Tallman's Tire And Auto Repair - Herkimer

4.6

Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5

DJ
DAVID J.
Vernon, NY
Ford EXPLORER
02/26/2021
Great Emergency Service
My temperature gauge suddenly pegged 'H' while I was headed east on the Thruway on the hill just west of Herkimer. I was able to turn my engine off and coast down the hill almost almost to the exit, where I restarted and made it off. After 2 more cool-downs I was able to make it to Tallman's. They got me in quickly and confirmed a bad thermostat. The staff at the window and the mechanic showed great professionalism and excellent service and got me on the road again in just a couple of hours. I highly recommend them.

GH

Ilion, NY
Nissan TITAN
02/25/2021
Review
They always fix my issues

CA
CHARLES A.
02/23/2021
Very nice and polite
I like it there when something that is being done and if it is going to be longer than the time to be done they will explain why it is going to be longer

JOSH G.
Dodge 3500
02/22/2021
Our Go-to place
This location has gone above and beyond for us more than once. They gained our loyalty with our first visit because the manager, (I can never remember his name), spent a significant amount of time after hours trying to diagnose and fix our BMW. We can’t express how much we appreciate this location and more-so, the manager. So, whether our issue is big or small, we go to our boys at Tallman’s. Never angry, disappointed or frustrated when we leave. THANK YOU!

SA
SEAN A.
Chrysler 300 C
02/17/2021
First bad experience with them
I asked about getting my brakes done with my parts last year they told me $120 per axle. Ok no problem less than a year later there’s a new person at the desk he said now maybe around $150 per axle but wasn’t sure. That was a week ago I ordered the parts spent about $300 for what I needed went in and there’s now someone else at the desk after I set up an appointment to get the work done I ask how much would this service cost using my brakes he tells me “oh we can’t put your parts on the vehicle” I said what! I’ve alway brought my parts when having work done, why is it different now? He said we just can’t.... so just wasted my time and money for nothing. I’m not going to over pay for them to put some parts into my vehicle when i don’t know what quality they are what brand they are. I’ve always been very weary just like anyone when getting work done on a vehicle after Scott left I definitely don’t have confidence here anymore and after this they lost my business...

CG
CARY G.
Ilion, NY
Kia SOUL
02/13/2021
Professional service
A pleasure to deal with, did not have to wait long for job to be done.

CP
CHRISTINE P.
Little Falls, NY
Jeep CHEROKEE
02/12/2021
Friendly knowledgeable staff- efficient
Great place to have any needed work done on your vehicle. Rates very reasonable

SA
SUSAN A.
Hyundai Accent GS
02/11/2021
Excellent service and price
After checking prices at competitors, Tallman’s had the best prices and the service was exceptional. They were honest with no gimmicks.

I would highly recommend them.

MIKE M.

PG
Patricia G.
Salisbury Center, NY
02/01/2021
Scott was 5stars, now it's barely 2.
Our entire household- 4 vehicles and 3 adults- has been using this location for over 5 years and HAD always been very happy with the speed, pricing, customer service, and cleanliness of the waiting room. BUT at some point this fall/winter, Scott left, and ever since it has been horrible. We have been there 3-4 times since, with various cars and their owners. Bathroom and waiting room are a mess, overflowing trashcans, out of toilet paper, soap, towels for example. No communication whatsoever about vehicles. We have one STILL there from 6 days ago that was supposed to be done on Friday. They never called us, I had to call them at 3pm to find out it wasn't going to be ready until Monday. Now it's Monday and I had to call again for an ETA, the response was: let me call you back, the part still isn't here. Why could no one tell US the part was delayed so long? When Scott was there, there were never delays more than 48 hours, he seemed to have all the contacts to find parts quickly, kept customers informed of their vehicles, and kept the facilities clean. Now, what is going on? This isn't an obscure part either for a tire place, they should have no issue getting a rim for a 3yrold car.

JE
JOHN E.
Little Falls, NY
Chrysler TOWN and COUNTRY
01/29/2021
Tallman’s
I have never had any trouble with Tallman’s tire. They have always done good work. I made an appointment for 2 o’clock and the inspection wasn’t done until 10 minutes before 4 o’clock. I will continue to go there but clearly there is an issue. It was simply a state inspection which is not a long job

KD
KATHLEEN D.
Subaru OUTBACK
01/26/2021
Gets my car in right away and gets the job done
Stanley and his team are very professional and polite
They get the job done

RE
RON E.
Mazda 6 Series
01/23/2021
Inspection
I made the appoint the day before. I dropped the car and it was done in about an hour.

JOSH P.
GMC TERRAIN
01/23/2021
Stan is great!
Stan fit me into a busy schedule and helped me after I realized I was overdue for an inspection. He took the time to explain what was needed for my vehicle, and offered to help with anything else I need.
Will return because of his professionalism and friendliness. Great employee!