ES
ELIZABETH S.
Honda Fit
02/21/2020
Appreciate quick service and honoring initial price quote. Definitely will recommend!

DA
DYLAN A.
Honda Civic Coupe
02/21/2020
Great service! Everyone was so nice. The people at the front desk when I walked in. My CC wasn’t scanning and the girl was so patient. To the guy who filled out that visa gift card form for me...THANK YOU!

Everything was excellent

AD
ANNA D.
Mercedes-Benz GL
02/19/2020
Quick professional service
Very quick and professional service. Super friendly staff! Thank you!

JENSSEN C.
Toyota Yaris
02/12/2020
Have to repair brand new brakes
I recently got my brakes repaired here. Less than two months later, I was told my brakes need to be cleaned and adjusted. This service should be covered given the fact that so little time has past since getting new brakes. The customer service is impeccable; however, I do not trust the actual automotive work done on my vehicle.
Frank G. from Wells Automotive Service responded on 02/12/2020

Thank you for your feedback concerning your brakes. Though it is true we only recommended the rear brakes to be cleaned and adjusted, not replaced, we will gladly clean and adjust the rear brakes at no charge. Rear brakes being brake shoes need adjustment periodically especially since you use your vehicle as an URBER driver. This puts your vehicle under the category of " severe driving' even though brakes were replaced two months ago. That being said, we will gladly adjust the brakes again as a customer courtesy. Please revise your review to reflect the facts. We are more than happy to make you a happy customer again.

KO
KELLY O.
02/10/2020
Patience and kindness
They had to deliver bad news and were patient with my questions and calls. Very transparent about the work and costs.

CARRIE H.
Winnetka, IL
Jaguar XJ
02/06/2020
Honest service
My brother has used Wells Automotive for years. My car was diagnosed by the dealership I have gone to for years to have needed $20,000 of work. When I took it to Frank for a second opinion he checked and tested and found no such problem. It did need work but only about 25% of the other estimate. A very satisfied customer. I appreciate the honesty and good service. I will be back. Thank you.

SR
STEVE R.
02/05/2020
People, service, way of doing business, good philosophy!
If your vehicle and your wallet and your peace of mind are important to you, then trust your repair business to Wells Automotive, it is well placed! They earn it every time.

MA
MOE A.
02/03/2020
Great place .
Excellent service, honest and friendly staff .

YG
YOLANDA G.
Nissan Rogue
01/30/2020
Customer Service
Let's start off by saying how great Frank and his whole team is. I've been to many repair shops but when you bring your vehicle to Wells Automotive you leave knowing you will receive the best customer care for your vehicle. Thanks Frank for all you do to make sure your customers vehicals are very well taken care of.

Cadillac SRX
01/25/2020
Too many add ons
I needed an oil change, brakes and front struts. Not the $2800 in flushes (brake, cooling, power steering, transmission, fuel injection), throttle cleaner, rodent deterrent, and new tires that were recommended. Did not agree that the 4 year old tires that are parked indoors were dry rotted with minimal tread left. I would have replaced the struts but lost my trust on this visit.
Frank G. from Wells Automotive Service responded on 01/25/2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are going to email you an inspection report that probably was or was not given to you before on your last visit. Please see that your front tires were at 2/32 and 3/32 thread life left. Your rear tires were at 5/32s thread left. A new tire has 10/32s of thread on it.  This is a safety concern that must be address to you so you can make an informed decision as to how to address your tire replacement. The tires were not just dry rotted but measured with a thread dept gauge that we would be more than happy to revisit the tire inspection personally with you again. The add on's are preventative maintenance and are as important as changing oil on a vehicle. As was noted, the struts being worn have caused your tires to wear out thread wise, and dry rotting occurs naturely in time, being your tires are 4 years old. We would love to discuss this further with you, so please contact me at 312-943-5720. Please keep in mind if we fail to tell you any concerns on any customers vehicle, we do a great disservice to the customer if customer breaks down on the highway after visiting our shop and were not informed.

JAMES M.
01/22/2020
Good call
My car broke down and needed to be towed. I looked online for a nearby repair shop and found Wells Auto. The tow truck driver who arrived was courteous, friendly, and professional. The mechanic at the shop communicated the problem with the car and the expected cost to me the very next morning. Work was done quickly and I picked up my repaired, washed car the next day. Very pleased with the service and would not hesitate to return for any future repairs.

MARK R.
01/20/2020
They did what they said they were going to do for a competitive price. Sounds simple but hard to find these days
It was just an oil change but they got me in on the day I wanted and the cost was reasonable.

The shop was clean professional and I could tell they had their act together

Nissan Kicks
01/19/2020
They are so helpful and professional

JY
JENNIFER Y.
Subaru BRZ
01/15/2020
New Local Mechanic found
I haven't found a trustworthy mechanic since moving to Chicago 5 years ago, but now I have! Frank gave honest feedback and took my needs as the customer into consideration first and foremost and offered to help above and beyond a typical private mechanic would. I am extremely happy with his service and highly highly recommend!

TO
TODD O.
Edwardsville, IL
01/15/2020
Outstanding!
Simply outstanding. Attentive. Caring. Fair.

I was in Chicago from out of town. Vehicle broke down and I was rescued by AAA. While troubleshooting, the truck fired right up. Frank got me back on the road for no charge.