GD
Altoona, IA
Chevrolet Colorado
04/07/2021
Good experience
I had to get a tow to get my truck worked on. They took care of it. They called quickly with a price. They fixed it right away. All in all Avery positive experience.

TW
TONY W.
Land Rover LR2
03/31/2021
Quick service
I called the shop Monday morning as our vehicle had an antifreeze leak noticed on Sunday. That day they had the Land Rover completely done!

Johnston, IA
03/31/2021
Same Day Service
Knowledgeable staff and great prices. In and out in the same day.

SV
Stephen V.
03/28/2021
Stephens Car Tune Up Services
This was a splendid tune up for 2017 Ford Escape. It was a preventative maintenance service before it became a costly repair: The work performed was
• Stephens Automotive Car Tune-up was essentially the 39.95 Special, which included
• Cabin Air Filter removed and replaced
• Added the MOA Oil Additive
• added the 44k Fuel Additive
• Replaced fuel filter – NAPA Gold
• Inspected/replaced spark plugs
• Oil and oil filter changed
• Refilled the washer solvent
• Inspected tires for pressure and wear and
• Accomplished tires rotation and wheel alignment
Wonderfully friendly service with a free ride to and from my residence while the car was being serviced.

Thank you for a job very well done!

RV
ROBERTO V.
Urbandale, IA
03/18/2021
Very professional
Nice people and very honest

KL
KEVIN L.
Urbandale, IA
03/14/2021
Great Service!
Thank You for the inspection and oil change on my Explorer! I had no idea one of my belts was bad. Also thanks for the loaner. It helped me to get my son to his appointment.

JIM B.
Johnston, IA
03/05/2021
Another reason why I trust these guys
I took my van in for an oil change and service check. A spring cleaning. I got a very reluctant phone call telling me that there were a number of very large repairs that needed to be made. After further discussion my wife and I called back and said we didn't want to put that much into the van. Their response was "That makes perfect sense to me and I thought that would be your decision." No pressure, they even agreed with the decision. That's what I want in a auto service group. Let me know when it's time to move on from my current vehicle and buy something else.

RA
Robert A.
Newton, IA
03/01/2021
Had an oil change done here. People I spoke to were nice and they got the job done quickly. Didn’t know it at the time but the oil filter was defective so my vehicle leaked all the oil out and engine unfortunately seized. My initial thought was to blame them. We had it towed back to their shop and they inspected everything and found the cause. They walked me through the steps to get everything sorted out. They seem to be honest caring people. Would recommend to anyone.

DINA L.
Kia Forte
02/19/2021
The neighborhood friendly feeling
I felt like family right from the start all the way to the finish. Service was professional and friendly. I felt my vehicle was in good hands. The price was fair as well. Will be back and sure to recommend. Thank you Jeff and Deb and crew!

KYLE M.
Hyundai Azera
02/19/2021
Amazing place!
Myself, and my family, have been taking our vehicles to Stephens for years and years. Every time, its exact same great service, great price, and great experience! I cant recommend them more! If you have any issue with your vehicle, I highly, highly recommend you take it to Stephens!

CR
CRAIG R.
Nissan Xterra
02/12/2021
Complete Service With A Smile
As a first time user of their service department I was impressed. They were friendly and answered all my questions. The work was done when they said it would be and it was done right. I will be returning if i need more work done. The first impression is always the lasting impression and the impression i got was great!

Tim B.
02/12/2021
Safety check
Had my son's vehicle looked over and was given a good detailed inspection of the car, pointing out serious issues. The care they took gives me peace of mind on our safety with our vehicles. Greatly appreciate the customer service!

02/04/2021
Great place, fast service, super great people.
Great shop. They get you in and out in a timely manner. Super great people, competitive pricing. Definitely be back!

GF
GARY F.
West Des Moines, IA
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
02/02/2021
Customer Service and attitude of owner very poor
I was treated rudely from the fist phone call with Mr. Stephens until I picked up my daughter's car a few days later. He made derogatory comments about the previous work that had been done to the car, telling me, "the brakes probably won't make it home", after not even working on the brakes or asking me if I wanted him to look at them. Only that they "stunk up his shop so bad I had the tech pull it outside after taking it for a test drive, although he didn't get it test drive it too far because its almost out of gas". Many other condescending remarks on things he was not even looking at. Then he charges me the full amount of hours that he told me it would possibly take, and a lot of the wiring wasn't even replaced, but just taped with electrical tape.
Poor communication, poor execution, EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! Basically, here is your car, good luck making it home.
Jim, Jeff & Debbie S. from Stephens Automotive Service responded on 02/02/2021

Gary,

If telling the truth is derogatory then we are guilty as charged. Unfortunatley your daughters car was brought in for wiring issues due to some kind of animal chewing up the wiring. You asked if we could only fix the wiring to the power steering and we "DECLINED" your request because we would only do the work if we repaired all the damaged wires in the engine compartment. We had to add wiring, sodder and seal with shrink tubing then wrap with electrical tape to insure the wiring was sealed and secure. Then once the car was driveable we noticed many other items that needed attention immediatley!!!

Yes, the brakes were locking up in the rear and had brake sensors broken from a previous subpar repair (and YES the brakes did smell up the whole shop for 1 full day so we did put it back outside) also the daytime running lamps have had aluminum foil put in them so they would reflect (needed repalced) and the underside of the car was soaked with oil from a severe oil leak that was not addressed. When you were told about these things you had asked if you could have the prior repair man come to our shop and work on the vehicle in our parking lot and you were told "NO"!!!  We don't allow that to happen on our property for liability and it it is just poor business practice.

The long and short of this unfortunate situation is that you have a vehicle that is in "VERY POOR" condition and we were asked to do the bare minimum to get it running and you did not like the honesty you recieved from our shop!

And, "YES" the car was on "EMPTY" too.

Jeff Stephens

MARY W.
Dodge Nitro
01/31/2021
Stephen's Automotive Service - a place you can always count on!
I would totally recommend Stephen's Automotive!!! I appreciate their honesty and understanding of whatever issue I have taken to them. They have always been fair with their pricing and their willingness to take the time to answer questions.