Nashville Nolensville Midas

Overall Rating 3.57/5Overall Rating 3.57/5Overall Rating 3.57/5rating 3.57rating 3.57

AR
ALEXANDER R.
2013 DODGE AVENGER
06/14/2019 Category: Service
Work I didn't ask for
I made a 9AM appointment for an oil change. When I checked in I brought up that my check engine light was on, and provided the code that was read when I took my car to an auto parts store the previous evening (cylinder misfire). There wasn't any noticeable decline in my vehicle's performance. I just figured I needed a new ignition coil and a spark plug to clear the check engine light, and asked if they could check that out too.

My car was brought into the garage at 10:15, despite my 9AM appointment. The only people on staff were the manager and one technician. This location is hiring, from what I gathered, and is currently short-staffed. Even though this is out of their control, and I can't fault them for it, I didn't feel like I was being prioritized as someone who made an appointment, because four other individuals were in and out as walk-ins while I was waiting.

After a couple hours, the manager came out and offered me a tune-up and a 3-stage cleaning something-or-other. He explained that my car would really benefit from it, and gave me an estimate of something like $550. I told him I would skip the tune-up and all that, and asked him to just do the oil change, and do what needs to be done to make the check engine light turn off - replace the misfiring ignition coil and spark plug. I only wanted the things I came in for.

Around 1:45, the manager brought me up to check out. My total was $680 and change. I expressed my surprise to the manager, and he told me it was for the oil change and the tune-up. I told him I didn't want the tune-up. He was under the impression that I just didn't want the 3-stage cleaning something-or-other, but did want the tune-up, even though my exact words were "skip the tune-up". Of course, it was then apparent to me why I was waiting 5 hours for what I thought was something fairly simple. So he responded by having the technician bring my car back in the garage to undo the work I asked not to be done, and that I didn't want to pay for (The idea of undoing a tune-up is still rather comical to me). We argued back and forth for a bit, and he kept trying to "sell" me on the tune-up. Finally, I said forget it - I'll just pay for it and leave. He clearly felt that he knew best, and he wasn't going to sway in my favor. I had already wasted enough of my day off, and I just wanted to go home. The manager took $100 off for the confusion, which is fine, but I'm still not happy that I got stuck with paying $580 for something I didn't want.

If my car running better after the tune-up? I can't even tell. If it is, it's not a tremendous improvement. It really wasn't running poorly to begin with.

BRITTANY H.
2011 HYUNDAI SONATA
06/10/2019 Category: Service
Reliable, friendly, and honest
I typically don't like getting work done on my car, not for the cost, but because I usually feel like I'm being talked into something I don't actually need. Joshua and Adam don't treat you that way. They had some recommendations for me, but they showed me exactly what they were looking at and they gave me an honest timeline for how soon I needed to get things done. There was no fuss, no strong-arming, and definitely no question that these guys knew what they were talking about.

FA
FARAH A.
2000 TOYOTA 4RUNNER
06/09/2019 Category: Service
Long time customer
I've been going to this Midas since it opened back up under new management; same head tech Joshua has been there which is awesome. The GM Adam now is a personable guy & has been very kind & doesn't seem to just want $ but want customers. I appreciate both of them going the extra mile to see my car get fixed & even if it's acting up without their error-- they take responsibility. They could have charged me more probably with alignment, inter/putter tie rods & a rack issue-- but they didn't. I really pray God blesses them & helps them to keep running that business well.

ED
ED D.
2006 NISSAN ALTIMA
06/05/2019 Category: Service
Lousy no one change oil

2012 LEXUS RX 350
05/28/2019 Category: Service
The technician left oil marks in my car
The first man I encountered was very nice and seemed to care a lot about the service. However, the oil change took longer than expected and the man who did my oil change left oil smears on the driver side door, the visor, part of the roof, and the middle console. This could've have easily been avoided if the man wore clean gloves. I thought it was disrespectful to treat my car in such manor. I would've have had an OK experience is there was not oil marks in my car.

VP
VINAY P.
2015 COOPER CONVERTIBLE
05/26/2019 Category: Service
Installed exhausts sideways not centered, broke my rear spoiler trim on a very expensive JCW mini UNPROFESSIONAL stay away
I have been to this place 3 times before with high performance cars. This time I took 2 mini cooper JCWs and asked them to install brand new Milltek British exhausts. The staff are very nice and kind to customers. However they charged me over $500 for each mini which is OK if you do good work. Both the exhausts came out not at center but leaning to the right!!! on top of that they tried to move the fiberglass rear JCW spoiler and ruined it! These guys do NOT know what they are doing. Save yourself money, time and stay away! Please dont go there for any exhaust needs. I am going to let friends, neighbors and everyone know to stay away.

2014 CHRYSLER 200 Series
05/19/2019 Category: Service
In and Out
Quick. Easy. Job well done.

RD
Rikitta D.
Murfreesboro, TN
05/13/2019
The staff was courteous and made sure that I was taken care of after my appointment time went over.

RD
RIKITTA D.
2014 NISSAN ALTIMA
05/13/2019 Category: Service

GN
GAIL N.
2014 TOYOTA CAMRY
05/13/2019 Category: Service
Service and all technicians were great !
It was raining when I left and I was given an umbrella how nice was that!

SARAH B.
2013 TOYOTA COROLLA
05/04/2019 Category: Service
Fast friendly service at good price, but passenger side mirror got scratched up :(
Decently fast service for performing 2 different jobs, but I think I just happened to time it right too. Came in for oil change ($50 isn't bad for full synthetic, same as Walmart) and was offered several upsells, one I actually did need and they gave a decent price. The employees were very friendly and amicable, made small talk and were courteous. My biggest issue was my passenger side mirror got scratched up somewhere in the process and I can't buffer it out. Didn't notice it for a day or two.. kinda annoyed.

2003 OLDSMOBILE ALERO
04/24/2019 Category: Service
Always good work
Been having work done their for years and they always take care of me

VB
VAIBHAV B.
2014 NISSAN ALTIMA
04/22/2019 Category: Service
I am writing this email highly disappointed with the services, I got an oil change and tire rotation but they only did an oil change, when I asked to check my tire pressure, he filled it to 42PSI across three tires and left one with 31PSi, spill oil stains in my door, car seat, gear.

TIFFANIE B.
2010 NISSAN ALTIMA
04/09/2019 Category: Service
Inconsistent
Since my last visit, the customer service hasn’t improved. I still was not greeted upon entering and approaching the counter. Your representative continued working on his computer as if I were invisible. It also appears that you have a staffing problem as there weren’t enough technicians there to handle the full bays I observed. Your representative told me there were only two technicians there to do the work including himself. It didn’t appear that the labor time I was quoted would be accomplished, so I went to one of your competitors. There are too many options out here for your representatives to be treating customers like they don’t exist and not coming to work getting the jobs done in a timely manner. Your company lost out on an almost $1000 job that day. Need to make some changes.

2014 CHRYSLER 200 Series
04/08/2019 Category: Service
Great Seevice
Got in with an appointment and car was fixed and runs great.

BILL S.
1999 CHRYSLER SEBRING
04/06/2019 Category: Service
Long service time
I made an oil change appointment for two cars 3 days ahead. It was about 15 minutes before the first car was taken into the shop, while during that time two workers were either sitting drinking coffee or walking around. First car took about 50 minutes from the time we arrived, second car about 60 minutes from the time we arrived. I doubt we will be back as the last time I had an oil change there it took about 1 1/2 hours and the manager apologized and said he was short one worker.

Precision Tune and Valvoline charge more but take much less time.

thomas M.
2006 TOYOTA SIENNA
04/03/2019 Category: Service
Very helpful and very little wait.

2019 HONDA ODYSSEY

JONATHAN C.
2008 VOLKSWAGEN JETTA
03/21/2019 Category: Service
Awful experience
I had an appointment at 5:30 and did not leave until after 7. My car wasn't even pulled into the garage until 6:30. It would have been understandable if I saw people working and could tell they were busy, but I rarely saw anyone. My tires were supposed to be rotated and they simply were not. I know this for a fact. Overall, a terrible experience. I will not ever go to Midas again.