Over The Edge Automotive LLC

Tom P.
Wallingford, CT
09/06/2020
Excellent knowledgeable work.
Staff has very friendly attitude, thorough service. Owner, Jim Manck, is the whole auto expert and troubleshooting is his game. Takes photos and shows you the problems. Estimates are honest and accurate. Very reliable, reasonable prices.

AA
Austin A.
Norwalk, CT
08/10/2020
My experience at this shop has been the exact opposite of everyone here
This shop fixed my jeep a few times, I believe they changed the oil pan which had become damaged and so far that seems fine. However, the past 2-3 times he "fixed" my jeep it completely destroyed it and my faith in his shop. For reference, I drive my cars maybe a dozen times a year.

1. I took it to him because my rear view mirror had fallen off the window, completely intact. When I got it back, the electronics in the mount were dangling from the now mounted rear view mirror and none of it worked, neither the compass nor the temperature. So I had to take it back to him.

2. I took it back to him. In addition, I noticed my turn signal didnt work. I had replaced this part myself before, it was easy (10 mins, 4 screws) and commonly fails but figured I would give him the business. He first replaced the relay, when I told him exactly what the issue was, and then after replacing the relay told me I need a new turn signal switch too. That was the only part I ever needed.

3. Well this is where it gets interesting. The reason he replaced the relay was because if he didn't use that relay, whenever he would put the hazards on it would pop a fuse. THIS IS A COMMON PROBLEM ON GOOGLE WITH THE PARTS HE USED. Instead of trying a new switch, he charged me for a relay. AND ALL THE LABOR.

4. And here's the cherry: NOTHING WORKS:
- Compass was not fixed, the plastic housing still isnt on the mirror. The compass now lights up but tells me I'm going in random directions

- MY TURN SIGNALS DON'T WORK AND HE SENT ME ON THE ROAD LIKE THIS. TO GET PULLED OVER OR WORSE

- When i applied my brake the reverse light would randomly come on, when I turned the brake lights would go off. It was such a disaster. I am sure if I took it to him he would tell me to replace the "old electrical system".

Solution: I was going to take it back to him, but thankfully I'm educated and have enough money to just START OVER and go buy the correct parts myself. I play with integrated circuits and processors for fun and have formal training as a computer scientist.

It took me 20 minutes from start to finish to replace the switch and the relay, both of which he had previously replaced, and sure enough after that my lights are street legal again.

I'll definitely be filing a complaint about this, his shop should have its license revoked for sending a car which previously had working tail lights back on the road with tail lights that don't work.

You're well advised to stay clear of this guy. I don't know what his problem is, maybe it's because of the color of my skin? No clue. Just I wish I never took my jeep to him.

Now I need to fix the compass, and then it will be back to what it was before he ever started working on it.

Sam M.
Bethany, CT
07/16/2019
Great shop!
Jim at Over The Edge Auto and Collision is very nice and honest. Jim has great prices and good customer service. All around great shop!

Sam M.
Bethany, CT
07/16/2019
Great shop!

MARTHA G.
03/16/2019
HONEST HONEST HONEST
I FOUND JIM BY ACCIDENT IN JANUARY OF 2017. I FIND HIM EXTREMELY FAIR AND HONEST. EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND EFFICIENT. HIS EMPLOYEES ALSO, ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND POLITE. EACH TIME I HAD A PROBLEM OR CONCERN HE NOT ONLY TOOK CARE OF IT, BUT EXPLAINED JUST WHAT WAS HAPPENDING AND WHAT AND HOW HE WOULD DO TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM.
I DO NOT HESITATE TO RECOMMEND OVER THE EDGE TO ANYONE WHO PREFERS A HONEST, REPUTABLE DEALER (GREAT PERSON)

Marc P.
Shelton, CT
03/06/2017
Honest
Jim and his crew do excellent work, serviced many of my cars over the years - always goes above and beyond.

Suzanne S.
Pelham, NY
Lexus ES 330
06/26/2016
The people and the excellent care and service
Great as always

RI
Roy I.
06/11/2016
Service Review
They do a great job and most of all I trust them

SF
Susan F.
06/04/2016
Great place and owner!
Jim always provides fair, honest, reliable pricing and workmanship. Have recommended his place to many people and never been disappointed afterwords.

Bettie S.
05/28/2016
convenient
Good service.

Micah S.
Chevrolet Caprice
05/24/2016
Superb...again
Thanks for finding leaky AC compressor gaskets and getting me running cool again. Price was right, service amazing. Great!!

DT
David T.
Derby, CT
05/23/2016
Great Service with honest advice
I have been a loyal customer of Over the Edge for the last 8 or so years. All my cars and my kid's cars come here for regular service and repairs. Jim and the gang are always helpful and very honest when it comes time for repair work to be done on my cars. I would not go anywhere else.

AP

Loray E.
Saturn Outlook
05/18/2016
Had my struts fixed
The atmosphere the workers are all so friendly and Jim is the best so kind and so honest

Dennis C.
Ford Windstar
04/28/2016
Wont be back
Not only did you do the job incorrectly, lied about the work you did and overcharged,doing work NOT asked to do to justify the outragous amount. Your work was terrible. You are supposed to be a knowledgeable professional. If your help isn't it is still on you. You have just lost a customer with 3 vehicles and I will not recommend you again.
Jim M. from Over The Edge Automotive LLC responded on 04/29/2016

Customer brought in HIS own part, told us to replace it. When  this failed to fix the problem, I warrranted HIS part & replaced it NO CHARGE.  Show me any garage that would do that.
(This is becuase I'm a chump and want my customers happy)  Anyhow, the car is still not fixed. I would be pissed too!!!  As far as lying, honesty is the only way I do business. My bill is under market, Try to paying over $450,000 a yr in rent, wkmans comp, pay experinced certifed help, etc ,etc  and charge less than market, you will be out of business.  Thats If you can find a shop, that installs customer supplied parts.  Customer failed to mention the FREE work I did to keep him happy.  For that , I get thrown under the bus! Thanks.

Jim Mank