Manley Tire And Oil Service, Inc

Overall Rating 4.43/5Overall Rating 4.43/5Overall Rating 4.43/5Overall Rating 4.43/5rating 4.43

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Latest Review about 1 month ago

Merle L.
Janesville, WI
08/14/2018
Honest to goodness tire company
The folks at Manley tire are just super people and they actually care about you and want what is best for you. We were out of state traveling, needed tire work and Manley went to work for us like we lived next door. Everyone teamed together to get us going again at unbelievable low cost, all this on a late Saturday afternoon ! . They were actually concerned for us. Highly recommend Manley tire service.
Oh and Trudy makes some of the best chocolate chip dream bars I have ever eaten...really. Worth stopping in just for a kind hello, coffee and a treat !!!
Thank you Manley Tire for being there for us.

JOHN B.

TODD S.
Garretson, SD
Dodge Dakota
12/25/2014
People are kind and upfront
Great place to take your vehicle

JV
Did a good job

EB
Eric B.
Made Things Right
While I'm still upset I was sent away with an severely bent tie rod which, according to the other shop that inspected it could have broken and caused an accident, I am satisfied that Manley reimbursed me for the cost of the labor and parts to fix Manley's mistake.

Prayed Front End Would Not Cause an Accident Driving Home
My wife and I have been Manley customers for several years. That relationship likely has ended today.

Facts:

- Went in for a simple tire swap on my existing 4 wheels (to put my snow tires on)
- Got in very quickly
- Tech discovered a wheel stud had become unpressed/loose from the hub causing lug nut to spin and not come off the stud
- Was told about the only option to get it off would be to apply counter force on one side of the wheel while another tech tried to loosen the nut with an impact gun
- Was warned this may cause some scuffing around the one hole where the stuck lug nut was
- I agreed to the potential scuffing this might cause (keep this in mind this was the only thing I was told for potential damage)
- New lug nut was ordered to replace the one taken off the bad stud
- I left the shop within a quarter of a mile driving straight down the highway noticed my steering wheel was pointed at about 45 degrees to the right (I have a picture of it while driving straight down the interstate to show how far off center it is... yes it really is about 45 degrees)
- Came back to address this (already late to work at this point)
- Was told they could only diagnose this on the alignment rack which was booked until January 8th
- I said what options do I have since Manley messed this up - essentially told no other options
- I had to leave as I was already very late for work

Now Thoughts:

What should have been a simple 4 tire swap turned into a nightmare. Now I have to figure out how to get things fixed on my time with my money.

I came in driving a car with 4 wheels and tires, aligned and driving correctly, and all studs and lug nuts in tact. I left driving a car with the snow tires installed, 1 replaced stud, 1 missing lug nut, and a messed up alignment and/or front end parts damaged, all undiagnosed. What's wrong with this picture?

I ended up being over 2 hours late to work because of this ordeal. I planned to take my car out of state for Christmas wearing the snow tires. Now that plan has been forcibly changed. These snow tires are now going to wear incredibly fast until the alignment is corrected (which of course Manley cannot do for two and a half weeks).

I am a little doubtful the stud that caused all the problems was already broken when I brought the car in. I recently rotated the tires myself and use a torque gauge to torque my lug nuts. There were no problems when I did this. Manley claimed it was probably a faulty stud from the factory (car has over 50,000 miles on it). I reluctantly agreed it could have been loose before they started to take the wheels off.

My wife did call later in the day while I was at work to ask about this as she bought the snow tires for me as a gift. Someone told my wife that I said I was ok with ANYTHING that happened and to do whatever it took to get it off. That is 100% not true. I was told what they were going to do to attempt to get the lug nut off and was warned it may cause some scratches scuffs around the affected hole where the lug nut/broken stud was. That is what I agreed to. Nothing more. I was not told there could potentially be damage done to the suspension components or alignment could be taken out.

Once I was told they could not even look at the problems until January 8th, I could see this was going nowhere and I had to leave for work as I was already over 2 hours late. So I drove home nervous that something was going to completely break or come loose causing me to have a serious accident at 75 mph. My ESP (Electronic Stability Program) and BAS (Brake Assist System) lights also came on about halfway back to Sioux Falls and are now stuck on. My turn signal also does not "stick" properly as a result of the steering wheel being so far off center.

I have already scheduled an alignment at a reputable shop that could get me in much sooner. I cannot drive over 2 weeks on an undiagnosed suspension problem that is potentially quite severe/dangerous while my snow tires wear down quickly.

I thought I would make the drive from Sioux Falls that I have many times to 1) save a little money and 2) get fast, quality service. I will never, ever make that mistake again. You failed on all counts. I will end up spending much more money that I would have somewhere else and I lost 2 hours of pay and I am driving a potentially unsafe vehicle as a result of your "fixes".

Thanks Manley Tire for the awesome service and making it a Merry Christmas!
Trudy D. from Manley Tire And Oil Service, Inc responded on 12/31/2014

Eric, thank you for bringing this problem to our attention. I can assure you that the stud was bad before you arrived at our shop. I have encountered this type of problem on a few occasions all of which ended well. Unfortunately, as we now determined, a part was bent while removing the bad stud. I am glad you were able to get it fixed and more than happy to reimburse you for the cost of the repairs.

I ask you to not base this one bad experience on our service. We try very hard to deliver only the best service to all our customers. Please consider us the next time you need work done. If you have any other questions feel free to call and talk with me.

KL
KEVIN L.
Volkswagen Passat
12/22/2014
Excellent prices and friendly service
Manly Tire and Oil has a very knowledgeable and friendly staff that always gives you the best advice on your tire purchases. They will not steer you into a higher priced tire if you do not need it. Always friendly service and generally very speedy too.

DA

PATRICIA K.
Wabasso, MN
12/19/2014
tire check
I have nitrogen in my tires. I was on my way to Sioux Falls from Mn. Stopped in to have my tire pressure cked. They appeared to be very busy on a Sat. a.m. I registered at the desk, they got me in quickly. added what was needed and sent me on my way. THANKS

TR
TERRY R.
Ford Expedition
12/13/2014
Effeciency of process-from counter to out the door
4-tires rotated; no wait; work done quickly; GREAT sweet roll at coffee station

JACK H.
12/07/2014
Good prices and excellent service
Goo0d prices and excellent service

MJ
MARK AND MARCIA J.
Dell Rapids, SD
12/06/2014
The people and the service
the service is excellent, people are friendly and the wait is short. I like the fact before anything is done someone will ask first before doing it. Thanks

TJ
TIM J.
Honda Ridgeline
11/30/2014
Worth the drive from SF - Manley Tires
great prices, great service.

JOHN AND KARI F.
Garretson, SD
GMC Yukon
11/28/2014
Friendly and fast service
Great price on the tires and was treated well during my visit.

JULIE B.
Fulda, MN
Mazda CX-7
11/24/2014
Friendly & quick
Everything was done so easily. From requesting a quote to getting the tires put on. Very friendly!

JV
JOEL AND MAGGIE V.
Beaver Creek, MN
11/24/2014
snow tire install
It was busy when I got there but they still got me in and out in good time

TC
TODD C.
Kia Sorento
11/22/2014
Friendly people! A little mix up with my car.
Will have to make three trips to get the tires I ordered. First trip wrong size. Second trip only two tires came in.

SCOTT S.
GMC Sierra
11/19/2014
tire repair
very friendly good customer service

DK
DOUGLAS AND DENISE K.
GMC Suburban
10/21/2014
too long of a wait with no notification
I came in for an oil change & had to wait for at least 1 hour before anyone even came up to me to let me know where I stood..I almost left but gave 5 more minutes then they finally came over & said I was next..I have better things to do than spend my time waiting-in all it took over 1.5 hours for a simple oil change-I was going to bring my other car in for oil change but decided to go somewhere else (I only waited there 10 minutes before they got me in.and was out & on my way in less than 30 minutes)
Trudy D. from Manley Tire And Oil Service, Inc responded on 10/24/2014

From what you've said in your review, it's obvious that we dropped the ball when we didn't tell you right away how long the wait time was going to be.  For that, we apologize.  And we will do our best to amke sure it doesn't happen again.

But because we're not perfect, it might.  So we encourage you to ask if we don't say.  And not just teh time related questions either!  Any question you can think of,  please feel free to ask.  ...Well, except politics and stuff like that.  We're here to help you get your car back on the road, not fix the government!

CR
CHAD R.
BMW 328i
10/20/2014
Friendly and quick service.
I will be coming back here the next time I get my tires changed as the service was quick and the people friendly.

LL
LEE L.
Mazda CX-9
10/15/2014
Mazda 2008 cx9
I have always received excellent service from Manley's. A business in SF (remains nameless), could not hear or find my scraping issue and your men found it right away. Your company will always be my go to first before a big named company in SF.