Pacific Heights Chevron & Service Repair

San Bruno, CA
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
11/13/2018
Not great
I needed a flat tire repaired....needed to take a screw out of the tread, then patch/plug it... only one car ahead of me , nobody waiting, took 2 1/2 hours for a 5-10 minute job...ridiculous!!!
Riz from Pacific Heights Chevron & Service Repair responded on 11/13/2018

I'm sorry you felt you had a poor experience here at Pacific Heights Chevron Auto Repair. We try our best to complete our jobs in a timely and fair manner and to satisfy our customers. I am reviewing your work order and it's documented that we called twice at 11:28 a.m. to inform you that your car is ready, however you have a voicemailbox that is not set up yet. In the future, if you do decide to come back, the best way to get in and out is to set up an appointment. Thank you for your review.

JOHN K.
San Francisco, CA
Volkswagen Golf
09/11/2017
Only that it's near my home.
I called P.H. Chevron to bring my car in to fix a taillight. I was told that that day was impossible with only one mechanic doing repairs. He said the next day was fine. I made an appointment for 10 a.m. He said that he was writing that down. My wife came in at 10 and was told that I was told to come in as early as possible like 8 a.m. Her told her to come back at 3:30. She did and they found nothing wrong. Then they left all the lights on which we only noticed that night. It was great recently with the woman in charge when we had a smog check. But then it took them more than a week to submit the paperwork to the State. We got a letter from then saying that they were still waiting for the paperwork and could not give us our new registration. Not good. The station should be fully staffed with at lease three mechanics and should honor their appointments.
Janet S., Owner from Pacific Heights Chevron & Service Repair responded on 09/11/2017

We very much appreciate your business and I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced here. However, there are some items that need to be clarified.

When your wife arrived to have the taillight checked at 10:00 am she was unable to leave the vehicle with us for the time required to remove and replace any parts, if needed,  and then test that all lights were working properly.

When she returned at 3:30 pm that afternoon I had both of my mechanics stop the work they were doing and had them both work as quickly as possible to to locate the problem and get your wife back on the road. All lights were illuminating properly and were turned on to show your wife that each was working properly.

In reference to the Smog delay, when a Smog test is run, the vehicle and computer are connected directly to the DMV system and the certificate is issued instantaneously.

When you first brought your vehicle in on 8/9  for the Smog Certification the vehicle failed so no certificate was issued. When you came in for the retest on 8/24 the vehicle passed and the Smog Certificate, # HD834758C, was issued by the state @1:01 pm on 8/24/17. Any delay in processing was on the part of the state DMV not our shop.