VW
Vic W.
Lincolnshire, IL
04/18/2019
professional, knowledgeable, and on time
It is sometimes hard to find a reliable car mechanic, so when I needed transmission work done on my Avalanche, I asked for recommendations from a friend. SDR was a quite a few miles away, but was worth the travel. My confidence in this place started with the phone call to set up the appointment, they had all the right answers to my questions. When I arrived for my appointment, there was no waiting. I gave them the wrong information on my vehicle, which they spotted right away, and they had the right parts in stock, so there was no delay waiting for new parts. They pointed out a minor problem to keep an eye on in the future. The work was done on time and on budget.

Racine, WI
Buick Terraza
04/08/2019
Always impressed
I always have great things to say about SDR after I’ve been serviced. It’s what keeps me going back, even though it’s not in the county I live anymore. They truly put the customer first and stand by their word. A+ rating as always!

RD
Rozanne D.
GMC Terrain
04/04/2019
Alignment
Honest and upfront with their services

Craig C.
Ford Expedition
04/02/2019
Great service, great staff, great place
Thanks for fitting me in without an appointment and getting me back on the road.

Mary Kay W.
Volkswagen Passat
04/02/2019
The service is excellent, The staff is friendly and efficient. Very fair pricing and always alternatives offered if available. Good service well performed.

Robert M.
Chevrolet Aveo
03/30/2019
Thourough Timely Service
I came in with what I thought might be some transmission problem and they were able to find out that the problem was actually most likely related to something else. The resolution to that is still not completely decided however in finding that the transmission cooler built into the radiator was leaking transmission fluid into the coolant causing it to gunk up and coat and block lines they were able to save me from running into a situation in which my car over heated and caused even more significant damage. It's possible that this may have also been causing an issue with the car achieving and maintaining proper temperature and therefore affecting the transmissions ability to shift at certain points. Whether this solves the transmission problem or that ends up being another issue the point is they found a serious problem that could have been very costly if it had gone on much longer.

VH
Virginia H.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
03/30/2019 Category: Service
Virginia said the staff was professional, honest, up front and did great service.

LC
Luke and Erica C.
Kia Forte
03/28/2019
Personal Touch
Fast quality care with an attention to detail. All procedures are clearly laid out and costs as upfront and explained as much as is reasonable to expect.

The complimentary coffee adds to their already top notch personal skills.

A surcharge for card payment is understandable yet bothersome. More payment options in this modern day should not be unreasonable.

Oil brakes rotors calipers and tune ups are just a few visits in which my needs were met.

Larger repairs are intimidating yet necessary for vehicle lifespan. SDR Kenosha gives good guidance through such difficult repairs.

Small fixes, tiny replacements, and car health maintenance are all factors in which my needs have been met and occasionally exceeded.

Luke Christie

Nissan Maxima
03/28/2019
Trustworthy
Steve is an honest straight forward guy who does quality work. Definitely recommend SDR.

OC
Omar and Amanda C.
03/22/2019
Good service, as always
Brought in a car my wife was thinking about buying. They inspected it quickly and did a good job. They're also our go to mechanic because they've always been reliable.

LuAnn M.
03/19/2019
Another fabulous experience
I dropped off my Jeep before work and picked it up after work. Got the oul changed, the emission test done, and everything ekse checked—nothing wrong! Thank you, SDR!

Pleasant Prairie, WI
03/15/2019
Professional-Honest and Dedicated to Customer Satisfaction
Work for a multi brand new car dealership and receive a discount on service and product but choose SDR for their overall service and quality workmanship! There are not many independents left like SDR!!

GMC Acadia
03/14/2019
You get your money's worth
They completely inspected my vehicle and told me what serious conditions would need to be repaired now and what should be done in the future

Janice H.
03/07/2019
Thank you soooo much,for being there for me
You are awesome.

Corey B.
Pleasant Prairie, WI
03/06/2019
Great Experience
Brought my truck into Steve to take a look at a noise I had thought was a transmission or universal joint issue. Turned out to be something completely different, and cheaper! Before they did anything, I received a call as to exactly what the issue was and how long it would take. Got my truck back when promised and completed as requested. The guys are very easy to deal with. Very nice and extremely smart in my mind! They didn’t try to upsell like most places do. If you want to job done and done right, this is definitely the place to go!

LG
Larry and Rose G.
Chevrolet Silverado SS
03/05/2019
Owner explained everything that needed to be done and gave us a quote. Work was done very satisfied with service

KP
Kari P.
Flagstaff, AZ
03/02/2019
Best service on planet!!
Stopped in for a battery check, without warning, and was treated immediately like family!!! They were so friendly, welcoming, and willing to help a random lady from out of town out! They had my battery checked and followed up with me on solutions within minutes, then had a new battery in and on my way within the hour (despite not having one on hand). Continuing through the whole process to treat us with wonderful respect (as females with car probs), caring ,graciousness! Literally felt like family when we left. We will ONLY use SDR when in Kenosha!

DA
Don A.
Chevrolet Pickup
02/23/2019
Work done quickly
Did a good job and got it done quickly. Didn't make me buy extra parts.

VY
Victor Y.
02/14/2019
Manual transmission repair
SDR provided me with I believe to be a fair price. I usually take my Altima to the Nissan dealership but no matter what is wrong with my car I always pay at least $1,000 and don't let the door hit you on the way out. SDR are was very friendly and honest. I would definitely recommend to others.

N
N.
Ford Econoline Wagon
02/14/2019
Mystery leak fixed
Recommended by Merlyn shop when they realized leak was from transmission, they were quick to get back to me once they took a look. Repairs done immediately once part ordered and didn't attempt any up charging.