Pace Tire And Diagnostic

David A.
Astoria, NY
12/05/2018
Horrible & Really Disappointing Service
Firstly, this is the first time i have ever written a review, purely because of the terrible service i received. It may be a long one but its one you should be aware of.

I ordered tires from Tire Rack for a total of $1,550 and had them shipped to Pace based off reviews on this site. The day the tires were delivered I called Pace and they confirmed the tires arrived. Based on this, I called on Thursday 11/29/18 to set up an appointed with a time that worked for Pace. I was told to come in at 7am Friday (the next day) 11/30 and i would be seen straight away.

Instead of going to work, I went to Pace and I arrived at the shop at 6:55am. Nobody showed up until 7.25am at which point i was told by Emil the guy who changes the tires wouldn't be in until 8.30 and i would have to leave my car there. This wasn't planned or explained to me on the phone the previous day which is exactly why i called to make an appointed. I was told it would take 2 hours to changed my tires and they would call me when the car was ready. This was pretty annoying given i was told i would be seen to at 7am. Based on this, I then ordered an Uber and spent 40 min getting to my job in Brooklyn. 11:30 AM came around and i had still not received a call to let me know when the car would be ready so i decided to call. I spoke with Emil and he gave crazy attitude on the phone saying they were busy and it would be the evening time when its ready and hung up. I was a little shocked by this response but left it go without getting too frustrated. 2pm came around and there was still no call, so i decided to call again and explained to the shop that i needed my car in the evening, keeping in mind i was told to come at 7am and would be seen at 7am. They then told me the car would be ready for 3pm. Given that i left work early, ordered an Uber and headed back to Pace.

As the Uber was 5 min from the Garage Emil then called me again to say the tires were lost, the car was on the lift but they couldn't find the tires. My uber pulled up, car was still in the parking lot (not on the lift as stated) with nothing done to it. I walked into the garage explained that this was crazy service. I really couldn't believe it but i waited another 45 min for them to look for the tires before asking for my keys and leaving. They didn't bother looking for the tires and really just filled me with crap and wasted my time the entire day. They stressed that losing the tires was tire racks fault, they didn't deliver bla bla bla even though they confirmed delivery on the phone to me. This really pi**ed me off, from calling making the appointment to be left with this.

The following Tuesday i called tire rack to let them know my tires for $1,550 had been ''lost'' by Pace. They kept me on hold for 20 minutes, and then came back to tell me they called Pace and they actually had the tires the entire time... I really couldn't believe what kind of morons i was dealing with when i heard this. I told tire rack there was no way i was going back there due to the horrific service.

I have no issue with problems arising, these things happen, but to be bullshitted all day is another thing and these guys brought '' NOT GIVING A SHIT''' to a new level.

I would highly recommend using another garage, these guys do not care about customers, will waste your time and money without consideration.

AL
ARLENE L.
Queens, NY
Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight
11/10/2017
Politeness!
Second visit there. Swift polite service. Pretty fair prices. Works with you. Honest!

KA
KATHERINE A.
10/30/2017
Confusion and incomplete service
Came in for inspection. Another gentleman was told both break lights were out on his Hyundai when in fact it was my car. When I was given the car back the keys were not in it and the fuse panel door was off and laying on the floor by my drivers seat and was full of grease. I had to go back inside for the keys and to have someone put the panel back on and clean it which he did but grease was not completely wiped off. Not impressed with this visit, have to question coming on weekends for service, weekday service and crew more reliable.

JU
JOHN U.
Ridgewood, NY
10/30/2017
Most honest shop period!
This is the most honest shop period. They identify the problem quickly and give you the available options. A+A+A+

ROBERT B.

Excelent

MAGDA S.
10/22/2017
cleanliness, courteous service
We are customers for many years and are very pleased and are very satisfied with the service we receive.

ES
ELSA S.
Maspeth, NY
Volkswagen Golf GTI
Open seven days a week.
Courtesy, knowledge, guidance, helpfulness and promptness, this has always been my experience at Pace Tire And Diagnostic.

DENNIS M.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
10/21/2017
Knowledgeable staff, great management and within walking distance for convenience.
I have been a satisfied customer for years and have never had any car issues they couldn't resolve.

CHARLES B.
Change tire
Ron help me to get tire and got the tire in one day and didn’t talk that long I appreciate the help and it was excellent

GS
GASPER S.
Brooklyn, NY
10/19/2017
35 years of customer satisfation
I've been going to Pace for at least 35 years. That should tell you all you need to know. Excellent diagnosis, prompt completion of services, friendly and polite.

WA
WALLACE A.
10/19/2017
Quick Repair
Pace Tire fixed my car immediately so I wouldn't have to take a cab home. Great place to bring your car to be fixed. A+++++

JE

CP
Christina p.
10/14/2017
The people and I trust them great work
They know exactly what the problem is and I trust only them with my car and they are reasonably.

Carl H.
Forest Hills, NY
Toyota Echo
10/13/2017 Category: Service
Carl said he was very impressed with the way the mechanic handled everything. He was able to call and the mechanic told him what time he could go in so he did. The work was done in a timely manner and for a reasonable price.

CP
I won't bring my car to anyone I trust pace 100 percent

SUSAN C.
Honda Element
10/11/2017
Efficient and polite customer service.
My back lights died on one side. My car was repaired within about half an hour. Thanks, Pace!

PM
Patrick M.
Honda Fit
10/11/2017 Category: Service
Patrick said the business had terrific service. When he got there they were very quick. The staff did the work nicely and efficiently.

FS
FRANK S.
Forest Hills, NY
INFINITI I35
10/10/2017
the people there were very knowledgeable about the difference of tires that are for my car.
friendly , courteous service and good prices on tires and auto service !

EH
EDWIN H.
Nissan Rogue
10/02/2017
service and knowledge
great place to do business