4.6

THOMAS N.
Volkswagen Passat Sedan
12/11/2019
Communication
They listen to your needs,and don’t try to force you to get something done that you don’t need. give you recommendations or heads up on something that could be a problem in future,in my case a belt,they didn’t make me schedule another appointment to have it fixed,they replaced it the same time they diagnosed it,no waiting. which is nice.

Holland Patent, NY
Subaru Impreza Sedan
12/04/2019
Not sure...
Purchased a set of winter tires at Tallman's one year ago. Drove approximately 5,000 miles on them. Took them off for the summer. Returned with them yesterday to put back on and Tallman's indicated that the tires were worn. Too much so to put back on. After 5,000 miles?? These tires were not cheap.

Sold a new pair of winter tires. My husband is pissed. I hope these last much better...
Scott K. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 12/09/2019

According to our records snow tires were purchased last year for your daughters vehicle. Not the Subaru. The tires that you brought are in the scrap pile still.

RO
RHONDA O.
12/04/2019
Protection Policy
We have been to Tallmans several times over the past few years for tires for both vehicles. Always very satisfied with the service. However this last time when i got home my husband asked why i bought tge service plan for 30$. I was unaware that it was charged to our bill. We never get the service plan or protection plan. Not very hsppy about that.
Scott K. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 12/09/2019

Sorry for the mix up with the road hazard protection. If you would like it reimbursed give us a call or stop by. Thanks for your business.

Jeff D.
Remsen, NY
11/26/2019
2 weeks waiting for tires to come in!
I called Tallmans tire to get winter tires for wifes car. Orered Firestone winterforce, waited ,4 days then called back. Told back ordered. Travis talked me into Nokian winter tires. Waited 4 days, called order lost?? Just want studded tires on wifes car!! called Mavis today. Get put on friday!!!!!! Sad Miss Firestone auto car
Scott K. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 11/30/2019

Jeff,

I can understand your frustration in regards your tire order that has yet to come in. The tires are still on order and unfortunately due to the time of year(Snow Tire Season) sometimes tire orders take longer to come in. If there is anything that we at Tallmans Downtown can do for you please let us know.

Sincerely,

Tallmans Downtown

JAMES S.
11/22/2019
Great service and friendly personnel.
Felt i had to wait a long time for just to get the mounted snow tires put on.
Scott K. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 11/25/2019

We apologize for the extended wait time during your visit. We are in a very busy time and try to get everyone in and out as soon as possible.

ET
EVERETT T.
Poland, NY
11/16/2019
Very trustworthy
Always satisfied with their work
Scott K. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 11/18/2019

Thank you for the positive review! We appreciate your business.

TG
TOM G.
Rome, NY
Lincoln MKZ
11/01/2019
Good service polite reps
did what they said they would do @ fair price
Scott K. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 11/02/2019

Thank you for the positive review! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.

PH
PAUL H.
Volkswagen Tiguan
10/29/2019
Owner
Very satisfied with service, speed in getting me in for an appointment, and the guys are very friendly. Keep up the good work.
Scott K. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 11/02/2019

Thank you again Mr Heiland. We appreciate your business!

EC
ELIZABETH C.
10/29/2019
State Inspection
The service is always friendly and punctual. I've never had a bad experience here.
Scott K. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 10/29/2019

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your business!

JOE B.
10/26/2019
work was done in a timely fashion.
staff was very polite and informiative.
Scott K. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 10/26/2019

Thank you for the positive review! We appreciate your business!

Oriskany, NY
Ford Police Interceptor
10/17/2019
Good service, good price
Experienced staff, reliable service. Reasonably priced tires.
Scott K. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 10/17/2019

Thanks for the positive review. We appreciate your business.

JO
JOHN O.
Chevrolet Sonic
09/26/2019
John ODell
Excellent service, excellent feedback from mechanic
Scott K. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 10/03/2019

Thanks for the great review John! See you at the next service.

SHARON W.
Oneida, NY
09/21/2019
Always Great Service
I always have great service at Tallmans and Scott is Fabulous
Scott K. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 09/23/2019

Thank you for the great review!

09/10/2019
yearly visit
They are always courteous and do fine work.
Scott K. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 09/16/2019

Thank you for the positive review and we always appreciate your business!

CHRIS C.
Clinton, NY
Ram 1500
08/15/2019
Quick and friendly service
Had yet another great experience with Tallman’s. Got me in quickly, took care of my issue and had me on my way. Highly recommend!
Scott K. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 08/15/2019

Thank you for the great review! We look forward to seeing you at your next service! Have a great upcoming weekend!

JEFF K.
New Hartford, NY
08/09/2019
mechanic needs to follow a checklist
I came in for a routine oil change, tire rotation and NYS inspection. I dropped off and my car was done earlier than anticipated. I arrived to pick up my car and all was good until i started driving home. I heard a rattling noise that i couldn't figure out. I turned off the radio and A/C and it still remained. I continued my drive home which luckily was only five miles. the noise stops as i pulled in the driveway and shut the engine down. As soon as i get home I pop the hood to see if I see anything that stands out as it was not making this noise when i dropped it off. Whoever filled my oil never replaced the oil cap and it was sitting on the edge of the windshield. I had oil everywhere. I replaced the oil cap and returned to the garage right away. They were apologetic and cleaned the mess and topped off the oil. I've been going here for 20 years and I'll be honest this is the first problem i have ever had. that's the only reason I gave two stars instead of one. The oil techs need to follow a checklist. I was getting ready to go on a long trip and a blown engine would not have been good.
Scott K. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 08/09/2019

So sorry for the inconvenience from yesterday. We do follow a checklist when performing a service but an error was made. Again sorry for the inconvenience and have a great weekend.

Chevrolet Impala Limited
08/06/2019
excellent service
every time we take our car in for service we get good service and our cars problems are corrected. tallmans has always been our number one place to take our car for repairs. plus the servicemen are so friendly and always helpful.
Scott K. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 08/06/2019

Thank you for the kind words and a great review! We always appreciate your business and have a great week!

A1
ALEX 1.
Yorkville, NY
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Crew Vans
07/30/2019
AH
Service is great!!!
Scott K. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 07/31/2019

Thanks for the positive review! We appreciate your business.

PM
PAT M.
Marcy, NY
Chevrolet Suburban
07/20/2019
Fixed
Had a bead leak. Even though I had no extended warranty I think it should have been covered since the installation was less than 6 months old. Faulty installation.

New Hartford, NY
Dodge Caliber
07/12/2019
Great customer service.
Staff was excellent at keeping me informed about everything that needed to be repaired. Repairs were done in a timely manner.
Scott K. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 07/12/2019

Thank you for the positive review! We appreciate your business! Have a great weekend!