Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair

ADEL W. on 02/21/2018
"The employees are so friendly "
I really appreciate the service that I get at Tallman"s Tires. The employees are so friendly they feel like family keep up the good work guys
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cobalt
Service Date: 02/20/2018
Review Created: 02/21/2018 04:51 AM
James M. at Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 02/21/2018

Thank you for the kind review adel. We truly appreciate your repeat business and look forward to seeing you again with any future needs.

VICKI D. on 02/20/2018
"Excellent service"
Once again great service and excellènt communication
Vehicle: Kia Sportage
Service Date: 02/12/2018
Review Created: 02/20/2018 06:47 AM
James M. at Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 02/20/2018

Thank you for your business Vicki. We look forward to seeing you again with any future needs.

COLLEEN T. on 02/17/2018
"Excellent service and workers"
Superior work and workers!
Vehicle: Chevrolet HHR
Service Date: 02/16/2018
Review Created: 02/17/2018 03:57 AM
James M. at Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 02/17/2018

Thank you for the kind words Colleen. We truly appreciate all of your business and look forward to seeing you again.

JAYNE C. on 02/16/2018
"Sincere and excellent attention to my vehicle."
It feels like family when you can call and get an appointment or a quick answer to a question regarding my vehicle. There is a sincerity that I feel coming from the management that is important and is present at the Tallman's on Genesee St in Utica, NY.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Passat
Service Date: 02/09/2018
Review Created: 02/16/2018 09:44 AM
James M. at Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 02/16/2018

Thank you for the kind words Jayne. We value you as a customer and look forward to assisting you with anything that my arise in the future.

JAMIE S. on 02/11/2018
"Honesty of the service crew."
They'very never tried to sell me what I didn't need. Actually sent me back to Carbone who should have found the problem when it was under warranty. They didn't but wanted to charge me $750! Called Tallman's and they did the same job for $240! They saved me from being ripped off for over $500. Quality work at a reasonable price and they didn't even originally expect to get my business! Will trust them every time over the dealership Carbone.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 01/13/2018
Review Created: 02/11/2018 03:27 PM
James M. at Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 02/12/2018

Thank you for the kind review Jamie. We are very happy to have your business here, and look forward to servicing your vehicle as needed now that it is out of warranty. We look forward to seeing you again.

BEN E. on 02/11/2018
"fast and reliable service"
Needed brakes and inspection. excellent job by the staff.
Vehicle: Hyundai Tucson
Service Date: 02/10/2018
Review Created: 02/11/2018 07:19 AM
James M. at Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 02/12/2018

Thank you for the kind words Ben. We truly appreciate your repeat business, and look forward to seeing you again with any future needs.

TONY G. on 02/09/2018
"Great Service"
as always great service at Tallman's from checking in with James to driving away satisfied Thank you
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 01/22/2018
Review Created: 02/09/2018 05:36 AM
James M. at Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 02/09/2018

Thank you for the kind words Tony. It's always a pleasure talking with you while your vehicle is getting serviced. We look forward to seeing you again with any future needs.

SAMANTHA A. on 02/09/2018
"Great experiences every time!"
The person working the front dest and answering the phone was great. I didn’t know what size tire I needed or what kind and he hooked me up with exactly what I needed in less the 5 hours. The tires are great in the snow! I have always dreaded having to call a garage for car maintinance but it is a painless experience at Tallman’s on Genesee Street.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 02/06/2018
Review Created: 02/09/2018 03:37 AM
James M. at Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 02/09/2018

Thank you for the kind words Samantha. We are always happy to assist with choosing the correct tires for your vehicle, and ensuring your feel safe and secure while driving in these harsh winter conditions. We look forward to helping you with any future needs that may arise.

YAJAIRA H. on 02/07/2018
"Tire"
Costumer service is the best part he really deserve a A+ even though he didn't tell me he was charging for my tire warranty I'm glad he changed me for it , it became berry handy after all I love coming to tallmen for when my car need tire the service is great and fast speed service at all time . Cost was not much compared to dealers the real deal is here tallmans tire.
Vehicle: Nissan Pathfinder
Service Date: 02/06/2018
Review Created: 02/07/2018 06:17 PM
James M. at Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 02/08/2018

Thank you for the kind review Yajaira. The tires you purchased come from the manufacture with a 30 day buy and try warranty to rule out any issues or apprehensions that may arise during that time. Thankfully we were able to use this warranty when we isolated your vibration to a bad tire. We are always happy to assist our customer in situations like these, and look forward to continuing doing business with you for a long time to come.

TERESA R. on 02/01/2018
"State inspection "
Called last minute as always. Was given appointment next day. Friendly staff. In an out in half an hour. 2 thumbs up.
Vehicle: Kia Sportage
Service Date: 01/31/2018
Review Created: 02/01/2018 05:00 AM
James M. at Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 02/01/2018

Thank you for the kind words Theresa. We are always happy to accommodate around your busy schedule. Thanks for the repeat business and we look forward to seeing you again.

LARRY T. on 01/30/2018
"car inspection"
Prompt, courteous and excellent service, plus no waiting. My scheduled appointment was precisely when I was serviced.
Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra
Service Date: 01/30/2018
Review Created: 01/30/2018 08:31 PM
James M. at Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 01/31/2018

Thank you for the kind review Larry, and lets not forgot your repeat business of over 20 years! We are honored to have your business for such a long time, and look forward to continuing doing business with you.

Keith L. on 01/26/2018
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Your service department states that it IA requirement to remove an expired inspection sticker. That is 100 false. Stations only do that trying to force customers to get unnecessary /unwanted repairs. Ripoff artists use this tactic"
This company uses classic ripoff artist tactics then clearly lies to there customers about it.
Service Date: 01/01/2018
Review Created: 01/26/2018 03:40 PM
Cale T. at Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 01/26/2018

Hi Keith,

According to NYS DMV Inspection Regulations, we are required as an authorized inspection station to remove the expired sticker at the start of the inspection.

We are aware of the frustration that this can cause.  However, we are bound by these regulations.

If the sticker was still valid at the time of inspection, it would have remained on the vehicle even if did not pass inspection.

Page 33 - § 79.20 Inspection procedure generally.

Section (c), Subsection (3)

"At the start of the inspection, the certified inspector shall remove or obtain any expired certificates of inspection, after being utilized for data entry, if required, and 10-day time extension certificates (form VS-1077) or temporary certificates of emissions waivers (form VS-1078) from the windshield or other location on the vehicle. Any inspection certificates or temporary certificates which are not yet expired are to be left on the vehicle until the vehicle passes inspection. (Amended 8/13/03)"

RAMONA S. on 01/24/2018
"Prompt and honest"
*****
Vehicle: Honda Odyssey
Service Date: 01/23/2018
Review Created: 01/24/2018 05:23 AM
James M. at Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 01/24/2018

Thank you for your repeat business Ramona. We look forward to seeing you again with any future needs.

BERNARD M. on 01/20/2018
"This is the only place to go for your vehicle repairs."
James Meenan the manager at Tallman's Tire on Genesee Street is fantastic. He's personable, friendly, and very professional. From the minute you walk thru the door he has a way of reassuring you that your vehicle will be done in a timely manner by his team of fantastic mechanic's. Always with a smile and a thank you.I really like this place and continue to bring my business to Tallmans. Great experience from beginning to the end. Thank you James.
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 01/18/2018
Review Created: 01/20/2018 03:53 AM
James M. at Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 01/20/2018

Thank you for the kind review Bernard. We appreciate your repeat business and look forward to seeing you again with any future needs.

PETER C. on 01/19/2018
"Fast and efficient "
I was able to get in last minute as my schedule changed because of the weather. What a relief that I did not have to waste a full day.
Vehicle: Nissan Rogue
Service Date: 01/18/2018
Review Created: 01/19/2018 03:56 AM
James M. at Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 01/19/2018

Thank you for the repeat business Peter. Its always a pleasure talking with you while your vehicle is being repaired. We look forward to seeing you next time.

COLLEEN T. on 01/16/2018
"Excellent service and workers"
Always excellent service a great team.
Vehicle: Chevrolet HHR
Service Date: 01/15/2018
Review Created: 01/16/2018 03:29 AM
James M. at Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 01/16/2018

Thank you for the kind words Colleen. We truly appreciate all of your repeat business.

CAROL T. on 01/14/2018
"Great service again!"
Very good experience again with service and work done on my Kia! They exceed my expectation every time!

Thank you James and crew!!
Vehicle: Kia Sedona
Service Date: 01/09/2018
Review Created: 01/14/2018 04:15 PM
James M. at Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 01/15/2018

Thank you for the kind review Carol. We truly appreciate your repeat business, and look forward to helping you with any issues that my come up in the future.

STEVE D. on 01/10/2018
"In and Out"
I enjoy the service and consideration I receive each time I go to Tallman's Tire. They have the best pricing on tires and they always go the extra distance.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 01/09/2018
Review Created: 01/10/2018 07:39 AM
James M. at Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 01/10/2018

Thank you for the kind words Steve. We truly appreciate your repeat business and look forward to seeing you again with any future needs.

MARY C. on 01/09/2018
"Excellent Service"
I took a chance and stopped at tallman's without an appointment as the heat in my car wasn't working properly and I needed my anti-freeze checked. Once again I was greeted by Jeff the store manager who just has a great attitude. Jeff had staff take my car right in, check my anti-freeze (which was empty), fill it, pressure check it and it was ready to go. I drove away with heat. I have always had great service at Tallman's on Genesee.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cruze
Service Date: 01/08/2018
Review Created: 01/09/2018 07:35 AM
James M. at Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 01/09/2018

Thank you for the kind words Mary. We truly appreciate your repeat business and look forward to seeing you again for any future needs.

JAMIE S. on 01/07/2018
"Honest and thorough"
Service manager was friendly and informative and service was performed in a timely manner.
Mechanic found an issue that was still under warranty. Didn't try to sell me service I didn't need.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 01/06/2018
Review Created: 01/07/2018 04:27 PM
James M. at Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 01/08/2018

Thank you for the kind words Jamie. We're very happy to see you back as we know you are a long time customer of Steve's. We look forward to seeing you again with any future needs.