15/2017
David said the business provided great service in a timely manner.
Vehicle: Ford Econoline Wagon
Service Date: 09/11/2017
Katryn W. on 09/15/2017
Spoke with Oriol. He said the staff did a very good job and the service was good and they were reliable. They did a good diagnostic. However, it took a little longer than expected.
Vehicle: Volvo XC70
Nick M. on 09/15/2017
Nick said the staff is fast and knowledgeable. They don't up sell and he likes them.
Vehicle: Subaru Forester
Service Date: 09/09/2017
Susan R. on 09/11/2017
Spoke with Susan's husband. He said this business was 1st rate. They were prompt, honest, and great.
Vehicle: Toyota Prius c
Service Date: 09/02/2017
Review Created: 09/11/2017
Steven K. on 09/07/2017
Steven said this business was satisfactory. They had a great price.
Vehicle: Honda Accord Cpe
Review Created: 09/07/2017
Charles P. on 09/07/2017
Charles said he was happy with the work this business provided.
Vehicle: Hyundai Santa Fe
Review Created: 09/07/2017
Thomas W. on 08/19/2017
"Easy. Trustworthy. Fast In and Out."
I have been using MADC for car maintenance the last two years. They are a pleasure to work with. I can get in quickly. They have done the maintenance while I wait in many cases. They are right by the 125th Street station of the 1 line, so I can get to work and get back to pick up the car if I need to. They don't try to convince me to do work I don't need.
Vehicle: Subaru XV Crosstrek
Review Created: 08/19/2017 04:50 PM
Paul B. on 08/14/2017
Paul said the business does a good job.
Vehicle: Acura RDX
Review Created: 08/14/2017
Lisa C. on 08/09/2017
Lisa said this business was easy, fast, they are nice and inexpensive.
Vehicle: MINI Cooper Coupe
Service Date: 08/05/2017
Review Created: 08/09/2017
Anita B. on 08/04/2017
Anita said she has always been really pleased and she likes working with George. He's done an outstanding job. She recommended this facility to her sister.
Vehicle: Mazda CX-9
Review Created: 08/04/2017
Judith W. on 07/26/2017
Judith said this business does a really good job and is really efficient. They always do what they say they will do and never do something without telling her.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 07/22/2017
Review Created: 07/26/2017
Samuel H. on 07/25/2017
Samuel said they had to get parts and everything turned out great.
Service Date: 06/10/2017
Review Created: 07/25/2017
Abraham L. on 07/25/2017
Abraham said this business got the job done and it wasn't much of a hassle.
Service Date: 06/17/2017
Review Created: 07/25/2017
Dhurim A. on 07/24/2017
Dhurim said the timing was good, he did not have to wait for an appointment, and the job was well done. He does not have any complaints.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz E350
Service Date: 06/17/2017
Review Created: 07/24/2017
Fred G. on 07/22/2017
Fred said they're great and friendly. They take care of him and he trusts them.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Caprice