Reeves Tire And Automotive

DANNY N. on 10/17/2017
"Work"
Shop does good work but the stervice desk was a little stung out and need more help.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado SS
Service Date: 10/10/2017
Review Created: 10/12/2017 01:02 PM
MARGARET Y. on 10/05/2017
"Great service!"
Every time I come in for a rotation, I get quick service and everyone is so nice. I've bought two sets of tires from them and highly recommend.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 10/05/2017
Review Created: 10/05/2017 08:22 PM
AARON T. on 09/29/2017
"The service is solid and the problem did get resolved but this visit was not without a few issues."
I brought my car into the shop because it was making a grinding noise when braking. It wasn't a constant grind, more like a rotating grind when I applied the brakes. It's difficult to describe. After evaluating my car, they got a hold of me and told me they didn't know exactly what could be causing the issue, had me re-explain what the problem I experienced was and that it could either be the drums or the rotors. The quote I received to address everything was $395 and some change. I asked if there was any way for them to narrow down these possibilities because I didn't want to have to pay for work that wasn't necessary. I was informed it was most likely the drums and to have that work done would be slightly over $200. I agreed that was acceptable.

About an hour later they contacted me again and informed me they did the work on the drums, took my car out to test the brakes and the grinding noise was not only present but apparently really bad. It was explained to me that the rotors would need to be replaced and the estimate to do that would be an additional $213 (or something close to that). This didn't make any sense to me because the initial estimate to get all the work done, had I gone that route, was only $395 and now I'm being told that it would be well an additional $213ish, bringing the total to over $400. When I asked for an explanation for the increased price, the person I was talking to did a bit of calculating and then simply repeated everything he just got done saying, which is to say it would be an extra $213 without any actual explanation as to why it is now more expensive than the original estimate. He asked what I wanted them to do and perturbed, I reluctantly agreed because the whole reason I brought my car into the shop in the first place was to get this issue resolved.

After a few more hours, my car was ready and I was able to pick it up. I did have a $50 off coupon for any maintenance over $250 that they honored, so my final cost was $369.69. And I will say that the issue does seem to be completely resolved now as I haven't noticed any more grinding. I was told that the drums were warped and the rotors had accumulated a excessive amount of rust, so overall it was probably a good idea to have had all that work done (I may have that backwards, but you get the idea). To which I think that's really good. So my biggest issue is why the difference in pricing over what I was originally quoted and what the actual cost ended up being, to which I never did get a satisfactory explanation. Fortunately, I did have that $50 coupon so that softened the blow but an explanation would have been welcome.

I do intend to continue giving Reeves my business. I have in the past rated them 5 stars and I won't let the issues I experienced during this one visit sour me on them. They are reputable and do good work. They are also the most affordable shop I have found in the area and I do recommend them to anyone needing their car worked on. So, keep in mind that this review is strictly to reflect my opinions during this one visit.
Vehicle: Ford Escort
Service Date: 09/28/2017
Review Created: 09/29/2017 09:39 PM
RICHARD P. on 09/13/2017
"Good courteous service."
Nice work, will use again.
Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra
Service Date: 09/13/2017
Review Created: 09/13/2017 10:44 PM
Rachel K. on 09/09/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Quick and professional"
Dustin went the extra mile to get both my cars in on short notice. He offered top notch service. The oil change and tir alignments went smooth!
Service Date: 08/24/2017
Review Created: 09/09/2017 08:34 PM
ROBERT B. on 09/08/2017
"Flat tire "
In and out quickly friendly staff
Vehicle: Ford Mustang
Service Date: 09/08/2017
Review Created: 09/08/2017 11:33 PM
GLENN N. on 09/07/2017
"Did you even look?"
Came in to have a flat repaired. When the tech had finished he said he couldn't find anything in the tire and the pressure sensors only needed calibrating. After returning home I decided to check the tire myself and lo and behold guess what I found. You guessed it a nail. This took me less than a minute. I was pretty sure the sensors weren't the problem as the tire had air added multiple times and I know how to use a tire gauge. They also overinflated all my tires to 40 psi when it's clearly marked in the door jam that they should only be inflated to 32 psi. In the end they did repair the tire but it shouldn't have taken two trips to do it.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Suburban
Service Date: 09/05/2017
Review Created: 09/07/2017 05:19 PM
KEITH/DEBBIE D. on 08/24/2017
"Great service"
Always treated well and given great service.
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 08/22/2017
Review Created: 08/24/2017 07:37 AM
PAM L. on 08/23/2017
"Van inspection "
Was surprised it didn't passed
Vehicle: Dodge Caravan
Service Date: 08/23/2017
Review Created: 08/23/2017 08:35 PM
GEORGE L L. on 07/29/2017
"very professional people"
I have done business with reeves for years, and they have always treated me fairly and with respect.
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
Service Date: 07/21/2017
Review Created: 07/29/2017 12:18 PM
LORI S. on 07/29/2017
"Fast and friendly service!"
Travis always takes great care of our vehicles and is always friendly when we walk in the door.
Vehicle: Ford Super Duty F-250 SRW
Service Date: 07/19/2017
Review Created: 07/29/2017 05:41 AM
Michael A. on 07/26/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Took my business elsewhere..."
I stopped in to get a tire puncture fixed and was told they could get to me in about fifteen minutes. I told the gentleman behind the counter that was great and that I would just leave my vehicle with him and come back in about 45 minutes. Upon returning and walking in the front door, the same gentleman behind the counter didn't even look up to see who came in. Thinking he would update me on the status of my vehicle upon eye contact, I approached the counter. Still no acknowledgment so I continued to wait. After about ten minutes a mechanic leisurely strolled into the front office to collect another job ticket and I noticed my vehicle's ticket was still third in line to be tended to. At that point I spoke up and told the gentleman behind the counter that they clearly were not going to get to my vehicle for some time and that I would just take my keys back and deal with the tire puncture some other way.

If the wait time is an hour plus (or in this case closer to an hour and a half plus), don't tell a customer you can get to them in 15 minutes. Had the gentleman at the counter simply been realistic, I would have thanked him and went on my way at that point.

I am very surprised by this experience as I have done business with Reeves in the past. The atmosphere, customer service / acknowledgment, and sense of urgency is seemingly just not there today...at least not like it was a year ago.

I can't image going back.
Service Date: 07/21/2017
Review Created: 07/26/2017 06:56 PM
CHARLES R. on 06/26/2017
"Great service"
Great people to deal with.
Thank you. do not give my email to anyone!!!
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 05/30/2017
Review Created: 06/26/2017 01:30 PM
JONATHON F. on 06/26/2017
"Great fast service"
Took my car here because another tire place messed up. Reeve's was able to fix the issue the right way and in less than an hour. Competitive prices and knowledgeable people.
Vehicle: Toyota Sienna
Service Date: 05/31/2017
Review Created: 06/26/2017 11:03 AM
KATHY A. on 06/21/2017
"Too expensive & too busy & rude"
Scheduled a week prior for alignment & new front tires. They didn't do the alignment or call to let me know truck needs a ball joint bc they didn't have time to do it . Quoted me $444 for it & were rude. Got another quote for $205.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 06/19/2017
Review Created: 06/21/2017 11:32 AM
Kristen C., President at Reeves Tire And Automotive responded on 06/22/2017

We appreciate your time to give us feedback on your experience at our store.  We use feedback to seek continuous improvement.  I tried to reach you by phone to speak personally with you and left a message.  Please contact me at the number left with the message as I'm very interested in discussing your concerns.  Thank you!
Kristen Cristy

Vehicle: Mercury Milan
Service Date: 06/16/2017
Review Created: 06/19/2017 03:49 PM
LORI S. on 06/08/2017
"Always fast and friendly service. "
Travis and the boys always do their best to complete even my unscheduled work on my vehicles quickly and accurately!
Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler
Service Date: 06/07/2017
Review Created: 06/08/2017 07:31 AM
GREG H. on 05/28/2017
"Fixed my tire ."
Fixed my flat tire and gave me a great estimate on a new set .
Vehicle: Dodge
Service Date: 05/27/2017
Review Created: 05/28/2017 05:05 PM
LEONARD N. on 05/12/2017
"Good people, great service."
Been doing business with Reeves for years. Great place for auto service, and tires.
Vehicle: Hyundai Veracruz