4.6

09/15/2020 Category: Service
What Happened to Going the Extra Mile?!?!
I was so happy when I brought my car in to Hyundai Southpoint the first time. They serviced my car and surprised me with a complimentary wash and vacuum. I couldn’t wait to see my car after my second scheduled service at Southpoint Hyundai. I bought the $80 full service and even approved extra services they suggested. The total ended up being $225. I was totally okay with this because of the awesome perk of the complimentary wash and vacuum. After I waited for 20 minutes to pick up my car I was disappointed to see my car was still filthy inside and out. What happened to the wash and vacuum? What happened to the above average customer experience? I guess they use the complimentary wash and vacuum to hook new customers and then follow it up with a bare minimum service every time after that. Why did I take it to the Hyundai dealership? What is the advantage if there are no perks and no elevated customer experience? I could have gone to any repair shop in South Austin for the basic, bare minimum service I received. Next time I will go somewhere else.
GERALD W. from South Point Hyundai responded on 09/17/2020

Thank you very much for your feedback. Please accept my sincerest apology for my staff not providing a 5 Star experience. It is disappointing that my advisor was not on point during interactions with you. I appreciate all your observations and I will use this information constructively as we move forward with making the necessary adjustments to ensure these concerns are addressed. Additional staff are being added and new management is in place to have immediate positive impact on the level of service that we will provide going forward. I am confident my team will provide a 5 STAR service experience on your next visit.
I have documented our discussion in your history file notes.
Thank you for speaking with this morning.

Rose B.
09/15/2020
I had an issue with my car..they informed me that it was covered under warranty & repaired it.
GERALD W. from South Point Hyundai responded on 09/16/2020

Thank you very much for taking time to respond to our survey.
If there is anything I can do to assist you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

WR
William R.
2020 Hyundai Sonata
09/14/2020 Category: Service
Ultimate satisfaction
Always ask the right questions to find the right customer
GERALD W. from South Point Hyundai responded on 09/16/2020

Cibolo, TX
Customer service.
Great customer service.
GERALD W. from South Point Hyundai responded on 09/12/2020

Thank you very much for taking time to respond to our survey. I apologize for the amount of time to complete the service on this visit. Additional staff are being added and new management is in place to have immediate positive impact on the level of service that we will provide going forward.

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
Try another dealership
I would try another dealership location and maybe you will have better luck.

First time I brought it in, I had an appointment time. They didn't look at it the car until the next day. They didn't have the necessary parts, it didn't ship out when they said it would, they had to fix a bunch of stuff. Overall, they kept the car for 4 days.

I get it back on a Friday, noticed the alignment was off. Made an appointment to bring it back in, told them I will not leave the car overnight. They didn't honor my appointment. After I checked in, waited 2 hours, they then tell me it was just assigned to a technician. In the end, it wasn't the alignment, it was the physical tires themselves causing the pulling off to one side. The solution they told me: take it back to where I got the tires, or buy new tires.
GERALD W. from South Point Hyundai responded on 09/12/2020

Thank you very much for your feedback. Please accept my sincerest apology for my staff not providing a 5 Star experience. I have reviewed your survey with your advisor. All surveys are their personal grade card and a low performance rating is reviewed to help us improve our level of service. I appreciate all your observations and I will use this information constructively as we move forward with making the necessary adjustments to ensure these concerns are addressed. Additional staff are being added and new management is in place to have immediate positive impact on the level of service that we will provide going forward. I am confident my team will provide a 5 STAR service experience on your next visit.
I would like to offer a reinspection of your Genesis with my Shop Foreman to investigate the wear on the tires. Tire wear patterns can most certainly cause a pulling to one side or the other. I would like to see if a rotation would minimize the condition provided that there is ample tread remaining on the tires. If replacement of tires is ultimately what is needed, I am happy to sell tires at our cost and install them with no labor charges. I will also provide complimentary alternate transportation for you and will valet a loaner to you and pick up your Genesis.
Please contact me at your convenience and I will make the necessary arrangements.
Thank you again for your feedback.
(512) 326-2244 x233

2020 Hyundai Sonata
Worst place ever
Had a acceleration problem was told nothing was wrong. Took my vehicle in for a week without no replacement vehicle: had to call 20 times to talk with malissa. We were told our car was ready to be picked up but when reached the service department was told car still needs to be here couple more days. Wasted 50 in Ubers because they didn’t wanna give a vehicle. When purchasing the vehicle were told we give replacement of car needs to stay. Bunch of liars working there
GERALD W. from South Point Hyundai responded on 09/12/2020

Thank you very much for taking time to respond to our survey. I have reviewed your survey with your advisor. All surveys are their personal grade card and a low performance rating is reviewed to help us improve our level of service. Our loaners are frequently all loaned out and we rely on fleet vehicles to be return in a timely manner once customers repairs have been completed. Unfortunately, that does not always happen, this created the shortage at time of your arrival. We make every effort to honor loaner commitments and to be respectful of our customers time. I apologize again for inconvenience resulting from not have a loaner available for you. I am happy to refund to you your Uber expense of $50 as gesture of Goodwill and to demonstrate our commitment to providing a 5 Star service experience to you as our valued customer.
I understand that two of your concerns could not be addressed as the conditions are intermittent and did not occur while in our possession. As I am sure you understand, intermittent conditions make it very difficult to know what component the cause of the problem is. I am happy to make arrangements with you to reinvestigate any concerns as they become more frequent or if there is any additional information that you have noticed when these issues occur that would be beneficial to help duplicate them.
Thank you again for your feedback. I will use this information constructively as we move forward with making the necessary adjustments to ensure these concerns are addressed. Please contact me at your convenience so I can verify your mailing address and process the Uber refund.
(512) 326-2244 x233

CN
Claudia N.
2020 Hyundai Palisade
09/09/2020 Category: Service
Absolutely terrible service experience
Not enough staff
Make an appt and wait 30+ min
Leave multiple voicemails inquiring about vehicle status, no calls returned
No one can explain vehicle status
Issue not fixed
TERRIBLE experience for first time Hyundai owner
GERALD W. from South Point Hyundai responded on 09/11/2020

Thank you very much for your feedback. Please accept my apology for my staff not providing a 5 Star experience and I sincerely apologize that I did not contact you after we initially spoke. I was in close contact with my Shop Foreman and Gilbert and understood that you were being kept updated. I am disappointed with the low frequency of updates and poor response to your numerous messages. I appreciate all your observations and I will use this information constructively as we move forward with making the necessary adjustments to ensure these concerns are addressed. Additional staff are being added to bring us back to our Pre-Covid staff level and new management is in place to have immediate positive impact on the level of service that we will provide going forward. I am confident my team will provide a 5 STAR service experience on your next visit.

Since repairs have not addressed the wind noise completely, I have reached out to my Hyundai Motors America factory representative and requested that a Technical Specialist be scheduled to inspect your Palisade as soon as possible. At this time HMA is in a travel lock down for all field personnel and I am hoping that restriction will be relaxed soon. Once I have a scheduled date, I will reach out to you to make arrangements to valet alternate transportation to you and work with our Technical Specialist on a final solution.

If you have any questions or if I can assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kyle, TX
2012 Hyundai Tucson
Latest visit
They’re professionals and to the point! They get it done and prices are fair! If you own a Hyundai, this is the place to go!!....

Rosemary B.
09/08/2020 Category: Service
Overall poor service. Never spoke to a manager
I will not ever return or refer anyone to this particular dealership.
Thank God theirs another dealership in the area.
Rose B
GERALD W. from South Point Hyundai responded on 09/09/2020

Thank you very much for your feedback. Please accept my sincerest apology for my staff not providing a 5 Star experience. I appreciate all your observations and I will use this information constructively as we move forward with making the necessary adjustments to ensure these concerns are addressed. Additional staff are being added and new management is in place to have immediate positive impact on the level of service that we will provide going forward. I am confident my team will provide a 5 STAR service experience on your next visit.
Thank you again for taking time out of your day to speak with.
I look forward to meeting on your next visit.

GERALD W. from South Point Hyundai responded on 09/15/2020

Thank you for taking time to visit with me yesterday during my followup.
Have a great rest of your day.

2010 Hyundai Elantra
09/08/2020 Category: Service
Dont expect any type of good service here
Took 6 hours to finish the job. The common courtesy for the people who end up waiting more than 3 hours should be providing constant check-ins and follow up so the customer knows what to expect. If I knew I would spend 6 hours there just sitting, I would have rent a car. It is very basic thing to do in customer service field and Im just very surprised that this dealership location doesnt even have any concept thats close to common sense.
GERALD W. from South Point Hyundai responded on 09/08/2020

Thank you very much for your taking time to respond to our survey. I am very disappointed that my staff were not attentive and more respectful of your time while you waited for your vehicle to be serviced. I sincerely apologize for what occurred. Additional staff are being added and new management is in place to have immediate positive impact on the level of service that we will provide going forward. I am confident my team will provide 5 STAR service on your next visit. If I can be of any assistance or you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

GERALD W. from South Point Hyundai responded on 09/10/2020

Good afternoon, I have reviewed your experience with my new Service Manager and we would like to provide you with alternate transportation during your next service visit. With changes being implemented we want to show you we can and will do better for you in the future.
Thank you for your business.

Michaela M.
Best service
Nice

VS
Vanessa S.
2019 Hyundai Accent
09/07/2020 Category: Service
Great service and friendly staff!
Everything was made cleared to me and was a piece of cake! The staff was friendly and never hesitated to make sure I was happy and safe. Great service and staff over all!
GERALD W. from South Point Hyundai responded on 09/08/2020

Thank you very much for taking time to respond to our survey. I will share your kind words with my staff.

Maricruz G.
2016 Hyundai Elantra
09/06/2020 Category: Service
Really deserve 1 star
I am only giving 5 stars because I know it will affect Tyler's pay if I didn't.
Which sucks because i really want to give them a 1 star.
The employees are over worked and not appreciated at all, talked down on by management.
GERALD W. from South Point Hyundai responded on 09/08/2020

Thank you for taking time to respond to the survey.

Diane C.
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe
09/04/2020 Category: Service
The people and the care they give individually
I woul definitely bring my car back to this dealership. Have been treated well since I walked in the door to but my Santa Fe. Everyone here cares about you and the car. Maintance is wonderful and would recommend it to anyonw
GERALD W. from South Point Hyundai responded on 09/05/2020

Thank you very much for your feedback. I apologize for me technician not having properly filled the washer fluid. I will use this information constructively as we move forward with making the necessary adjustments to ensure these concerns are addressed. Drop by at your convenience and ask for me and I will have all fluids rechecked and filled as needed.

09/04/2020 Category: Service
Good overall experience
I've been going to SPH since 2017 and overall it's a good experience. The staff are usually quite friendly, and the prices are about what you'd expect from a dealer. As usual with dealers, if you can do some maintenance (like changing out the engine and air cabin filters) yourself, you'll save a significant amount of money. But SPH mails you coupons to help with oil changes, alignment, and other maintenance costs. They are doing a good job complying with COVID-19 restrictions, and the waiting room is better than ever because of the reduced capacity (less people = less noise). Just note that sometimes this also means reduced staffing levels, which can cause delays checking in, even first thing in the morning. A nice bonus: if you arrive with one flat tire, they will check the other three just in case, and in my last visit they found another leak that was fixable.
GERALD W. from South Point Hyundai responded on 09/05/2020

Thank you very much for taking time to respond to our survey. Additional staff are being added and new management is in place to have immediate positive impact on the level of service that we will provide going forward.