South Point Hyundai

Overall Rating 4.54/5Overall Rating 4.54/5Overall Rating 4.54/5Overall Rating 4.54/5rating 4.54

Overall Rating 4.3076923/5Overall Rating 4.3076923/5Overall Rating 4.3076923/5Overall Rating 4.3076923/5rating 4.3076923
Overall Rating 1.8076923/5rating 1.8076923rating 1.8076923rating 1.8076923rating 1.8076923
Latest Review about 1 hour ago
Catherine Y. on 04/21/2018
"Glad Patricia Malmgren is back!!!!"
We are so glad that Patricia is back at South Point Hyundai. She really makes the difference. The last couple of service calls last year were very disappointing, but this last service, which was our 30,000 mile full service was fantastic and very timely. Patricia made all the difference in the world. Thank you.
Vehicle: 2014 Hyundai Elantra Gt
Service Date: 04/11/2018
Review Created: 04/21/2018 05:39 AM
Verified Customer on 04/20/2018
"Ridiculously long wait times even when appointments are set over a week in advance. "
Every time I have an appointment (scheduled at least a week in advance) the service department claims it will take multiple days for my car to be ready. No thank you.
Vehicle: 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
Review Created: 04/20/2018 06:37 PM
Megan C. at South Point Hyundai responded on 04/20/2018

I apologize that we let you down the past few times Ms. M.

We understand the stress of having your vehicle in the shop for multiple days and share the same frustrations with you. We have full staff with 30 plus bays to work in yet I feel since the other two locations are weeks behind (verses our 4 days) everyone comes to us now. It's a blessing and a curse. We are glad that we have such valued guests like you but feel horrible that we cannot get to all the vehicles as soon as they arrive.

I assure you, we are doing our absolute best to accommodate all of our guests and I hope you know how valued you are to us.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Carl H. on 04/20/2018
"see previous comments"
why
Vehicle: 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
Review Created: 04/20/2018 06:25 PM

Good evening Mr. H.

I send my utmost apologies for the experience we provided to you. Tire pressure check is part of normal multi point inspection so no matter what, we need to check tire pressures.

I will use you review to get with all of our technicians to express the importance of this process.

Thank you for your feedback and if there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Have a great weekend.

Beverly O. on 04/20/2018
"great service"
Patricia Malmgren did a great job handling my service
Vehicle: 2016 Hyundai Elantra
Review Created: 04/20/2018 03:21 PM
Megan C. at South Point Hyundai responded on 04/20/2018

Thank you for the wonderful review Ms. O.

I will be sure to show Patricia your feedback because it's people like you that mean the world to us.

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks again.

Verified Customer on 04/20/2018
" Cheerful employees make happy customers"
Everyone is always so cheerful and appear to enjoy working there. They always go above and beyond to make sure their customers are extra happy! Extra thanks to Gilbert, Ricardo, and Megan....keep up the great work!
Vehicle: 2012 Hyundai Genesis
Review Created: 04/20/2018 12:21 PM
Megan C. at South Point Hyundai responded on 04/20/2018

Awe, thank you so much for the kind words Ms. P.

We have our rough days and it's people like you that make it all worth it. Thank you and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Brandy H. on 04/20/2018
"Oil change,etc"
They did a good job on my car & serviced it right. I rather go to them as they know everything about my car than to take to another place. Also they can check for any recalls on my car & let me know.
Vehicle: 2017 Hyundai Elantra
Review Created: 04/20/2018 12:05 PM
Megan C. at South Point Hyundai responded on 04/20/2018

Thank you for the amazing review B!!

Your kind words mean so much to us and I hope you know how valued you really are.

Have a great weekend and thanks again.

Patricia H. on 04/19/2018
"Awesome experience "
Patricia is wonderful
Vehicle: 2015 Hyundai Tucson
Service Date: 04/16/2018
Review Created: 04/19/2018 07:40 PM
Mark M. at South Point Hyundai responded on 04/20/2018

Dear Ms. H,
Thank you for your review.  Patricia is a great teammate.  I am glad that you were pleased!

Mark H. Marek
Service and Parts Director
512-326-2244
mmarek@southpointauto.com
Bryan L. on 04/19/2018
"Always"
Always nice and helpful staff, the service is always quickly completed.
Review Created: 04/19/2018 12:59 PM
Megan C. at South Point Hyundai responded on 04/19/2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Mr. L.

It mean a lot to us and so do you. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Thanks again

Verified Customer on 04/19/2018
"Excellent customer service "
Everyone I’ve met in sales and customer service have been exceptionally helpful!
Vehicle: 2018 Hyundai Elantra
Service Date: 04/16/2018
Review Created: 04/19/2018 12:32 PM
Megan C. at South Point Hyundai responded on 04/19/2018

So great to hear Ms. H.

We truly appreciate you and I hope you have a wonderful upcoming weekend.

Eric A. on 04/18/2018
"No loaner vehicle"
Dealer does not or did not offer me a loaner vehicle for a warranty covered repair and also refused to compensate me for my rental.
Vehicle: 2016 Hyundai Veloster
Service Date: 04/10/2018
Review Created: 04/18/2018 11:25 AM

Good evening Mr. A,

I apologize that we didn't provide you with a five star experience. We do actually have an active 16 loaner vehicle we use for our guests that we constantly have a list for. Currently there are 8 people who are on the list. If we could have about 40 more that would be ideal however we are only allowed a certain amount.

As for the rental, Hyundai covers a portion of rental charges if there is a warrantable repair. They do not cover for days a shop is back logged nor for anything not covered by warranty. Did you go through us to get you into a rental? When people go through us, we are able to submit the portion of rentals to Hyundai for coverage. I would be more than happy to try and assist with some of that rental for you. All I would need is your rental invoice.

I will use your review as a training tool to make sure all is communicated when we get into these situations. Being busy is both a blessing and a curse. We have work, but let our guests down because we aren't able to see there vehicles right away.

I look forward to hearing from you about the rental invoice an if there is anything else I can assist with, please feel free to contact me. I am always here to help.

Have a great evening.

Verified Customer on 04/18/2018
"Need better service"
The last two visit, has not been great with service. timeframe of the service need improvement.
Vehicle: 2016 Hyundai Genesis
Review Created: 04/18/2018 07:39 AM

You are correct Mr. T,

A simple oil change should not take long at all, especially with an appointment. We take these reviews to heart and it bothers me that we let you down the past two visits. In addition to our main goal of 100% safety, is complete customer satisfaction.

The next time you need service, please make an appointment and let me know when you arrive. That way I can assure this doesn't happen again.

Please let me know if I can help in any other way and I hope you have a great rest of the week.

Lee A. on 04/18/2018
"Customer service is always excellent."
Your service team is always friendly, helpful, and professional and I appreciate it very much. I will always return to South Point Hyundai for service. Prices are reasonable and service is top-notch.
Thank you.
Vehicle: 2016 Hyundai Tucson
Review Created: 04/18/2018 07:13 AM
Megan C. at South Point Hyundai responded on 04/18/2018

Thank you so much L for the great review and comments. It means a lot to us and we are so happy you are part of our Hyundai family.

Have a great week.

Verified Customer on 04/17/2018
"New vehicle, first service, needed service again the next day"
After getting service here including tire rotation, the next evening a low pressure light came on for one of my tires and I had to go to a tire place to have my tire aired up. Why were my tires fine for 4 months and then as soon as I get service here, one of them loses pressure? Either they messed up the tire or they put a tire back on my vehicle that had low pressure.
Vehicle: 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
Review Created: 04/17/2018 11:45 PM
Megan C. at South Point Hyundai responded on 04/18/2018

Thank you for taking time to send in your feedback Ms. N.

I apologize that you had a low tire light come on right after you left our place and assure you that is not our common practice.

You are 100 percent correct in saying we should have checked your tire pressures when you were in. No matter what you bring your vehicle in for, that is part of our multi point inspection. I will make sure to address the parties necessary because our number one goal is safety for our guests.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you have a better week. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Rollie S. on 04/17/2018
"Thank you Meagan!"
Meagañ the Service Manager is greatly appreciated for her service to me and knowing me personally make things better for me. I'm not just a number thank you again!
Vehicle: 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe S
Review Created: 04/17/2018 09:50 PM

Thank you for such kind words Mrs. S,

I hope you know that you will never be just a number to us, you are part of our Hyundai family and we truly appreciate you. You mean the world to us, thank you again and I hope you have a wonderful week.

Justin B. on 04/17/2018
"Can't complete service correctly"
My recent visit really drove home what I think South Point service is about, just getting by/doing just enough but not more. I go on Thursdays to bring my wife's car for an oil change for a better price and free car wash. I arrange for transportation so I can leave it for the day so that they have time to wash it. On my recent visit, they decided to just clean my tires but not the rest of the car?

This is not at all my main complaint, as that is the inability of South Point to fix my car after at least 4 attempts now (maybe 5). The same headlight on our Santa Fe has gone out at least 4 times in the last 18 months. The first few times, South Point put a new bulb in and charged us for it despite me insisting that I should not need to buy new bulbs so often. The last time my service person had the whole lighting component replaced, which was thought to fix the issue. My wife called to make an appointment to have this looked at again and she could not get anyone to answer the phone in the service department. She was transferred to someone in the sales department, and he proceeded to keep her on the phone for nearly 15 minutes attempting to sell her a new car instead of dealing with the continued issues with her current one. He finally took "NO" for an answer and said that he would take our information back to the service department and schedule our appointment. We never heard back from anyone on our appointment, and when I finally spoke to someone in the department they did not have an appointment for us. Still don't have the headlight fixed, I'm driving to another town to discuss it with a dealership that wants to actually fix the problem and cares about customer service.
Vehicle: 2016 Hyundai Elantra
Review Created: 04/17/2018 06:12 PM
Megan C. at South Point Hyundai responded on 04/17/2018

I apologize for yours and your wifes experience Mr. B,

Our goal is not only 100% safety for our guests and staff, but also complete customer satisfaction.

I reviewed your history and am stumped slightly. It appears as though your September 27th, 2017 visit was a tail light bulb for $15.00 and June 12th, 2017 for a brake light bulb, also for $15.00. I do not see any other bulbs or headlight assemblies on your history nor any notes regarding headlight concerns. Was this done at another location by chance?

Regardless, if there is an issue that needs addressing with the headlights, we would be more than happy to help however we can. That's what we are here for. You can even ask for me so that I assure you are well taken care of. You have been a valued guest of ours for a long time time and your opinion means the world to us.

As for the wash, we do still offer a wash but now for $45.00. We used to offer a complimentary wash however too many people were upset that the hand wash took time to complete. Now with a charge, they expect it to take more time as it should. For our valued guests like you, just ask for the old wash we used to offer and we would be more than happy to assist. Especially since you drop off the vehicle, that will give us ample time and assure all is completed to our standards. All you have to do is ask.

Please let me know how I can help in any way and my apologies that we didn't provide you with a five star experience.

Have a great evening and I look forward to hearing from you about the headlight issue.

Miguel B. on 04/17/2018
"Customer Service..............THE BEST!"
The way you all take care of your customers.............Keep your customers inform, friendly!
Vehicle: 2017 Hyundai Accent
Review Created: 04/17/2018 03:52 PM

Good evening Mr. B!

What an awesome review! Thank you so much, it means a lot to us when our customers let us know when we do a good job!

As always, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Have a great week, and thanks again!!

Michelle C. on 04/17/2018
"No follow through"
Service people do not look up to see what is written in your contract.
Vehicle: 2018 Hyundai Sonata
Review Created: 04/17/2018 03:19 PM
Megan C. at South Point Hyundai responded on 04/17/2018

Good evening M,

I'm sorry to hear that we did not provide your husband with a five star experience the other day. Even though we are the same dealership (as to where your vehicle was purchased) we do not have access to the sales side of your deal. You were supposed to receive a piece of paper called a "We Owe" that helps make the service an easier process. If you didn't receive one of those, I would be more than happy to get with the salesperson for your next two services.

If you did receive that piece of paper, just show it to us your next visit and we would be more than happy to oblige. I know you say it's only $25.00 but your opinion means a lot more to us than that.

Please let me know how I can help your next visit to make it a five star experience.

Have a great week.

Grace G. on 04/17/2018
"Brody is awesome!"
Service guy Brody was very attentive and informative!
Review Created: 04/17/2018 02:19 PM

Hi Ms. G!

Thank you so much for the awesome 5 star review, and kind words!

Brodye is awesome! We are lucky to have him!

Have a great week and thank you again!

Amy B. on 04/17/2018
"Greatly satisfied. "
South Point has taken care of me year after year. I'm on my sixth Hyundai!
Review Created: 04/17/2018 02:12 PM

Good Evening Ms. B!

Thank you for the very kind words and the exceptional feedback!

We are lucky to have the best customers here at South Point!

Thank you again, and as always, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Have a great week!

Andrew D. on 04/17/2018
"Quick and courteous service"
Always a courteous welcome
Vehicle: 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe S
Review Created: 04/17/2018 01:11 PM
Mark M. at South Point Hyundai responded on 04/17/2018

Dear Mr. D,
Thank you for your review.  It is always nice to see you here.  Stop by and see us soon!

Mark H. Marek