Overall Rating 4.35/5Overall Rating 4.35/5Overall Rating 4.35/5Overall Rating 4.35/5rating 4.35

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Latest Review about 2 months ago

Kevin M.
05/21/2018
Great Overall Experience
So glad I leased my 2018 GTI from University VW. I had talked with a few other dealerships but liked how University VW made me feel valued as a customer, and I already had previous experience with their stellar Passport Service. I began working with Ahmed, but when he had an emergency he handed off the deal to A.K. The transition was seamless, and both guys were awesome to deal with. A.K. was courteous, friendly, professional, and followed through with every detail. The employees at University VW really made me feel welcome, and the whole process was painless. I ended up with the exact car I wanted and felt I got a great deal. I would highly recommend A.K. and Univeristy VW!

BJ
Brendan J.
03/28/2018
I recently brought in my Jetta to be looked at for some service issues. Michael Oldham took care of pretty much everything and knocked it out of the park with service and follow up and the whole deal. Really exceptional job.

ND
Nicole D.
03/23/2018
Work to make customers happy
Yesterday I went in for a routine oil change and within an hour of the service starting I was told that my oil pan would need to be replaced and my car was un-drivable. What was suppose to be a 1 hour service turned into me having to leave my car overnight and miss work the next day. Yesterday I felt backed into a corner because I was only being told the cost of the repair and felt like I had no option other than what the service rep and the manager were telling me. Two years ago the bolt in my oil pan was stripped and had to be replaced so I felt that since the same shop did the work 2 years ago and did the work yesterday that it was unfair that I be stuck with the bill, that one of their mechanics broke their previous fix in my car. I argued with the manager and service rep for three hours before the offered me a discount, one that would still require me to open one of their service credit cards, and a free Uber home. The encounter did not sit right with me and I felt that they were not giving me all the options or being up front about what had actually happened with my car. I felt that the longer I was there the more the story changed but the less options I had available to me. I previously wrote a negative review after the experience.

Today the same manager I spoke to reached out to me explaining that he misread the three hour discussion we had and that he wanted to set things straight. He read my negative review from the night before and sent me a message on Yelp as well. When I went in to pick up my car I got to speak to the manager and a mechanic that is a family friend. They apologized for the experience and gave me the opportunity to explain why the whole ordeal did not sit right with me. It was not the cost of the repairs, yes they were high and I'm a broke recent college grad so that stung, but it was the fact that I felt they were not taking responsibility for poor work in the past and forcing me into a corner with no options while sticking me with the bill. I thought that it was a mistake on their part that they were not owning up to. They listened to my concerns and told me that they were happy I said something because it helps them improve their customer service. They also explained to me that the fix they installed 2 years ago was temporary, not poor work on their part. They comped my bill, which was more than I could ever ask for and I did not expect or intend for that outcome. I don't know much about cars and my only goal is to drive my old, used car from point A to point B, keep it running, and have it be safe. After explaining both of our points of view I felt that I was understood better and not simply blown off as one of those customers with an attitude problem.

I really appreciate the time they took with me today and, even if the first experience was negative, when they realized it was deeper than just the cost of the repairs that was making my experience negative they did all they could to fix my trust. I bring my car there because I want to trust the work and the information I am being given is honest, not a rip off, and consistent with what should be done on the car. I have never had anyone else service my car and after today I would go back after this whole ordeal because the relationship and trust has been set straight.

ND
Nicole D.
03/22/2018
They broke it, I bought it...
I went in today for a routine oil change. Two years ago I was told that the bolt in my oil pan was stripped and they needed to fix it so oil would not leak. I paid for the service and went on my way but was warned that I should only have my oil changed at a VW Service Center because of the specialty part. No one has done any work on my car except for the service center at University VW.
Today, after having my car for an hour, I received a text saying that the "fix we installed did not hold and I would need a new oil pan." When I went in to ask follow up questions I was told that all the oil was drained out of my car, it was un-drivable, would not be ready until sometime tomorrow, and it would be $700 please before taxes. I asked to speak to the person who did the work on my car, to a specific mechanic that I know who works at this dealership, and to a manager. I was never allowed to speak to a single person who actually saw or worked on my car or the person I asked for by name. They all seemed to be busy or gone. I was told by the service rep and his manager the best they could do was remove $65 from the bill because that is what I paid two years ago for the temporary fix. I was never told two years ago that the fix was temporary. According to the service rep. the oil pan could give at anytime. To me it seems like they overtightened their specialty bolt the last time I went in and, as a consequence, the oil pan broke today when they attempted to change the oil. Before I brought in my car I did not notice any leaks, my oil light never came on, I could drive it fine, and everything seemed to be in order. The last time I brought it in they did not give me any warning about the oil pan being weak.
I argued with the service rep and a manager for 3 hours because I simply do not have the money or time to fix something a "certified service member" broke. I left with a 20% discount off the top and a free ride home. I had to take half a day off work to bring my car in and have to call in sick tomorrow since I work 20 miles from my home, they don't offer complementary rental cars, and my car is now un-drivable. I felt like at every turn they would not listen or understand my concerns and treated me like a dumb, young, female who should just be saying yes to the charge, no questions asked. At no point did they admit that their mechanic made a mistake and broke the pan. I even offered to pay for the oil change in full and the parts in full but could not pay for the labor. I was told this was not an option. I had to open a service credit card through them to pay for the repairs they caused. I was backed into a corner; they broke the part, drained the oil so I could not drive it anywhere else, and simply "could not do anything else" besides a minor discount. Right before I left they miraculously found a cheaper oil pan and increased the discount to 20%. I felt like after I had talked to them for 3 hours they simply offered me this solution because they wanted to be rid of me when it was probably in stock and an option from the beginning. I was told they wanted to make it as painless as possible, it was anything but.
I expect people to do their job especially when I am paying them for it and in my mind if you break something, you should pay for the mistake and own up to it. Never going back. I will take my chances with other places if this is the service I receive at the "specialty dealership."

Dianne H.
03/06/2018
first timer
the work that was done on my car made it feel as if i was in a new car. they did a brake flush and other things but that was the main thing at 30,000 miles. i want to thank the service person that helped me Micheal Oldman for his professionalism. He was friendly and helped me with what i need done.

LD
Lorraine D.
01/06/2018
Great, attentive, and detailed oriented staff and service.
Amazing service!!!!!!
Michael Oldman and the staff are very attentive and details, honest, timely, and will work with you with what needed to be done..... Highly recommended...
Best - Dominique

RAVEN C.
Volkswagen GTI
12/28/2017 Category: Sales
Amazing service
I have limited credit and they worked hard for me to finance my first car.

AR
ANITA R.
Redmond, WA
12/26/2017 Category: Sales
Competitive pricing, best in the neighbourhood; great service.
Chris is an excellent Internet Sales Manager, understood quickly what I'm looking for and came up with a competitive price which was best among the neighborhood dealers. The best part is no time got wasted in negotiating and reaching at the final price. He responded quickly to my email and over phone, and provided the pricing details and discount, and added a bit more to it when I visited the showroom to see the car. I never thought buying a car can be this quick, easy, and straight forward. I have purchased or leased several cars in the past, but this transaction looked smooth and stress free. Of course, I did my research prior to reaching him, and that also helped me to understand the pricing and discounts. Service remained excellent through out the purchase process and after that. I highly recommend talking to Chris (or contacting his dealership) if you are in the market for a VW car.

MA
MOHAMED KAMAL A.
12/19/2017 Category: Sales
Great Customer Service...... 100%satisfied
T Sio has been great in dealing with me. He provided an great customer experience from day 1 until the lease signature and made sure to do aome follow ups including sending me the picture of my car.

T you rock brother :)

AJ
ALEXANDRIA J.
Stanwood, WA
Volkswagen Jetta
12/18/2017 Category: Sales
Professional shopper gets a new car
Shopping is my profession so when I came to UW VW and had Alex as my sales person I never had a better, faster, easier shopping experience then I have when I walk into shoes at Nordstrom 😀 thank you Alex!!

MARJORIE B.
Volkswagen Rabbit
Awesome experience
Needed a used car. Alex set me up. Very professional and easy to work with.

SARAH H.
Volkswagen Golf
12/18/2017 Category: Sales
Great price and responsive salesperson
By far, you had the best price on the VW Golf. Also, from my first call to the end of the sale, Stephanie was very responsive by phone and text and I appreciated that, especially since I was moving fast. She was great showing me the features of the car and has excellent follow-up, so the good customer service didn't end with the sale!

NP

Fast and truthful

RP
RODNEY P.
12/16/2017 Category: Sales
Good service and fast and honest
Honest and fast

EK
ERIN K.
12/16/2017 Category: Sales
Excellent experience
I had the best car leasing experience with Chris Dalke at University VW. I believe customer service is one of the most important qualities in a company, and clearly, University VW does as well.
I am a customer for life, now, and will always refer friends and family here.

RA
Richard A.
Everett, WA
12/16/2017
You can't get better empathy towards customers elsewhere in the Pacific Northwest
This is probably the best car dealership in the Pacific Northwest by a mile. The managers (Larry and Chris) have the best I have work with when I purchased 2 of my vehicles in the past year. They went above and beyond in giving me the best discounts on the vehicles I bought. Plus I even got a free loaner car from them when I did not have a car for a couple of days.

A.K. and Kenneth were also amazing, A.K for my Atlas, Kenneth for my Passat. Honestly, I have heard a lot of bad stories about car sales people, and I have even experienced some myself. With these 2, I feel like I was having a conversation with a close friend. They sold cars to me without any pressure and they fulfilled their promise of giving me the best deal. On several occasions, I have gone to other VW dealerships to do a price comparison and I can tell you, you pay on average $1000 to $4000 below the best deals offered by other dealerships (No kidding)

Thank you so much Larry, Chris, A.K and Kenneth for making my car buying experience so easy.

XG
XIAOLONG G.
Volkswagen Beetle
12/15/2017 Category: Sales
nice place lovely people
the sales person was nice and helpful,service was very good!

ROBERT C.
12/15/2017 Category: Sales
Great car-buying experience.
Ryan at University Volkswagen was great to work with when I went in looking for a new Alltrack.

HS
HELEN S.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
12/13/2017 Category: Sales
AK was willing to help get the deal we wanted and went to bat for us. Said he would take care of us and he kept his promise!
AK answered all of our questions and was willing to stay extra late for us to make sure we got the car and deal we wanted. They were willing to work with us and I feel safe in my new car. I love my new GLI! Also when we got into signing all the papers, they were not pushy with us not wanting to buy the extra packages. I always hate that part, but he said his speech and then let it go after we decided not to take the extended stuff. Love that!