Latest Review about 1 month ago

GT
GEORGE T.
04/17/2018
Honesty
Honesty i trust Paul and BJ and they explained everything. Most people full of crap.
Customer for life.
George Temmerman

TW
TARA W.
Honda Fit
04/17/2018
Professional, honest, knowledgeable
They have always been honest and professional! I take my car there for everything now!

RK
REBECCA K.
Saint Charles, IL
04/15/2018
Reliable Auto Repair
Just took my van in for a scheduled oil change. I love that when they preform an oil change, these guys look at everything, and inform me of what kinds of things I'll need in the future! My van has almost 230,000 miles on it, and runs great. They've taken care of my van from the very beginning, and will continue to be my mechanics of choice. Thank you, Reliable guys!

MIKE W.
04/09/2018
Happy I found this place
I previously brought my car in, because I needed an oil change. I was keeping an eye out, for a trustworthy, affordable, and nearby repair shop. While there, I spoke with BJ (the manager) about some work I knew I was going to need to have done, sooner or later. I had previously gotten a quote, from another shop, and felt it was very high. He checked it out, in their estimating software (same kind most shops use, I believe), and agreed that the given quote seemed high. He was willing to work with me, and even offered another option, on how to make it more affordable. I appreciated that he didn't go for the hard sell, either. He didn't act like I had to get the work done immediately, or something terrible was going to happen. I decided to go ahead and have the work done, and we agreed on a time I could bring my car in. They gave me a free loaner car, while they were working on mine. I was expecting them to have my car, until the next day. A few hours later, I got a call, and my car was ready! I haven't had any problems with it.

I am very happy with the customer service, the quality (and speed) of work, and the pricing. I would definitely recommend these guys.

KJ
KELLY J.
Aurora, IL
Honda Civic Cpe
04/05/2018
Reliable always gets the job done right!
We have been relying on Reliable Auto Repair for several years now for repairs and maintenance to both of our cars, and they always find out what's going wrong and find a way to fix it. Thanks for your hard work!

AC
ABHIJIT C.
03/25/2018
Do not know what to think about the service anymore
So my Honda Odessey was making some weird noise.
I took to the shop and explained them. They diagnose the
problem to be leak in power steering pump and replaced it
for a total of around $900.00. When picking up the vehicle I still
found that there was the noise so I asked Paul to drive with me so I can
point out the problem. He gave me a big lecture on how it is a little old
vehicle and some noise is expected from the alternator other wise the car
is in very good state and can be taken out for a long drive to florida.
The next day I am in office downtown chicago and my wife and daughter are en route
for a doctors office and the car stops completely midway. I hurry back from office and get a
new battery and put it in the car, somehow drive to the nearest Tuffy center before the battery runs out
and find that the alternator is out. The same device that was making noise to let us know that it is not good
and Reliable Auto did not even find this. Rather they did a $900.00 worth of some work which now I do not
know if I can believe it anymore.
So really I do not know what to think of your service.
Thank you and good luck.

MIKE W.
03/09/2018
Seems like a good place
I had not heard of this place, until I happened to see a Groupon for an oil change. I happened to need an oil change, and they are nearby. So, I figured I would try it out. I had some time to speak with the owner (BJ), while I was waiting on my car. We spoke about an issue I already knew my car had. He was very helpful, honest, and provided some options, which could help me afford the repair. I will definitely be bringing my car back, to get the work done.

MIKE B.
03/01/2018
easy to schedule, great service
called for appointment and was able to get in next day at a time good for me. reasonable wait time and service was good and staff very polite.my new service place. been there four times now and its always been the same good service.
Paul M., Owner from Reliable Auto Repair responded on 03/06/2018

Thank you for the great review and thanks for letting us service your vehicle.

AH
ANDREA H.
Toyota Avalon
03/01/2018
Reliable Auto Repair
Great service at a great price. We will continue to take our vehicles there.

RP
RANDY P.
Montgomery, IL
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
02/23/2018
Only place I want my vehicle maintained at....
This team is never disappointing. Each and every time I need to bring a vehicle in, they're on it! They conduct a very professional and accurate service and are completely thorough with their inspections and explanations of what the vehicle needs. Never a wrong turn.
Paul M., Owner from Reliable Auto Repair responded on 03/06/2018

Thanks for the great review Randy.

JE
JEFF E.
Aurora, IL
02/20/2018
VERY PLEASED
They did a great job

MIKE B.
02/15/2018
Was able to schedule appointment at a time good for me. Service was complete and done in timely manner.Clean waiting facilities. Courteous staff! Now, my go to place.

RICHARD M.
Kia Sportage
02/14/2018
They live up to their name.
Friendly people. Diagnostics are right on everytime. Very professional.

BT
BRIAN T.
Honest, Straightforward, Dependable
As always, Paul and his crew did a great job diagnosing and repairing one of my vehicles. Paul is always up front, telling me what has to be done for safety reasons, what should be done for the life of the vehicle and what could be done but isn't imminently necessary. Thinking of taking your vehicle to a dealership? Unless it's under warranty, stop now and give Reliable a call!

KW
KIM W.
Sugar Grove, IL
01/17/2018
Great experience, in and out without issues
I visited Reliable on recommendation of a friend. I liked the people and the office and my minor problem was repaired, and a full inspection of my vehicle done for $50.00. When my cars battery indicator went on in the freezing cold of January, I stopped in one day, no appointment, and they were able to squeeze me in. A quick inspection said it was the alternator. Given a loaner car, they went to work and I had my car done in a couple of hours. No issues with the repair at all, and the price seemed reasonable.

So far loving the work these guys do and the people who work there are just so friendly and easy to work with. Top notch. Only 4 out of 5 starts, because I want to give it a few more visits before I can say for sure 5/5.

DONDI D.
Crystal Lake, IL
Land Rover LR2
Small Garage Feel
I was very impressed with the professional service and "small garage" feel. I will definately be using them again!

CT
Charles T.
12/29/2017
Great service at very competitive prices
Over the past few months my wife and I have had our BMW X5 And 335 in for oil changes, new brakes, a new battery and even a rodent/odor removal. Service costs were stacking up fast after our warranties expired, but Paul has been able to consitently offer significantly discounted rates compared to the dealership, and so far the work quality seems high. We very much appreciate the cost conscious approach and great service. I would highly recommend this shop.

RP
RANDY P.
Montgomery, IL
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
12/21/2017
Completely professions, honest and friendly service!
It's very refreshing to go anywhere in any service industry and get professional honest and friendly service. That's exactly what customers will find here at Reliable. I moved a little further away some years ago and out of convenience tried other mechanics. It didn't take long to get back to where real results happen. Reliable is a company with integrity and as long as I live in the area, nobody else is touching my vehicles.

JV
JOSHUA V.
Chicago, IL
Chevrolet Pickup
12/11/2017
View honest and detailed service.
Paul is very passionate about vehicles. He told me everything I needed to know about my vehicle. I will be back soon for future services. The service was also very quick. The shop is very customer friendly. I would recommend anyone to take their vehicle here.

BEN S.
Saint Charles, IL
11/13/2017
Quick and knowledgeable
Just got a synthetic change and rotation(groupon). Took about 45 min, but they did a good scan and notified me of a few potential issues. Polite and courteous.