ReScore Reviews™ (6)
You asked me about synthetic and I told you regular oil.
This is pretty balsy of you to do this to a new customer. When I asked you about it you were unapologetic, just said that is what you recommend. You did not discus it with me, you just did it.
I came to you because of a couple of good reviews on Nextdoor.com
Tell me why I should not give you a bad review on Nextdoor.......
Hi Gretchen, I think there was just a little miscommunication. I looked into the service your vehicle received and everything is OK. The service should have been explained until you understood better what the service advisor was saying.
· First of all, the synthetic blend oil change your vehicle received can be serviced anyway you want on the next oil change (you don’t need to use a certain kind). Our synthetic/blend oil is what we call our regular oil change. The only time you shouldn’t switch back and forth is when using FULL synthetic oil.
· We have two types of engine oil at our shop; Synthetic/blend or FULL synthetic. All non-FULL synthetic oils are a form of a synthetic blend these days. Old style “conventional” is dying off and we don’t use them due to they are inferior to the new engine oils of today.
· Yes, Toyota recommends on your vehicle to change oil every 5000 miles. Manufactures are extending services out further and further. Today’s oils are better quality, engines also made better, so you can extend oil changes a little. Manufactures also want to sell a new vehicles and “extended services” is an attractive sales tool to state less maintenance is needed.
· We recommend changing the engine oil every 3000 miles for synthetic/blend and 5000 miles when using FULL synthetic. Oil is not worn out by this time BUT it does get contaminated with carbon from the engine fuels. Oil filter gets most but with tighter engine clearances and use of internal engine solenoids for variable valve timing used on today’s engines, they get plugged, slugged or sticky easily. Changing engine oil often is very cheap insurance to have your engine easily last over 300,000 miles no matter what manufacturer vehicle you drive. OIL CHANGES are the single MOST important service you can perform to your vehicle.
· $29.95 for oil and filter (up to 8 quarts) free battery test, tire rotation and digital inspection is still the best in town. $59.95 for FULL synthetic.
If you still have any unanswered questions, please call 360-833-2281, our office manager Joe and he will clarify any concerns you have.
You've got my business. Thanks again guys!