Overall Rating 4.01/5Overall Rating 4.01/5Overall Rating 4.01/5Overall Rating 4.01/5rating 4.01
4.0

Overall Rating 2.499996/5Overall Rating 2.499996/5rating 2.499996rating 2.499996rating 2.499996
Overall Rating 1.9/5rating 1.9rating 1.9rating 1.9rating 1.9
Latest Review about 1 month ago

10/21/2019 Category: Service
Revisar posible liqueo
Muy atentos, rápido atendieron mi auto me mostraron el problema y solucionaron en menos de una hora salí gracias

10/21/2019 Category: Service
Cambio de aceite
Tienen que ser mas calidos y mejorar la sal de espera yo voy por la garantia que pague al comprar el vehículo
Tom H., Service Director from Nemet Hyundai responded on 10/22/2019

Maria P.
2015 Hyundai Veloster
07/15/2019 Category: Service
4 Hour Wait for an Oil Change
Received an email today from someone at a Nemet saying they would look into my concerns, but nothing has yet to be resolved.

07/15/2019 Category: Service
4 Hours for an oil change!
I needed a few general maintenance things to be handled, but after waiting 4 hours for an oil change, I doubt that the other things I wanted checked were really done.
Tom H., Service Director from Nemet Hyundai responded on 07/18/2019

im sorry for your issues.i will be looking into your concerns

KH
Kristie H.
Queens, NY
2014 Hyundai Elantra
07/11/2019 Category: Service
Rescore review
There was no follow up and i was told i would get a call back regarding the wire harness for headlamp assembly and i am waiting over 2 weeks
Still no call back - thanks Gwin for the call back that never happenes

07/11/2019 Category: Service
The level of service was terrible!!
this is overall the worst service center experience i have ever experienced
Tom H., Service Director from Nemet Hyundai responded on 07/18/2019

i am sorry for your issues.we will be looking into your issues

RA
Ryan A.
03/13/2019 Category: Service
Lackadaisical attempt to rectify
I received a phone call the following day after my initial review. There was no voicemail left so when I called the number back I knew it was Nemet but didn’t know who to talk to. Talking to staff over the phone I was placed on an indefinite hold. I emailed Tom and still no response.

03/13/2019 Category: Service
Mediocre
Went for an oil change and to have the vehicle examined to find out the source of vibrations. Was told it was balancing and there has been no improvement in the vibrations.
Tom H., Service Director from Nemet Hyundai responded on 03/14/2019

thank you for your feedback.i will be talking to raymond today

Hollis, NY
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
11/20/2018 Category: Service
I got yelled at for leaving an honest review
After leaving an honest review I was contacted by a Lady named Nish/Nas from the service dept. and told me take my car to somewhere else. She did not apologize for my bad experience, instead spoke me in a very rude way and told me “I guess you will be taking your car somewhere else for service”. Did not hear/address my concerns. Not surprised

11/20/2018 Category: Service
Horrible wait time for basic service
Do not keep appointments. A manager is no where to be found, unprofessional workers
Tom H., Service Director from Nemet Hyundai responded on 11/28/2018

thank you for your feedback and i will be looking into your issues

Deborah G.
06/15/2018 Category: Service
They did not honor maintenance pkg which is only 11 month's old
I was for erd to pay for an oil change and inspection on a brand new car even after i bought maintenance pkg at time of purchase 11 months ago

06/15/2018 Category: Service
i had to pay for a simple oi change even though i bought maintenance pkg
since i was forced to pay for an oil change i should have received a full oil change with all that it entails including tire rotation and fluids topped off.am y
Tom H., Service Director from Nemet Hyundai responded on 06/15/2018

i apologize for the issues that you had when you were here.someone will be giving you a call

DE
Diego E.
Ridgewood, NY
02/03/2018 Category: Service
A MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT AND ABSOLUTE MESS
Today is Friday, February 9th 2018. I am the owner of a 2017 Hyundai Elantra Limited purchased in September 2017. I’ve had 2 instances in December 2017 where the car did not start and separently, times where it felt like it wanted to shut down. When I was up for my 1st maintenance appointment I mentioned this and they mentioned nothing came up. This week my car has shut down on me 3 times so I contacted Thomas Holmes from the dealership (who my husband, Diego Espinosa had already contacted) I was never able to directly speak with him over the phone but left messages. I NEVER received a call back from him. My husband forwarded an-mail which stated car should be brought for maintenance with link to make appointment online. I made it for this morning at 10:00 am.
Upon arriving they directed me to the counter and I was immediately told I would have to leave my car because it wouldn’t be looked at today. I said okay, but that I would require a loaner. They responded by stating that they are not part of a loaner program but that I could rent a car. I said okay, and asked if I would need a dealership voucher to cover cost and he said that I would have to pay out of pocket for rental. He stated once car was diagnosed and found that issue was covered under warranty then they would reimburse me because for sure the car wouldn’t be diagnosed today (or this weekend). I was appalled and in need of a vehicle being that I have 4 children under my care; 1 was supposed to be picked up from his school in Manhattan and brought to a dr’s appointment and the other 3 picked up at dismissal from thieir school in Queens.
He said that was policy and they could do no more for me. He mentioned I could return with car on Monday and I replied that on their appointment website it stated their service center was closed which was news he was unaware of! I then requested to speak with Thomas Holmes personally stating that if he had returned my calls/answered the messages I left, then I may have been aware of all this.
He passed me along to another window where when I requested to speak to Mr. Holmes all the employees looked at each other as if that was something just not done, almost as if they were scared to approach him with my request regarding my car issue. An employee left and came back stating the same thing the gentleman at the 1st window stated. It was at that point where my car was in the process of being moved; an employee tried to start it and encountered the same problem I had been dealing with all week & last year IT WOULD NOT START and needed a boost. I mentioned that this was what I’ve had to deal with all week and now this is the 4th time in 4 days a 5 month old 2017 car purchased and driven straight from the showroom did not perform. She said there was nothing more she could. They gave my brand new car a boost and expected me to leave it with no back up vehicle or to return in 4 days praying the car would work. I knew that as soon as I left, parked car, and shut engine off, it was very likely it would not start and leave me and my kids stranded in the streets of NYC in the freezing weather.
Nemet Hyundai as the service employees and their director Mr. Holmes, left me with no reasonable option!!
We are a family of 6 on a single income who purchased a Hyundai, make monthly car payments including full coverage insurance and they expected us to then pay out of pocket for a rental when our brand new car, purchased 5 months prior, should be reliable and START! I AGAIN asked to speak to Mr. Holmes; he never came to speak with me. What a blatant disregard to me as a customer and I was so upset and practically in tears! They resolved to take my car up next and 2 hours later they stated they needed to replace the cars battery because the one in the car had 2 dead cells. Why did I have to go through all this, why!!!!! I don’t feel valued as a customer AT ALL and dread having to go back for future maintenance visits after having to practically beg and plead for a fair resolution with a number of employees. What a horrible experience and what a horrible thing Mr. Holmes did by not attending me either via phone or in person. VERY VERY UPSETTING.

02/03/2018 Category: Service
unreliable, poor service
At time of leasing, i was told first visit would be no charge. When i took car for maintenance, they charged me and told me to take it up with the dealer. The car also is very unreliable when the weather is below freezing. 3x now the battery has died. On 1 occasion i had to miss work, the other i was docked for being late do to this car leaving me stranded. I mentioned the problem at time of service, they said they couldn't find anything wrong. I also called dealer 2x about this issue. 1st time they hang phone on me. 2nd, i was transferred back and forth between dealer and service till service again hung up on me again. This is my first Hyundai, only had the car for 6 months, not too happy with what i been going thru.
Tom H., Service Director from Nemet Hyundai responded on 02/05/2018

i apologize for the misunderstanding from when you leased your vehicle.on your next service visit i would like to give you your oil change at no charge.

KW
Kenneth W.
Glen Oaks, NY
08/01/2017 Category: Service
Second review, still not happy
I have sent two Emails to the service director of Nenet Hyundai with No Avail, I requested the panel to be replaced that they broke during the first service oil change

08/01/2017 Category: Service
the people were nice but the tech needs training
did not take the time to keep oil from dripping on the car and took unnecessary short cut that caused damage, will supply pictures on request
Tom H., Service Director from Nemet Hyundai responded on 08/02/2017

i would like to apologize for what happened and if you would please bring it in we will take care of any issues.Also when you are due for your next oil change it will be no charge to you.

Tom H., Service Director from Nemet Hyundai responded on 08/09/2017

i would like to apologize for not getting back to you right of way.i was out of work for a short time due to a death in my family.I should have worded it better in my first response to you,that when i said i would take care of any issues,what i meant was i would replace the broken panel and clean up the area if there is oil underneath

PL
PEGGY L.
11/15/2016 Category: Service
My issue was resolved. Thank you

11/15/2016 Category: Service
Service (Windshield Wipers)
I had to pay for a service covered in my contract
Tom H., Service Director from Nemet Hyundai responded on 11/16/2016

sir i will speak to the manager and make sure he takes care of your credit.My name is Tom Holmes and i will make follow up with him.thank you

Ryan B.
2015 Hyundai Veloster
11/07/2016 Category: Service
I want to say thank you to Thomas Holmes
Thank you Thomas for the fast response to my initial review and solving the issue I had. Again the fast response and offer you have given to resolve this is greatly appreciated

11/07/2016 Category: Service
Oil change service
Went well noticed some oil on my hood right on the paint. But I cleaned it off right away other then that an average oil change.
Tom H., Service Director from Nemet Hyundai responded on 11/09/2016

i apologize for that and i spoke with technician that worked on your car.on your next visit please see me and i will have your car detailed before you leave.you will be getting a rescore on this survey and if you can score us a 5 i would greatly appreciate it.

Little Neck, NY
2013 Hyundai Elantra Co
10/19/2016 Category: Service
Honesty works :)
Tom responded in a clear, concise, honest manner as to my concern. So I have given them an additional star, up to 4 now. When the facility is updated it will get a 5. Again many thanks to Derrick and I forgot to mention Bebe, also very nice and concerned about my visit.

10/19/2016 Category: Service
Great service, but the place looks like it is out of the middle ages.
Service was great and Derrick was top notch. 5 stars for that. But the facility still looks the same when it was Nemet Chevy back in 1981. Looks like it hasn't been cleaned since then. I would give how the place looks a zero, but a 1 is as low I can go. So that averages out to be a 3 stars. The way the service department looks gives the Hyundai brand a very, very bad showing.
Tom H., Service Director from Nemet Hyundai responded on 10/20/2016

we are in the process of updating the facility now ,i hope you would reconsider your survey because it effects the service writer who helped you on your visit.

2019 Hyundai Kona
11/08/2019 Category: Service
Good customer service
Tom H., Service Director from Nemet Hyundai responded on 11/11/2019

RL
Reginald L.
Brooklyn, NY
11/05/2019 Category: Service
5 years so far no problems.
Tom H., Service Director from Nemet Hyundai responded on 11/06/2019

ND
Nigel D.
South Richmond Hill, NY
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
11/03/2019 Category: Service
Dishonesty at NEMET at Hillside location
Even though my vehicle was serviced to my satisfaction, the technicians do not know what Customer Service means, they idle, talk a lot, and are not friendly. Maybe, it is just the area. A shake-up is definitely needed. Not to mention, someone or perhaps more than one employee at the Hillside location is stealing customers bank info and using it for their benefit. This is so sad, but yet serious. Please look into it. Thanks.
Tom H., Service Director from Nemet Hyundai responded on 11/04/2019

i apologize for your issues and i will look into it

AH
Alan H.
Plainview, NY
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe
11/01/2019 Category: Service
Best Dealer service in the biz
Everyone at Nemet cares and goes above and beyond to help you. This place is just the best!

Saint Albans, NY
2011 Hyundai Tucson
10/31/2019 Category: Service
Unprofessional
Took me 2hrs and 40 mins for an oil change. Staff were very rude and unprofessional. They make me feel like I was begging them for something.

No customer service training.

I would have given them a 0 score , but review wouldnt allow me to.
Tom H., Service Director from Nemet Hyundai responded on 11/01/2019

thank you for your feedback.i will be looking into your issues

CL

Elmont, NY
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
10/26/2019 Category: Service
Customer service
This place is not a customer service oriented facility. The gentleman who assisted me was rude and unprofessional. I will never return to this facility.
Tom H., Service Director from Nemet Hyundai responded on 10/28/2019

thank you for your feedback.we have spoken with the gentleman you were talking with

East Brunswick, NJ
2019 Hyundai Sonata
10/26/2019 Category: Service
Lack of professionalism and poor facility
Front desk staff doesn't know anything what need to be done during service. No one direct me to right counter. Facility is nasty.
Tom H., Service Director from Nemet Hyundai responded on 10/28/2019