In discussing Mr. P's concerns with service management I find there was a breakdown in communications between Mr. P and our personnel.
Customer reported A/C problems and we initated a "step by step" diagonises regiment.
The first step was to inspect the system and determine if there were freon leaks. We found leaks and repaired them which resulted in the system returning to proper operation. We also added dye into the system as a means of determining if any other leaks might be an issue. Finding none we returned the vehicle to the customer.
Subsequently, the customer reported issues again and taking advantage of the information the previousely installed dye now provided, we determined that the condenser was leaking and needed repoacement. That work was done and we gave the customer a discount.
We follow this "step by step" repair procedures as a way to repair vehicles at the lowest possible cost knowing that the first effort may (or may not) result in a successful repair. This policy saves customer's costs as we don't immediately "replace everything" in an attempt to resolve an issue.
We apparently did not adquately explain this procedure to Mr. P; we apologise.