Larry G. on 12/08/2017
"Poor Service"
I took my Tundra in for a 30,000 mile service. As part of the service, the tires are to be rotated. They were not. The service also includes a break inspection. How do you check the brakes if you don't remove the tires??
So basically I paid over $250.00 for an oil change and air filters...These I haven't verified were replaced at this time and am not sure if that was done either. I took this issue up with Kerry Sawyer, the general manager. All she did was make excuses and try to brush off the issues. I'll never go here again.
Review Created: 12/08/2017 10:21 AM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 12/08/2017

Hello and thank you for your feedback.  As indicated during our conversation, our technician intentionally did not rotate your tires because they were nearly bald and best left in the positions they came in at.  This is something you confirmed as to knowing because you indicated you had already ordered a replacement set elsewhere.  We include tire rotations on our services, but will not do it if is counterproductive to the health of the vehicle.  Where we made a mistake, and I sincerely apologize, is that we failed to properly communicate that to you at the time of service. But I can assure you, the intentions on the part of the dealership were good.

Additionally, we checked with the technician, and our internal security cameras, and he absolutely did inspect the brakes on the vehicle.  Please note that you can take the tires off to check the brakes and return them to the same position without rotating them.

Because of our errors, we felt that the $20 discount we provided, in conjunction with providing you a 50% off coupon for your next oil change service, were gestures to make up for our communication error.  I apologize again you did not see them that way, but we had your best interest in mind throughout this whole service.

We appreciate all of your feedback and apologize again for our mistakes.  We actively price shop our competitors to ensure we are in line with all of our maintenance pricing and will continue to do so.  Your business is important to us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Sincerely,
Rich Conley, Service Manager

Wanda L. on 12/02/2017
"Service 2005 Corolla"
With exception of vacuuming, have always received excellent service. This is the first time I needed service that was not normal maintenance. My car was towed in. Rick texted me as soon as my car arrived along with a copy of the work order. Over the two day process he kept me informed of the progress and promptly responded to my questions. I have had my car back for four days and so far it seems to be working fine. Please keep up the good work & Thank you!
Service Date: 11/27/2017
Review Created: 12/02/2017 02:03 PM
Kerry S., President & General Manager at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 12/05/2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review, Wanda. We appreciate your business, and this is so nice to hear. We'll see you soon!

Michael G. on 12/02/2017
"Safety check "
I went in for a general safety check on a same day appointment and the service department and advisors were great. I would recommend Toyota of Puyallup to any one looking for service and sales. The dealership is honest and fair and will make sure they treat customers likewise.
Review Created: 12/02/2017 01:33 PM
Tari W. on 11/30/2017
"Buy a car from Ray"
Ray was amazing. It wasn’t the typical experience and I didn’t have the struggle I usually do. Ray was professional and great st his job. Walked out with a certified Prius and I am so happy.
Review Created: 11/30/2017 01:36 PM
Kerry S., President & General Manager at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 11/30/2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review, Tari. We're happy to hear you had such a positive experience, and we'll make sure to pass the praise on to Ray. Congrats on your new Toyota Prius!

Steve C. on 11/30/2017
"Happy customer"
I went to several dealers before TOP and Nils Mckenney did a great job presenting the truck that sold itself. Nils made me feel like he was in my team trying to get me the best deal possible. Toyota makes a great product and so far I have been happy with the service as they installed an after-market bed liner for me.
Review Created: 11/30/2017 08:43 AM

Thank you for allowing us to earn your business, Steve. We're happy to hear you had such a pleasant experience with our team, and we really appreciate you letting us know. Congrats on your new vehicle!

Diane A. on 11/29/2017
"friendly people"
I had researched a car that I wanted and ended up buying it from here. Everyone from the sales crew to the financial have been very helpful. I got Rock Chips on the way home which made me sick. They had the car back for installation of some purchased items and were to fix the rock chips: They are still there and finally they refunded us the Money we had to pay to fix them. We also did not get the Map Chip that was go come with the car and between our Salesman and 2 other people we got that installed. Throughout, they have been friendly and helpful
Service Date: 10/16/2017
Review Created: 11/29/2017 02:24 PM
Kerry S., President & General Manager at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 11/29/2017

Thank you for your valuable feedback, Diane. We're very glad to hear that our team has been helpful during your buying experience and everything after. We hope you're enjoying your new vehicle!

Stacey B. on 11/28/2017
""Simple, stree-free experience""
I recently purchased a 2017 Toyota Prius and the entire experience, from start to finish, was simple and stress-free thanks to Josh Horton!
Review Created: 11/28/2017 10:52 AM
Kerry S., President & General Manager at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 11/28/2017

Thank you for allowing us to earn your business, Stacey. We appreciate your wonderful feedback, which we'll make sure to share with Josh. Congrats on your new Toyota Prius!

Hannah B. on 11/28/2017
"Genuine people "
Monty did an awesome job explaining the entire process, giving me all of my options and took the time to listen to what I waned in a vehicle and did everything he could to give me exactly what I wanted in a reasonable price and met all of my expectations.
Review Created: 11/28/2017 10:45 AM

Thank you for your wonderful review, Hannah. We truly value your business, and we're thrilled to hear you had such a great experience with Monty. Congratulations on your new vehicle!

Lewis A W. on 11/27/2017
"TRUST"
I have trust in this dealership, Never have I had excellent service each time beginning to end. Love the cookies the Honesty, cheerful smiles and of course Fred great team work always looking for ways to improve.they take very good care of my old car will not need a new one
Review Created: 11/27/2017 09:58 PM
Kerry S., President & General Manager at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 11/27/2017

Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review, Lewis. We're glad to have you in the family!

Anthony E. on 11/27/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"30k service for 2015 Sienna"
Took my 2015 Sienna to Puyallup of Toyota for the first time. It was for a 30k service. The price was very reasonable compared to where I was taking my van for service. The other place quoted higher base price and then try to add expensive add on services (clean efi injectors, 4 wheel alignment, etc). Glad I shopped around. Happy with my service visit to Puyallup.
Review Created: 11/27/2017 07:22 PM

Thank you for your great review, Anthony. We appreciate your business!

Arnold B. on 11/27/2017
"Things happen"
1st I came in for an oil change. I requested Full synthetic. Service rep said your vehicle doesn’t call for synthetic. I said, but that’s what I use and that’s what I want. Settled that. Then once I waited for a little while, service rep comes back and says technician broke one of my center caps on my wheel. So they ordered a replacement. I’m waiting for them to call me and tell me it’s in.
Review Created: 11/27/2017 01:47 PM

Hi Arnold. Thank you for your valuable feedback. We're sorry to hear about your wheel cap, and we're glad our team is handling that for you. We hope your next visit is a 5 star experience!

Niomi Z. on 11/27/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Second Purchase from Toyota of Puyallup"
First of all, I know as a customer, once I make a purchase I can be somewhat of a pain in the ass. I apologize for the profanity, but it is the only phrase I can think of that brings a vivid enough of a reaction. I purchased my first vehicle in 2015 and my second this last week. It was a good experience, again. Mark Lucas was my sales consultant and he was very helpful and humored me while I waited. Trisha, in finance was also very helpful and went above and beyond.
Review Created: 11/27/2017 09:29 AM

Thank you for allowing us to earn your business again, Niomi. We're happy to hear everything went well, and we appreciate you letting us know. Congrats on your new vehicle!

Dave G. on 11/25/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"2012 Prius Plug-in Hybrid"
Came in for 30,000 mile service. First off when I pulled out of the parking lot I noticed the speedometer was reading in Km/hr. Was able to reset this easily on the fly since this is the second time this has happened from this dealer! When I got home noticed the plug-in hybrid would not charge. Called up the service department to see if they knew what could be wrong. They had no idea. After some searching on my own I found out that the charging timer got turned on so it was expecting to charge the car latter that evening. Turned the timer off.

Also, this 30,000 mile service was suppose to include a tire rotation and there is no evidence via the service receipt that this ever occurred.

One final note, while waiting in the lobby for the service to be completed, at least one person came in complaining that her maintenance reminder was not reset after her maintenance.

All these items though each one is minor are evidence of a service department that does not follow proper proceedures when performing maintenance on a car. I will not be returning to this location in the future.
Review Created: 11/25/2017 12:59 PM
Brian M. on 11/25/2017
"Purchase of a Toyota "
This is my seventh or eighth vehicle purchased from Jerry over the last 12 years. He is taking the time to understand my needs and done everything possible to for fill them.
Review Created: 11/25/2017 06:56 AM
D K. on 11/24/2017
"New Customer"
I was in a hurry and Josh (sales), Tricia (business manager) and the others (sorry guys, can't remember all your names) did an amazing job. I look forward to being part of the Toyota of Puyallup 'family' for years to come and hope that my future service there will be just as great.
Service Date: 11/20/2017
Review Created: 11/24/2017 07:45 PM
Kerry S., President & General Manager at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 11/24/2017

Thank you for allowing us to earn your business, DK. We're happy to hear that our team treated you like the valued custome you are. Congrats on your new vehicle!

Rich G. on 11/24/2017
"Great overall experience"
Eddie was a great help and made an exceptional effort to find what I was looking for
Service Date: 11/22/2017
Review Created: 11/24/2017 07:12 PM

Thank you for your wonderful review, Rich. We truly value your business, and we're glad to hear you had such a great experience with Eddie. Congratulations on your new vehicle!

Tracie Stone

Kayli M. on 11/21/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Service and software update 2014 4Runner"
I came in for my 40k service and wiper blades, while there asked to get a software update for my touch screen since mine hasn’t been done since 2014. I called the week before and got a price of $11 and some change but when I got to my appoint they wanted over $60! Not only was I upset about that but when I asked if they replaced my blades the service guy said yes and I went out to my car to find out they were not touched. I used to work for a company that worked with Toyota closely so I went here and was not happy.
Service Date: 11/18/2017
Review Created: 11/21/2017 08:55 PM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 11/22/2017

Hi Kayli,

Thank you for the feedback!  I'm sorry to hear this was your experience with us.  I will make sure to educate the appointment schedulers about our pricing on this - we always strive to provide clear and accurate information when scheduling.  Regarding the wipers, it looks like your Service Advisor accidentally forgot to add that to the work order.  I'm happy to make that right!  I would be happy to send you a set of wiper inserts at no charge directly to your home.  This will avoid you having to make another trip, unless you need assistance installing them.  Can you confirm that your vehicle still has the factory wiper blades on it?  If so, it will take the factory refillable wiper inserts and I can happily send them out to you.  Please just let me know on that.

I'm sorry again for the miscommunications on this visit.  I really appreciate your business and feedback and I hope to hear back from you soon.

Rich Conley

Kelly L. on 11/21/2017
"poor service"
I took my 2014 Tacoma in for regular oil change. I also asked them to lower the headlights because other drivers kept flashing their lights at me. Instead the tech adjusted the headlights so they shine much higher, I do not mind paying for work but i hate paying for work not done or mailed in. i also wrote this on your web page.
Service Date: 05/21/2017
Review Created: 11/21/2017 10:17 AM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 11/21/2017

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for reaching out to us.  Boy, that sure doesn’t sound right!  I’m sorry to hear about that!  Headlight adjustment is normally a very routine and easy process, so I’m not quite sure how it could be messed up?  My concern is that something may be broken in one of the headlight assemblies?

I’m happy to reimburse your $41.61 paid for this service and have processed this to be done and to you within the next 7-10 business days.  However, I’d also really like an opportunity to correct this issue.  I know getting here is a bit of a pain, but hopefully we can do that for you sometime when it’s convenient for you.  Again, this is a pretty routine process so my fear is that something “outside the norm” is occurring here.

I hope you’ll give us another chance.  Please accept my apologies again for the mistake.

Sincerely,

Rich Conley

Frederic J. on 11/21/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"You stepped up to the Plate"
My last purchase was an RX300 at Lexus. I anticipated less then the stellar service that I recevied there. Yet Monty and Nills gave me the same High Standard of Service that I recieved at Lexus. Even though I just wanted a commuter veh Nills pointed me to an Awsome Vehicle..I have been driving it as my Main..Thank you guys!!
Review Created: 11/21/2017 08:58 AM
Kerry S., President & General Manager at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 11/22/2017

Thank you for allowing us to earn your business, Frederic. We appreciate your wonderful review, and we're happy to hear that our team treated you like the valued customer you are. Congrats on your new vehicle!

Alicia D. on 11/20/2017
"Poor Customer Service"
I have had to bring my Scion in 4 times for the same problem. My ABS warning lights come on and off as I drive and my speedometer randomly jumps. The first two times they said it was just debris on my ABS sensor, but I had to pay over $100 each time to run diagnostics. The third time they said it was the battery and I had to pay over $100 to get that replaced. The fourth time I had to pay almost $2000 to replace my wheel bearing and ABS sensor. I have never received an apology over the fact that the service department cannot fix my car after coming in for the same problem 4 times. I've never received any sort of guarantee that if it's still not fixed, they would not charge me another diagnostic fee. I thought bringing my car into the dealership would be best, but after having to bring it in 4 times and being charged thousands of dollars with the problem still not being fixed, I would not recommend the service at this dealership.
Service Date: 11/10/2017