Northern Auto Repairs est. 1970

Latest Review about 1 month ago

AP
anthony p.
06/03/2020
its all about the dollars
they only care about the $ - if you need service but it is not a high dollar repair they are "really busy" and can't make time.

John B.
Saint Clair Shores, MI
02/28/2018
GREAT JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Absolutly the best service around !!!!!! Honest ,Precision diagnostic evaluations , GREAT turn around time and the best mechanics in the State of Michigan !!!!! if you want it done correctly the first time with out any guess work or worries you've come to the right place , and there customer service is A++ , if you've ever had a problem with trusting an Automotive Repair shop . STOP Guessing and taking a chance with your Vehicle and bring it to Northern , Best experiance ever in 25 years of dealing with getting my Vehicle repairs done . - John Boman

DN
David N.
08/05/2017
beware
a very friendly place, except they are experts in up selling. I was talked into joining the car care club that would generate lots of savings on the current job. When I later analyzed the costs, the savings were much smaller.

DF
Darin F.
Subaru Tribeca
12/31/2016
First and last time for me at Northern
I wanted to save money after 3 years of dealership only service for my 2013 vehicle. I was told by my dealer that I needed brakes so I decided to get a quote from Northern and try and save some money knowing the dealer likely would be more expensive. The mechanic at Northern convinced me I needed rotors too which seemed odd since There was pad left on all 4 brakes but their explanation seemed reasonable. I accepted their estimate and had them do the work same day. All seemed fine. A week later, my wife sees the brake light come on. We look at the manual and it's clear it likely needs brake fluid. She stops and buys fluid and fills it up. I take it into Northern on their next business day. They get me right in. They spot the leak and explain my brake line (that they in no way ever touched) has worn out and started leaking. They give me a quote of $170 to replace it. I told them I'd think about it, knowing I would drive to right to the dealer. They suggested driving it at all would be extremely dangerous given the leak. My dealer replaced a fitting for $90. The line was fine in their estimation. The dealers opinion was that the brake line fitting was loose and that doesn't happen by accident. If anything, it would get corroded and seize up but getting loose wouldn't happen over time.
I'm not sure what happened but Northern was either deliberately negligent here or made a mistake during the original repair and tried to hide it. Either way, I can't see trusting my car (and my families lives) to Northerns judgement. All things being equal, my dealer proved not only trustworthy but less expensive.

ER
Elliot R.
Berkley, MI
Jeep Cherokee
12/31/2016
Great and friendly service
As always Northern provides through and friendly service. They have helped me out so many times. THANK-YOU

EH
Evan H.
Mazda 3
12/27/2016 Category: Service
Evan said they were fast, helpful, courteous, and polite. However, the estimate was very inaccurate.

Judith K.

Southfield, MI
Honda Accord
12/23/2016
The customer hospitality
The hospitality and the customer service was excellent. This place goes back when I was a kid when my parents went here when my dad took his car here for fixing. The honesty with other top feedbacks makes Northern Auto Repair a great place to bring your car in for service. The only downside is that they do not open on Saturdays.
Kamile B. from Northern Auto Repairs est. 1970 responded on 12/25/2016

Thank you Seth for taking your time to give us your sincere feedback.We do serve as in your case second and sometimes third generation of clients. We have been serving the community since 1970. Thank you again

LG
Larry G.
Pleasant Ridge, MI
GMC Pickup
12/22/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Larry's wife. She said the service is great at this business. She would recommend this business for service.
Kamile B. from Northern Auto Repairs est. 1970 responded on 12/25/2016

Thank you for your positive feedback.

CY
Carol Y.
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Oldsmobile Aurora
12/20/2016 Category: Service
Carol said she was pleased with the service.
Kamile B. from Northern Auto Repairs est. 1970 responded on 12/25/2016

Thank you Carol for your feedback.

HT
Hayley T.
12/20/2016 Category: Service
Hayley said she had a good experience with this business.
Kamile B. from Northern Auto Repairs est. 1970 responded on 12/25/2016

Thank Hayley for your positive feedback.

EL
Elaine and Cary L.
Buick LaCrosse
12/16/2016
Northern provides you with good service & reliable service. You can trust what they tell you about the service your car needs. They do not pressure you, they are truthful & their prices are reasonable. Would not consider going any place else. In today's world you need to trust the people you deal with & that's the people at Northern.
Kamile B. from Northern Auto Repairs est. 1970 responded on 12/25/2016

Thank you Elaine and Cary for your positive feedback.

Norm O.
Berkley, MI
Chrysler Town
12/16/2016 Category: Service
Norm said he has been going to this business for years and they have always been the same, pleasant. He looks forward to going there. They have good service and he has recommended them to others.
Kamile B. from Northern Auto Repairs est. 1970 responded on 12/25/2016

Thank you Norm for your positive feedback.

Rebecca C.
Pontiac Vibe
12/16/2016 Category: Service
Rebecca said this business has polite and prompt customer service.
Kamile B. from Northern Auto Repairs est. 1970 responded on 12/25/2016

Thank you Rebecca for your feedback. Customer's service is very important to us and I appreciate you noticing the quality of our service.

LO
Lisa O.
Pleasant Ridge, MI
Ford Taurus X
12/10/2016
Excellent service. Mechanic took a video to show us what actually broke.
Kamile B. from Northern Auto Repairs est. 1970 responded on 12/25/2016

Thank you Lisa for your feedback. We use a wonderful program to send videos or pictures with graphs and explanation to clients phones. I am glad you used it and liked it.