JAMES S.
Grimes, IA
01/17/2019
Excellent service and great people!
I continue to have great experiences both with purchasing and servicing vehicles at Stephen Automotive. Great people and excellent service. Highly recommend!

LG
LYDIA G.
West Des Moines, IA
Chevrolet Sonic
01/03/2019
Great Experience!
I always worry about getting scammed when I have car trouble. A friend recommended Stephens Automotive to me and I am so thankful that she did! They made sure I was taken care of and got the work done as quickly as they could. I will definitely be a repeat customer!

PV
Patrick V.
12/21/2018 Category: Service
Patrick said the staff provide good family service. They are professional, and reasonable. The way they explain the details, and the preventative maintenance is the key.

Jesse M.
Clive, IA
INFINITI M35
12/11/2018 Category: Service
Jesse said the service was quick. The employee did a good job and it was done the same day.

JEFF K.
12/07/2018
Review
Ad mailing listed $39.95 winter special after "fees" total cost $60.46. Misleading advertisement
Jim, Jeff & Debbie S. from Stephens Automotive Service responded on 12/08/2018

Jeff,

I am sorry that you feel this way bur if you read the disclosures on the special that you came in for the $39.95 special is the "Base" price and included "up to" 5quarts of non synthetic oil, shop fees, and taxes are additional. The price was higher because your vehicle takes over 5quarts of oil and we had to charge for some fluids since the coolant was low and we filled the washer fluid( empty) and then you have taxes. There is nothing misleading about this advertisement. I can only assume you fif not read the fine print. I do remember that your car is in need of some matience work and would be happy to offer 10% off any of that work if you do it here.

Sorry for the confusion.

JEff Stephens

Brenda M.
11/29/2018
Great service, thorough and awesome.
First time taking my geriatric vehicle to Stephens Automotive Service. I went in for an oil change. I took advantage of their oil change and tire rotation special. They found leaky shock on my vehicle and called me to notify me of the repairs needed. They ended up giving me a fantastic deal on labor!!! Definitely will be taking my vehicle back in the future.

JANE S.
Kia Sportage
11/23/2018
Thorough and transparent
Great advice and service. I have an older vehicle that needed significant maintenance work. The folks at Stephens communicated all of the issues in plain speak and kept me informed all throughout the process.

TH
Tim H.
Ames, IA
Volvo V70
11/20/2018 Category: Service
Tim said that the business had him in and on his way.

TH
THOMAS H.
11/17/2018
Integrity
I already had another company look at my vehicle and they said I needed three motor mounts. My dad asked around and said that I should get another opinion before committing to three motor mounts with only 93,000 miles on my car. I got a call two hours later telling me that I only needed 1/3 motor mounts. I was going into this place thinking I was going to pay for all three. But he called and saved me over $250 I greatly appreciate reaching out to me to notify me of everything before moving forward.

JOEL M.
11/16/2018
Ford F 150 Service
Deb,Jim and Jeff are great to work with on service of my BMW and Ford 150 !! very nice and very reliable.
Thank-You
Joel Mangold

GW
GARY W.
Ankeny, IA
11/16/2018
Service review
As always Stephens did a great job servicing my car! Done a day early, less $ than I expected and always a friendly place!!

Susan B.
11/16/2018 Category: Service
Susan said the staff took the time to explained the process from beginning to end. She stated that Jim and Debbie were great to work with.

Joe C.
Chevrolet Express Cargo Van
11/13/2018 Category: Service
Joe said the service was good and the staff did all they could to help him.

AL S.
Chevrolet Blazer
11/10/2018
OUR. BLAZER
Have you ever had car troubles? We all have, but where to take our car is the big problem. Well, problem solved ! STEPHENS AUTOMOTIVE is the place for you. Worried over whether your mechanic is going to RIP YOU OFF, charge you for something you don't need or work they didn't really do ? Well, put your worries to rest of you take it to STEPHENS. They are a family. Jim is the dad with a master's degree in automotive repair. Son Jeff is an excellent mechanic too, plus in charge of sales (yes they also sell cars and trucks). Then there is Debbie, or mom who is in charge of the office.

They do great work and if you have a time frame problem then they have loaner vehicles to make your day easier. I have used their services for years with never a problem. Highly recommend them.

GJ
George J.
Melrose, IA
Dodge Intrepid
11/09/2018 Category: Service
George said the employees are pretty thorough with service.

Jodi A.
10/31/2018 Category: Service
Jodi said the customer service, honesty, and communication were awesome. She appreciated the help provided by the staff.

COURTNEY W.
10/17/2018
Quick, professional service! We were in quite a pinch when our car had a major exhaust problem. Stephens Automotive Service came to the rescue. They provided an inspection and brought to our attention a few maintenance issues which needed taken care of for a great price! All repairs were completed within 24 hours, which reduced the inconvenience of being without our car. We feel they are honest, helpful, and friendly.

CK
CINDY K.
Clive, IA
10/15/2018
Another Positive Experience
We’ve always had a good experience at Stephens Automotive, and that didn’t change when we took my husband’s car in last week. Good, honest and caring people!

AL S.
Chevrolet Blazer
10/11/2018
ABOVE AND BEYOND
Ever have to take your car into the shop to be repaired ? We all have, but finding that right place is the difficult part ! I have found it ! Stephens Automotive is the place for you. Quality work and friendly atmosphere. And they don't rob you blind. Had to take our car into them to be fixed BEFORE the next day as I had to go into the hospital for an operation the very next day. Well, Stephens was not sure IF they could get it done in the time allowed, but they went ABOVE AND BEYOND the call of duty and got her done !!! So very appreciative !

Mr. Al Schatz

MICHAEL S.
Knoxville, IA
Toyota Tundra
10/08/2018
Knowledgeable staff.
Stephens Automotive has the ability to do complete service and repair work. I have had basic oil changes, brake work, power steering pump replaced, tuneup, tires, etc.
They can handle all repairs in a timely manner.