Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

AH
Amanda H.
02/05/2018
Ponder has been exceptional in communicating what needs to be done, and they even managed to get my repair done faster than they anticipated. My only issue was that when they said "three year warranty," what they actually meant was "30,000 mile warranty." Well, I drive 26,000-30,000 miles in just a year so I was told that labor would be covered when I called to ask about it, but ended up paying for labor because I had driven several thousand more miles than they anticipated. This isn't necessarily a company issue, but more due to the employee I spoke with being newer to the position and not realizing what a huge difference terminology would make.

Randy H.
Telford, TN
02/02/2018
Finally an auto repair shop that is not only good - but honest as well. When I went to pick up my truck - they were able to save labor and parts compared to the original quote and saved me $750.00. Good work, great people, reasonable prices. They will do what they say they will do!

SK
Scott K.
Jonesborough, TN
01/22/2018 Category: Service
Scott said the employees did a good job.

TC
Travis C.
Honda Civic Si
01/18/2018
Very friendly service
They are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and fair.

Karen B.
01/18/2018 Category: Service
Spoke with Richard. He said the business was dependable and he has known the business for many years.

EY
Eddie Y.
01/18/2018 Category: Service
Eddie said the business has a very nice, courteous and reliable staff. He highly recommends them to others.

Trudy M.
01/11/2018 Category: Service
Trudy said the service was great and she loves these guys. They did everything she asked them to do and they made it wonderful for her.

JN
James N.
01/08/2018
This is the garage your parents and grandparents warned you about when you started driving!
AVOID AT ALL COST!!

I went to Ponder to get a diagnostic ran on my 98 Toyota Corolla. In addition to taking almost a SOLID WEEK to get my car into the shop, (it hadn't been moved out of the parking place where I had left it) I had to basically call and remind them it was there.
In addition to that, they couldn't even tell me WHICH of the motor mounts needed replaced until they checked it again. My suspicion is that since I said it sounded like the motor mounts, they simply ran with it and threw together an estimate.
Then, once in the shop, I had to fight to see how much they were charging for the individual parts and for the labor. Finally, we discussed using parts I would supply myself (as they were charging an arm and a leg). I was told that it had to be ok'ed, but that there wouldn't be an additional charge.

I called to set an appointment to have the mounts replaced, with me including the parts. While on that call, they repeated that the price was the same as on my estimate (about $400 labor after taxes). I then get a call back less than 10 minutes later saying that he was mistaken, and that they DO charge for customer supplied parts and the cost would be $590 before taxes. A $200+ differences after taxes were applied.

tldr: Avoid them like the plague unless you want your time and your money wasted. I'm now out about $50 for a diagnostic that Lord knows if they even got it right.

LC
Laura C.
Limestone, TN
Nissan Quest
01/04/2018
You are treated as if you understand the workings of your vehicle.
Ponders can always be counted on for excellent quality service.

SK
Sally K.
Jonesborough, TN
Mazda Tribute
12/28/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Nancy. She said the business was very good to work with. The indicator light for the coolant came on, so she is going to add some coolant and see what happens.

Jerry C.
12/26/2017 Category: Service
Jerry said the staff provided excellent, honest service.

RD
Robert D.
Tennessee
GMC Terrain
12/23/2017 Category: Service
Robert said the staff at this business was quick, friendly and provided great customer service. He was pleased, especially with Bob, who went above and beyond.

Kristina S.
12/19/2017
Quick service
My repair was done quickly and every step of the way explained to me. The shuttle service from the shop to home was a great convenience.

TD
T.R. D.
Nissan Maxima
12/18/2017 Category: Service
T.R. said the staff are friendly and professional. He knows they will do an excellent job.

GS
Gary S.
Kia Rondo
12/15/2017
Professionalism meets home-town folks!
Appreciate getting me in quickly and and getting me on the way to my busy day. You guys are always courteous and thorough.

PM
Phillip M.
JOHNSON CITY, TN
12/13/2017 Category: Service
Phillip said the business is great and he is very happy with the service.

MA
Marissa A.
12/12/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Joe. He said the staff communicates well.

Kristain B.
Pontiac G6
12/11/2017
Great and Honest work!
I had a hose in my car split and I drove my car to Ponder without an appointment and they were able to diagnosis and fix the problem that same day! My original quote for the part and labor was 250.00, but Mr. Ponder Sr. was so nice and actually corrected the price and go the right part. He was very helpful to help me understand what chemicals had gotten inside my tubes and engine and what had occurred. They also looked at other parts of my car and help me with where and how to install the parts! These are very friendly, honest men who will not price gauge!!!! I would recommend them to anyone!

WH
Wayne H.
12/11/2017 Category: Service
Wayne said he would recommend this business for service.

EF
Eula F.
Ford Escort
12/11/2017 Category: Service
Eula said her overall experience was very good.