4.6

SL
SHARRY L.
Enumclaw, WA
01/14/2020 Category: Service
Friendly, just not very attentive.
Overall my experience was decent. The man who helped me was very kind and efficient. He got me a loaner car in no time, and I was on my way. Shortly after I left I received a text message from him saying I can text that number for updates on my car. After about 3 hours I sent a text asking if they had a general idea of how much longer my car would take. He told me he would check and get back to me. He never got back to me. I finally decided to just go back and check on things for myself. They told me it would be another 45 minutes. I was pleasantly surprised that they were done long before then. The only other thing that I didn't like, besides the lack of response to my text, is for some reason they took off my antenna and didn't bother to put it back on.

JOSHUA W.
WA
01/13/2020 Category: Service
Unclean
I was very surprised to have my vehicle returned to me after asking it to be washed and it looked like someone just sprayed it with a hoes and called it good. Customer service also didn’t vacuum the front of the vehicle at all. Service was fast and had my 30,000 mile service plus oil change done in less then an hour which leads me to feel not all services were done completely, tires weren’t routes so I’m sure there were other items left undone.
Josh R. from Toyota of Puyallup responded on 01/15/2020

Hello, thank you for providing your feedback on your recent service experience with us. Regarding the car wash, I apologize it sounds like we didn't quite reach our standards on providing a very well done wash. The vacuuming we only do upon request. If it's ever convenient for you and you have time to kill you can stop by during business hours and we can vacuum and wash your car for you.

Sincerely,

Ocean Shores, WA
Scion iA
01/01/2020 Category: Service
Still haven’t corrected issues
We like coming to Toyota of Puyallup for our scheduled maintenance. We wait in your waiting area drink your awesome coffee. The problem every time we have came in the gave never gotten the sticker right when finished that advises when next service is due. Likewise they always set the reminder for next maintenance at 5K. This is wrong because we have a 2016 Scion ia. The proper interval is 7.5K NOT 5K. Also, most of the time when we leave the tire pressure warning light comes on so we have to reset that. This last trip in was no different. Every time it happens even though we have advised each time. Obviously mgmt isn’t very on top of these issues. I would think free scheduled maintenance offer would be in order as well as getting this issue corrected. I would like to here from Toyota of Puyallup via email or mail as to why this has continued ever since we bought thus car new. Thx

KA
KAREN A.
Gig Harbor, WA
12/21/2019 Category: Service
6 month check up
I had an appointment to gave my oil changed & a ding removed from my car door. You made me come at 8 am because of the ding appointment. When you called & said my car was ready I packed up, drive from the mall to Fred Meyer to fill the gas tank . I returned & my car as not washed yet! I waited 1/2 hour! Not so happy on either end!

VJ
VERONICA J.
12/07/2019 Category: Service
Nice work but too slow
Even with an appointment for an oil change. I was given 1:15 minutes. It too 2 hours. Even when I inquired and they said just waiting for the keys. It took another 20 minutes. Too slow and not accurate timing.

Spanaway, WA
11/21/2019 Category: Sales
service good but slow
Service was good but so slow. I was so tired by the end of it all I was willing to walk away and go home with out the sale.

TP
TERRY P.
Toyota Prius Prime
11/21/2019 Category: Service
Perhaps they will do better next time.
I made an appointment to get a tire and have it installed with balancing. I arrived early for my 8:30 appointment and was told that the service would take about an hour. After the alotted time the job was still not finished. Changing a tire should not take more than an hour.

LP
LESLIE P.
Toyota Tacoma 2WD
11/01/2019 Category: Service
More communication needed
My truck was having repeated and multiple malfunctions. The Service Tech was great, expect that they did not feel that communication was necessary. The first and second time was fine. The third time I called after they had it for 2 days to see what was going on. I was then told they would be keeping it for the weekend and because the tech was off, that someone would follow up with me. Of course no one called on Monday and I finally got a call on Tuesday telling me that they were replacing a part and I could have the truck back the next day. The call dropped when I asked what part, and the lady never called me back.

While I get they didn't know what was wrong, I have a truck that cost almost $40k with less than 5000 miles it, with multiple malfunctions and they don't find it important to keep in contact with me.

The second time they had it I was traveling and could not pick it up, so the truck sat there doing nothing. The tech told me that they would try it again the day before I picked it up to see if the errors showed up again.

Honestly, my husband talked my into the Toyota truck because it was supposed to be the best. I was hesitant after purxhasing a used car there because I had a super bad car buying experience, but gave them the benefit of the doubt. I hope I don't have these continued experiences that are less than good.
Josh R. from Toyota of Puyallup responded on 11/04/2019

Hello and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent experience with our service department. A huge part of the operation of our service department is definitely keeping an open line of communication with you, being the owner of the truck. It seems we fell short on that unfortunately. I'd like to apologize that you felt a little "left in the dark" on the status of your truck. Hopefully you can see to it that we get another chance to service you and your truck because I've no doubt in my mind that on your future service needs we will be able meet that standard. Thank you.

Josh Renard
Customer Relations Manager

KG
KENNETH G.
10/31/2019 Category: Service
Frustrated
You say you are going to wash and vacuum the car but half the time there is still dirt on the outside and rarely does it ever get vacuumed. I go through the trouble of removing all my belongings and mats for no reason.

10/21/2019 Category: Service
Service consultant seemed to be in a hurry on check out. Did not go over repair order
Service ok. No one went over with me on the work order. Will make sure next time that happens.

ROBERT C.
10/09/2019 Category: Service
For the 15th time, my headlights were turned off and not left on auto.
I have asked, complained, bitched and begged that they do not mess with my headlight setting. I have called the service department and asked that my request be noted in our file, notes, whatever. I think it says “we don’t give a damn”.
Our Highlander was not vacuumed, as we expect it to be.
We are looking to purchase a new Highlander in the next few months and the decline in service over the past few years will lead us to look for another dealer.

MARGUERITE W.
09/29/2019 Category: Service
First experience
I bought my 4runner the end of July, I purchase 3 add on items, Zurich coating, 3m rock chip protect and an auto start. I waited for a few weeks to hear from TOP. Called to get my vehicle in for this install, finally got an appt. for Sept 9th. Dropped my vehicle off. Got it back and was very unhappy with the appearance of the 3m product, was not told prior to purchase what this would look like. I asked the sales department what my options were and they talked me into accepting it as it was. I was also not told how my auto start worked so I had to call to find that out. I'll just say the customer service I have received is sub par in my opinion.

SF
SHERI F.
Graham, WA
09/27/2019 Category: Service
not happy
I have owned my Rav4 2012 and had nothing but problems, I can't count how many times I had to bring it in to get something fixed on it, I believe I got a lemon. This last time I had to bring it in for the O2 censer, Doing my research on the internet found out that a lot of people have this problem with Toyotas I only have 75000 miles on my car, I believe that either it's a Toyota problem or the maker of the censer problem. I was told by one of the workers that it goes out, this is not the first Toyota that I have owned and never had this problem, This cost me 500 dollars. I am not very happy.

WR
William R.
Tacoma, WA
09/26/2019
Issue w/ first oil change
2019 Yaris XLE (iA) first oil change is due @ 7500. took in for scheduled service. while the service order stated oil change, no oil or filter, ETC were used or listed. the oil was at same level as before service... and was still dirty.

Had to spend about 4hrs taking my son to and from work and take the car back to get serviced... The work that should have been done the first time (saturday) was accomplished during my second visit Monday.

This car has different service intervals than most Toyotas. the service interval is 7.5k w/ oil and filter changed every 7.5k, instead of the 5k, & oil / filter @ 10k of others. This concerns me that the service intervals will also be incomplete in the future, getting serviced per other toyotas, not like the Yaris iA is supposed to have.

JASON S.
Eatonville, WA
Toyota Yaris Sedan
09/25/2019 Category: Sales
Easy and speedy
Thank you guys for the help, although when it was time to leave my new car has a dead battery and one of the salesman had to use the jump starter to get it going. Hopefully the battery doesn't have a shorter servie life from the dead cells.