Toyota of Lake City

Overall Rating 4.3333333/5Overall Rating 4.3333333/5Overall Rating 4.3333333/5Overall Rating 4.3333333/5rating 4.3333333
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Randy K. on 12/31/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Decent experience. Great salesperson"
Recently purchased a Tacoma through the Costco car buying program. Our salesperson, Jackson Hu was very easy to work with. We had a lot of questions as we don't purchase vehicles very often and he was extremely patient and helpful in answering our questions. They did not have the exact type of Tacoma that we were looking for and Jackson went out of his way to find us what we were interested in. There was a slight issue when we went to pick up the truck but it was handled very professionally and we didn't feel any ill will from anyone we dealt with for bringing the issue up. Have had to call Jackson with questions since bringing the truck home and each time he has been very kind and patient. Would definitely recommend dealing with him.
Service Date: 12/28/2017
Review Created: 12/31/2017 03:18 PM
AL M. on 12/21/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Open and comfortable friendly and business like approach "
Great environment and a very good sales staff especially James Cui who spent a great deal time pointing out the uniqueness of the Prius Prime. James put together a very competitive deal and I bought the car that day.
Service Date: 12/14/2017
Review Created: 12/21/2017 07:10 PM
John K. on 12/04/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Excellent car buying experience"
Just bought 2018 4Runner limited throughout the Costco program. Worked with James who found a vehicle that met our needs and we purchased it with trade in all in a single trip. James and others at the dealership were knowledgeable, courteous and made the process enjoyable. Never any pressure at all. We received a great price and a few other small discounts and walked away feeling like a fair deal was made between us both. Never owned a Toyota before and am looking forward to many years of reliable performance. Thanks again to James for his professionalism.
Service Date: 12/03/2017
Review Created: 12/04/2017 04:13 PM
Seumas G. on 11/30/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Thank you George and Raad"
Last August my partner and I went car shopping and bought a 2017 RAV4 XLE Hybrid with the generous help of George Chaker and Raad Albasha. George spent all the time needed to help us reconcile what we wanted in a vehicle with the available inventory. Raad had the harder job of going over all the numbers and helping us get past the bottom-line anxiety. He got us there, though, and we are completely satisfied with the price we paid and the overall deal. George and Raad helped us make the right decision and we love our new RAV4.
Service Date: 08/19/2017
Review Created: 11/30/2017 11:11 PM
Anthony B. on 11/30/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Great and easy purchase "
I had a great and easy purchase here at Toyota of Lake City. My dealer, Jackson Hu was courteous and knowledgeable. Very good experience.
Service Date: 11/30/2017
Review Created: 11/30/2017 07:38 PM
Floricita S. on 11/18/2017
"Thank you George"
I bought a 2017 Toyota Corolla SE last week through the Costco Car Program. George Chaker helped us find the car I wanted and the whole process was very pleasant. I did not feel any pressure for their other offers and am very satisfied with my purchase. Thanks also to Chris and Shay for expediting things. I would recommend friends to do business with this dealership.
Service Date: 11/10/2017
Review Created: 11/18/2017 09:46 PM
Floricita S. on 11/15/2017
"Thank you George"
I just purchased a 2017 Corolla SE from this dealership via the Costco Auto Program. George Chakar was the sales rep who served us. He did not put any pressure on us and was very helpful in finding the car I wanted. My total experience including financing and completing the paperwork was very pleasant. I would greatly recommend others to do business with Toyota of Lake City.
Service Date: 11/10/2017
Review Created: 11/15/2017 08:47 PM
Saleem S. on 11/03/2017
"Toyota "
Isaac W, CJ and Shay were great! Bought a Camry and they all did so good
Review Created: 11/03/2017 08:11 PM
Gem B. on 10/26/2017
"Nick and Tony!"
This my lifetime car dealership!
I just purchased my third car from these guys, I continue to return for their low-pressure, friendly approach and exceptional service. I worked with Nick Wanta in sales, he actually made the car buying process fun, and helped me find exactly the right vehicle for my needs (this time it was a 2016 Jetta).
Tony Newman in finance goes the extra mile to find the best deals with the lowest rates, and takes the toile to explain the various options; I am confident that I have the warranties and coverage that are most suited to my needs.
A couple of months ago I ran out of gas near the dealership, and they sent someone with a gas can to get me going.
I can not recommend this dealership highly enough, go see these guys!
Service Date: 09/12/2017
Review Created: 10/26/2017 02:31 PM
Cole F. on 10/07/2017
"Thanks George :)"
I went through Toyota of Lake City to buy my new Tacoma, and was lucky enough to have George Chaker as my salesman. He was very professional, accommodating and helpful throughout the sales process. George made my experience at Toyota of Lake City very enjoyable, and I highly recommend him be the one who sells you your next new car!
Service Date: 09/28/2017
Review Created: 10/07/2017 12:33 AM
Denny G. on 10/01/2017
"Toyota of Lake City"
I will give them 5 stars because, while buying a car is never a positive experience for me, this time was better than most. I started the process on the internet and received an immediate reply but, of course not the price quote for which I asked. Those are secret except for MSRP. We made arrangements for a test drive and we were met by George, our sales guy, who was pleasant but mostly talked to me and not my wife. We knew we wanted a Prius v, so no persuasion was involved. They had the model we wanted on the lot, the color was agreeable, the price was OK, and we walked out of there 4 hours later with a purchase. I was exhausted, but I think that is intentional at most places. The car has met expectations. We will see how the service department performs sometime in the future.
Service Date: 09/26/2017
Review Created: 10/01/2017 08:43 PM
Boyd B. on 09/16/2017
"George Chakas "
George was my COSTCO Auto buying program rep. He did an excellent job and got me a lower price than the COSTCO listed price! I purchased a 2017 Prius IV
Service Date: 09/15/2017
Review Created: 09/16/2017 08:15 PM
Kelli B. on 09/14/2017
"Thank you George!!!"
George -

Thanks for spending time in the details and explaining everything to our family, you rock!!
Service Date: 09/10/2017
Review Created: 09/14/2017 10:47 AM
Roy M. on 08/31/2017
"Disorganized & Uninterested"
I came in to turn in my leased vehicle and was completely disregarded. As soon as the salesman found out I was not going to purchase or lease another vehicle, he seemed completely disinterested in helping and it seemed as though he wanted to just rush through the rest of the process. He did not offer any copies of the documents I signed (in retrospect, I should have requested a copy for myself). He said the final documents would be mailed out to me. As I asked if there was anything else I needed to submit or handle on my end and he was quick to assure me that it would all be handled by them.

Fast forward a few months, I get a notice from TFS and the DMV saying there's several documents that they have not yet received. When I called Lake City Toyota to inquire about my documents and the status of it being sent, without checking anything, the salesman claimed they sent it and recommended that I call the DMV and TFS back just to tell them that Toyota of Lake City did indeed sent the papers.

Needless to say, I am very frustrated with this experience and have never felt so disregarded and disrespected by this kind of lousy customer service.
Service Date: 04/29/2017
Review Created: 08/31/2017 09:38 PM
Tat L. on 08/25/2017
"Great experience"
It was a pleasant experience to buy my RAV 4 at Toyota of Lake City. The Sale Associate Jay Do helped me find the ideal car we want very patiently. He explained in details the things I need to know about that car. The price negotiation was quick and smooth. Paper works were done efficiently. Jay was very good in follow up everything. Overall, the team is a great team especially Jay is a very good salesperson
Service Date: 08/19/2017
Review Created: 08/25/2017 09:09 PM
Rotha L. on 07/28/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"seller man told us a lie on Green package services."
Asian sell man guy, was lie to me and my brother about south west green package. He told me this package cover the paint, but it didn't. Cheat customer...so bad customer service
Service Date: 09/08/2015
Review Created: 07/28/2017 09:10 AM
Julie K. on 05/30/2017
"Great Service "
I have always had excellent service at Toyota of Lake City. We've purchased 2 cars there and have been extremely happy. Saturday I had a flat tire and when I called Gabe in service he worked me right in and repaired my tire at no cost! The team is always friendly and professional. Thank you Gabe and the whole service team!!
Service Date: 05/27/2017
Review Created: 05/30/2017 09:10 PM
Daniel T. on 04/11/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Sort of discrimination "
I was the first in line to get periodical service( Sharp on time of my appointment). No one greet me or told me to wait a bit.,but a person behind me well taken care of and still wait patientlly untill one of their employee try telling the other observing what is going on ...
Service Date: 04/11/2017
Review Created: 04/11/2017 10:48 AM
Allison H. on 03/29/2017
"Toyota of Lake City"
Have mixed reviews. One car was had passenger window broken into and was able to get fast, friendly service the next day. I was relieved and impressed with the service. Later brought in a different car for an early (7:45am) service appointment. I was 2nd in line out of 5 cars at the reception desk but was seen last. Finally got a call around 2pm about a very expensive car repair related to emissions, which my car doesn't need (due to being a newer model--they didn't mention this point). Employee also forgot to follow-up on a question I asked earlier in the morning. So, mixed bag experience?
Service Date: 03/29/2017
Review Created: 03/29/2017 03:58 PM
Laura A. on 02/13/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Turning in your Lease? DO NOT listen to the dealer!!!!!"
Returning your lease for the first time? DO NOT LISTEN TO YOUR DEALER!!!

It was my first time leasing a Toyota, and I absolutely loved it. But when it came to my end of lease term, I went into the dealer to discuss options. I asked for an inspection, and they said you cannot perform one on site. However the dealer went outside and we looked at my car together. He said it was in great condition and all of the small scratches are part of normal wear and tear. I asked him about a very small windshield crack (less that 0.5 inches) and he told me not to worry, that also was normal wear and tear. He made a comment that Toyota will overlook a lot of things for returning and loyal customers... great! So I leased another one and drove away very happy with my decision.

2 weeks later, I got a bill for over $1300 for the condition of my Prius. $900 was for my small windshield crack. I tried to contest it, but turns out, I was just told false information to get into another lease agreement. I feel so manipulated! Not only did I spend my extra money to lease a new car, but now I get to pay another $1300!!!! I also have insurance with a $100 windshield deductible. If he would have been up front with me, I would have happily fixed it. If I would have known what I know now, I would have totally refinanced and purchased my original lease... and saved $1300.

So now I know..... When you are at the end of your lease, get a formal off site inspection, fix all repairs and DO NOT LISTEN to the frauds at Toyota.
Service Date: 01/16/2017