Overall Rating 2.16667/5Overall Rating 2.16667/5rating 2.16667rating 2.16667rating 2.16667

MELANIE C.
Toyota Prius c
08/14/2018
Always excellent service
I have been coming to Robert’s for many years and their service and staff always exceed expectations. This time, my check engine light was on, and the mechanic did a very thorough check of my car while keeping me updated throughout the process. It turned out to be a minor issue, but I was confident that my car had been double checked to find any other issues. Even though he spent most of the day on my car, the charge was very reasonable because the issue was minor. I always send friend and family to Robert’s- they have a loyal customer base for good reason!
Keith B. from Robert's Auto Service responded on 08/15/2018

Thank your the awesome review, Melanie! I will share it with the crew and let them know they did a great job! Thank you for all your years of trust in us!  - Keith/Owner

VM
VINCE M.
08/05/2018
Robert's
Robert's does fantastic work with no bullshit. Highly recommended
Keith B. from Robert's Auto Service responded on 08/06/2018

Thank you Vince! - Keith/Owner

DAN G.
La Jolla, CA
07/13/2018
Simple AC Recharge
I just needed my AC compressant to be re-upped. Robert's did it well as far as I can tell...AC works like new now.

SE
STEVE E.
07/09/2018
Engine replacement and followup!
James and the rest of the crew are outstanding! They have been extremely helpful since the beginning. They were following up on an engine we had them replace and were very detailed. We know we are in good hands and will definitely be back as well as encouraging/recommending them to others. Can't go wrong a Robert's!!
Keith B. from Robert's Auto Service responded on 07/10/2018

Thank you so much, Steve, I appreciate it. James works hard at it and I'm glad you appreciate his efforts! - Keith/Owner

06/29/2018
Consistent good customer service
"The following never fails at Robert's: E.g., car done a.s.a.p. A.s.a.p. notification of car done a.s.a.p. Friendly, jovial, smiling, welcoming; never a bad hair day, as far as is revealed to me. Take the time to laugh 'n' chat w/ me about non-car topics. A.s.a.p.-done car was waiting for me at the rental car place, so I wouldn't have to make two trips to it once w/ my car and twice w/ the rental car w/ disabled individual in tow. Feel like they–Keith, James, Christian, and the technicians–are friends helping a friend–me." –Diana Baier
Keith B. from Robert's Auto Service responded on 06/30/2018

Thank you, Diana! You are so kind! - Keith/Owner

RP
ROBERT P.
06/26/2018
I just had my '98 Malibu serviced for a thorough inspection, oil change & tire rotation. I dropped it off after work and Christian had a lyft take me home and their shuttle service picked me up the next day. My car is now good to go for the summer.
Keith B. from Robert's Auto Service responded on 06/30/2018

Thank you for your continued trust in us, Robert! I appreciate it - Keith/Owner

ES
ELYSE S.
06/23/2018
AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WORKMANSHIP!!
I was looking for a good reliable auto service center in the beach area. I did hours of on-line research checking reviews of various shops. Robert’s Auto kept coming up as a 5 Star. Then I got an email from Automobile Club with their recommendations of service centers in my area that are AAA vetted and approved. Of course Roberts was listed and I made an appointment right away. I couldn’t be happier with their super friendly customer service and excellent work on my older car. They have been in business a long time and now I see why. You will love everything about Roberts Auto and I am SO happy I found them. PS- they even paid for a Lyft ride to my home while the car was serviced!!!
Keith B. from Robert's Auto Service responded on 06/26/2018

Thank you so much, Elyse. You just perfectly described what we work so hard to strive for and accomplish at Robert's. From James and Christian up front to the all the top technicians in the back, this is what we work hard for. To hear a review from you like that makes us all smile. - Keith/owner

06/08/2018
Staff is great.
I have been bring my cars to Robert's for 8 years and have always had great service. The staff is friendly and honest. I have had a Volvo and a Honda and mechanics were with the work and repairs.
Keith B. from Robert's Auto Service responded on 06/09/2018

Thank you so much, Terry! We appreciate all the years of trust in us - Keith/Owner

JACK S.
Nissan Versa
05/28/2018
My First visit to Roberts
James was great getting me set up for an oil change and tire rotation. He was also very helpful giving me advice on how to fix the cover for my passenger side mirror. I can tell from my first visit that Roberts is an honest place to do business with.
Keith B. from Robert's Auto Service responded on 05/30/2018

Thank you, Jack! James, Christian, and I have regular meetings to make sure we take care of people the way we would want to be treated! We'll always make sure to earn your trust! - Keith/owner

MEGHAN M.
05/26/2018
Thank you!!
Thank you James , Christian and team for all your help !
Keith B. from Robert's Auto Service responded on 05/30/2018

Thank you, Meghan! I'm glad James, Christian and team made you happy! We work hard at it. - Keith/Owner

05/25/2018
A couple of A's: Accommodation & Attentiveness
W/ re to Accommodation, Christian was calm, cool, and collected when he accommodated my last-minute request to bring my car in to the shop even though its day's schedule was probably full. Note that I'd discovered that my starter wouldn't start me car when I was starting to run a day's full of errands at the start of my day first-thing early in the morning.
W/ re to Attentiveness, Christian tried to do the work of arranging a rental car for me. He tried because he wasn't able to reach the rental car company via numerous phone calls. Unbeknownst to Christian, the company's phones weren't a communication option because of remodeling reasons at its office.
W/ the couple o' stress-relieving A's, Christian gets way more than just an A for effort. He gets an A++ for his usual job well done!

Volkswagen EuroVan
05/10/2018
Consistant good service.
For the second time, Robert's took on a complex repair involving hard to find parts and saw it through without going above the original estimate.
Keith B. from Robert's Auto Service responded on 05/10/2018

Thank you. Yeah this one wasn't easy but James went way above and beyond to make it happen. - Keith/Owner

PG
Paulette G.
05/07/2018
Best in the West!!!
As always, Robert's is efficient and professional.
Keith B. from Robert's Auto Service responded on 05/07/2018

Thank you, Paulette! Very kind of you! You know you have always been one of my favorites! - Keith

steve s.
Grand Junction, CO
05/07/2018
Mini Cooper
Christian Went over and above the call of duty on this one!!!!
I'm a shop owner in Colorado, we did some major work on this vehicle, had the vehicle delivered to the owner close to Robert's Auto Service, customer had a small issue with our work I contacted Christian explained to him what I needed his help with he was able to diagnosis the problem and repaired it for me Awesome shop
Steve
Keith B. from Robert's Auto Service responded on 05/07/2018

Thank you, Steve! I'm glad we  could help! I always treat other shop owners like I would want to be treated if I was in the same boat! Who knows, I may need your help someday. - Keith/Owner

05/02/2018
Interaction, helpfulness, honesty, and conscientiousness
Re to the review title w/ Christian at the front desk in particular in mind, "what makes the place so great" is as follows:
1) Interaction: Christian is nice, patient, calm, easy-going and hence a communication pleasure.
2) Helpfulness: Christian picked up the phone to pave the way for me w/ Hertz Rent-a-Car, thereby (a) doing the (preliminary) work for me and (b) enabling me to benefit from their (Robert's & Hertz) arranged discounted rate.
3) Honesty: Had Christian not informed me that water pump & component kit were under warranty, I would've been none the wiser. IOW, by not revealing the warranty, the shop could've pocketed extra money. Rather, by revealing the warranty, I kept the extra money in my pocketbook.
4) Conscientiousness: In January 2018, Christian stood his ground about Robert's continuing to work on my car until its check-engine light disappeared, albeit I tried to put off the persistence for time & money constraints. I responded in agreement to his call out of respect for his judgment & above-&-beyond determination. As a result, in March 2018, my car passed its smog check w/ flying colors first-time around. Therefore, Christian spared me double the work of having the car fail its smog check the 1st time, solving its smog check-fail problem(s) at Roberts and having the car pass its smog check the 2nd time.
Keith B. from Robert's Auto Service responded on 05/02/2018

Thank you, Diana! Christian has been a great addition to our business!! - Keith/Owner

TG
TED G.
Scion xA
04/27/2018
Great personnel, great service, everything on schedule
Although there is a dealership for my (old car) across the street, Robert's is more efficient, less expensive, so I go there.
Keith B. from Robert's Auto Service responded on 04/30/2018

Thank you so much, Ted! We appreciate it - Keith/owner

WG
WAYNE G.
Saab 9-3
04/25/2018
The Best!
Always a pleasure to have my car worked on by Robert's. Honest, friendly and helpful staff, you know your vehicle is being taken care of and the job is top notch. Robert's has been taking care of my cars since the mid nineties, proof of their quality of work!
Keith B. from Robert's Auto Service responded on 04/27/2018

One of our LONG time great customers. I can't even begin to tell you how much we all appreciate and respect you as not only a great customer, but a friend of the Robert's Family! Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Wayne! - Keith/Owner

CZ
CRAIG Z.
Carlsbad, CA
04/25/2018
Great Service, As Always at Robert's
My car has 140,000+ miles on it and it runs great. I attribute that to the high quality service I get at Robert's. Their pricing is excellent and I know I can really trust Keith, James and their team of mechanics.
Keith B. from Robert's Auto Service responded on 04/27/2018

Thank you for all the years of trust in us driving down from Carlsbad, Craig! I keep a close eye on all my fellow Tri Clubbers vehicles! Thanks for the kind words and great review - Keith/Owner

doug m.
Hyundai Accent
04/19/2018
great service! I will be back!
Very good customer service, very professional, honest, and helpful!
Keith B. from Robert's Auto Service responded on 04/27/2018

Thank you, Doug! We work hard at our customer service and professionalism. The honesty is in our core. - Keith/Owner

NG
NOOR G.
04/17/2018
Oil Change
As always, you guys were very helpful and honest.

Thank you so much, Noor! I appreciate the great review - Keith/Owner