West Haven, CT 06516
1. I took it to him because my rear view mirror had fallen off the window, completely intact. When I got it back, the electronics in the mount were dangling from the now mounted rear view mirror and none of it worked, neither the compass nor the temperature. So I had to take it back to him.
2. I took it back to him. In addition, I noticed my turn signal didnt work. I had replaced this part myself before, it was easy (10 mins, 4 screws) and commonly fails but figured I would give him the business. He first replaced the relay, when I told him exactly what the issue was, and then after replacing the relay told me I need a new turn signal switch too. That was the only part I ever needed.
3. Well this is where it gets interesting. The reason he replaced the relay was because if he didn't use that relay, whenever he would put the hazards on it would pop a fuse. THIS IS A COMMON PROBLEM ON GOOGLE WITH THE PARTS HE USED. Instead of trying a new switch, he charged me for a relay. AND ALL THE LABOR.
4. And here's the cherry: NOTHING WORKS:
- Compass was not fixed, the plastic housing still isnt on the mirror. The compass now lights up but tells me I'm going in random directions
- MY TURN SIGNALS DON'T WORK AND HE SENT ME ON THE ROAD LIKE THIS. TO GET PULLED OVER OR WORSE
- When i applied my brake the reverse light would randomly come on, when I turned the brake lights would go off. It was such a disaster. I am sure if I took it to him he would tell me to replace the "old electrical system".
Solution: I was going to take it back to him, but thankfully I'm educated and have enough money to just START OVER and go buy the correct parts myself. I play with integrated circuits and processors for fun and have formal training as a computer scientist.
It took me 20 minutes from start to finish to replace the switch and the relay, both of which he had previously replaced, and sure enough after that my lights are street legal again.
I'll definitely be filing a complaint about this, his shop should have its license revoked for sending a car which previously had working tail lights back on the road with tail lights that don't work.
You're well advised to stay clear of this guy. I don't know what his problem is, maybe it's because of the color of my skin? No clue. Just I wish I never took my jeep to him.
Now I need to fix the compass, and then it will be back to what it was before he ever started working on it.
I DO NOT HESITATE TO RECOMMEND OVER THE EDGE TO ANYONE WHO PREFERS A HONEST, REPUTABLE DEALER (GREAT PERSON)
Customer brought in HIS own part, told us to replace it. When this failed to fix the problem, I warrranted HIS part & replaced it NO CHARGE. Show me any garage that would do that.
(This is becuase I'm a chump and want my customers happy) Anyhow, the car is still not fixed. I would be pissed too!!! As far as lying, honesty is the only way I do business. My bill is under market, Try to paying over $450,000 a yr in rent, wkmans comp, pay experinced certifed help, etc ,etc and charge less than market, you will be out of business. Thats If you can find a shop, that installs customer supplied parts. Customer failed to mention the FREE work I did to keep him happy. For that , I get thrown under the bus! Thanks.
Over The Edge Auto LLC