Stacks Auto Service & Tire

Overall Rating 3.75/5Overall Rating 3.75/5Overall Rating 3.75/5rating 3.75rating 3.75

Joann D.
01/30/2019
Would never go back
Took my car there a few years ago in an emergecy , we were leaving for vacation the next day, car wad shaking on highway over 60 mph. Dropped the car at 9 am , had to call and find out if done , told me they changed a part it would be $850, didn't call to approve work, car was still shaking, took part they took off to someone else , said there was nothing wrong with the part stacks took off... would never, never recommend them, and I do advise people I know not to go there...

Joe C.
12/24/2018
Local Review
My roommate and I have been very weary of this place ever since we moved to North Babylon. For me personally, I had an issue with my battery dying. I brought my car there, spoke with TJ and they put a new battery in but they also ripped out my radio and said that was a problem. So, I have no radio in my car. Thanks for that but at least my battery was working. Then, my power steering went and my battery died again about 3 months later.

I was told it was an issue with my alternator and my battery. So, I brought my car to stacks and TJ quoted me $1,080!!! Just to put in a new alternator and battery. I thought this a ridiculous quote and they were overcharging me for “labor” to the tune of something like $475.

So, the next day I called back and asked TJ if he could do any better cause I told him I could find OEM non-remanufacured alternators online for way cheap than they were charging me. Then, he told me i could buy it and give it to them but there’s going to be a 20% fee. Why? I told TJ this and he quickly changed the price to $850. This quote isn’t horrible but I knew they were ripping me somehow and I could get a better deal. The labor cost they were charging is insanely high still.

The way they tell you they always tell you their the “honest guys” and want to try to work with you... I just don’t believe. After going from $1,080 to $850 so quickly proves that to me. So I had AAA pick up my car from Stacks to go to another place. But the driver offered their services for $785 total for everything. Plus, they gave me a 3 year warranty on everything so if anything goes wrong, I just bring it back and they’ll fix it free. Stacks did not offer this.

Thank you AAA for hooking it up. They even dropped me off back home while my car was being worked on. I dropped off my car around 2pm. They gave me a lift back home and then drove my car back to me at 7pm. Parked it in my parking spot, and it ready to roll. Also, L.I. Auto in Lindenhurst gave me a quote for $725 so if you’re looking to get an “honest” quote, get yourself a quote from LI Auto or if you have AAA, get it from them. Either way, you’ll thank me for it.

VB
Veronica B.
05/29/2018
EXTREMELY OVERPRICED... CAN DO BETTER AT THE DEALERSHIP
Was charged over $900 for front and back brakes for an 11 year old car - ridiculous... they also tried to sell us tires that we didn't need...

Jesse S.
05/01/2017
Never Again
You only make that mistake once. They cater to women and old people because they think they can take advantage of them. TJ ignored me and helped a woman that walked in after me first, manager on the phone was threatening to break some guys legs. Bad experience, they used to have a good reputation, I can see why I was advised by others to not come here.

JENNIFER C.
Jeep Cherokee
05/31/2012
AMAZING!!!
KNOWLEDGEABLE, HONEST, RELIABLE!!! DON'T GO ANYWHERE ELSE...LET STACKS TAKE CARE OF YOUR VEHICLE...

Shawn S.
05/21/2012 Category: Service
Shawn said this business did a good job.

WM
Warren M.
05/21/2012 Category: Service
Warren said they are very good, friendly, and helpful.

Madeline L.
05/21/2012 Category: Service
Madeline said they are the best. They are hospitable and willing to help with any problems she has.

Devon D.
05/19/2012 Category: Service
Devon said this business did everything she asked them to do. This business respected when she changed things and they were quick, but she would not elaborate further.

Robert S.
05/19/2012 Category: Service
Robert said they are very good, follow up on everything and they know what they're doing.

HC
Helen C.
05/17/2012 Category: Service
Helen said her husband told her the service was very good.

RITA M.
Lincoln LS
05/16/2012
Totally pissed off customer!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not happy at all. My car is now with the dealer because I got into another car accident as a result of Stacks not fixing my car properly. This is the 3rd time my brakes gave way and I hit another car. They did not do the right thing. They do not know what they are doing. My neighber also had a problem with them. They will see me as soon as I get my bill from Lincoln dealer.

MI
MARTHA/ALEX I.
05/16/2012
Love These Guys:)
Stacks provides great service and prices. They are not like other shops that try and get to spend thousands of dollars the minute you walk in. They are good, honest people that get the job done right the first time:)

Betsy M.
05/16/2012 Category: Service
Betsy said the business was friendly, reasonable, and helpful.

Coleen W.
05/12/2012 Category: Service
Coleen said the staff was friendly and helpful.

Mike M.
05/11/2012 Category: Service
Mike said he likes the service.