08/02/2020
Didn’t put my vehicle back together properly.
Broke down less than 3 miles after driving it home. Did not put the vehicle back together. A part fell off the vehicle, and had to have to towed back. Will update My review when I can contact them to fix this.
Frank G. from Wells Automotive Service responded on 08/06/2020

Glad we were able to resolve your complaint in a timely manner. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

RK
ROSE LEE K.
07/29/2020
Service, knowledge of problem
I am very happy with Wells St auto, knowledge of problem and good work.
Very happy with service and care for my car, recommend highly!

07/28/2020
Very accommodating
Very accommodating. Didn't fix what wasn't broken and fixed what was. In a short period of time and then because of a medical problem with my husband, delivered the car back to me at no charge.

CHARLES M.
Mitsubishi Endeavor
07/22/2020
Very responsive
Wells was a solid experience overall. They were helpful in getting my car towed on a Saturday night breakdown and then very quick to look into the car and update me with a summary and repair quote. The quote was a little higher than expected but they worked with me to find the best solution. Frank is clearly a busy guy but he gets to the point and answers your questions.

DON S.
Hyundai Genesis
07/22/2020
Good Service Oil Change
I was able to schedule my appointment by phone the day before with Frank, the owner. Left the car the next day and the technician who checked me was courteous. They sprayed the interior before and after the service. I left the car and Frank called me a couple hours later describing recommended work. While I will defer that work for now, I appreciated the heads up which seemed legit and not excessive. I later than received a text message saying the car was ready. Went back to pick up the car and waited for a few minutes for the disinfection process which was good. They did charge $30 for the before and after disinfection, which I didn't find excessive in these times, but it wasn't disclosed to me beforehand.

JACQUELINE G.
07/21/2020
Helped someone in distress with minimum of delay
Only positive comments. Place clean attitude very positive worked efficiently

RE
RACHEL E.
Toyota Yaris
07/20/2020
Will only take my car to Wells
I trust Wells automotive to do quality work, and only the work that is needed. I have had only good experiences in taking my car here for over eight years.

MARCIA W.
07/18/2020
Having gone to Wells Automotive Service for more than twenty years, I can highly recommend
their work ethic--honest and knowledgeable..

PL
PAUL L.
INFINITI G35 Coupe
07/14/2020
Always good
Always a full rundown of what’s recommended and what’s critical. Excellent work and no surprises.

Mercedes-Benz ML350
07/09/2020
Longtime customer is happy!
Frank is very clear on which maintenance items need to be done, and which items can be deferred. Very helpful when you're on a budget. The work has always been done well, at rates below the dealership. Also on time, and very convenient for the Old Town residents. Highly recommended!

REBECCA M.
Bourbonnais, IL
Acura TLX
07/06/2020
2020 Acura.
I was able to maintain constant communication with Frank all during the wait for the tow by AAa and through the next day when the work was complete - new tire. Appreciated the car was, too!

PF
PAT F.
Acura RDX
06/30/2020
Quality Repair Job
Needed to replace rear brakes on midsize SUV. They were able to take care of it and have my car back to me by the next day. They did excellent work and were communicative throughout.

HA
HENRY A.
06/29/2020
CONSISTENTLY RELIABLE SERVICE
Brought my 2006 Audi A4 Convertible to Frank because AC would not turn on. Thought I would need a new compressor, etc. Turned out the problem was a defective AC High Pressure switch. Wells replaced the switch and recharged AC with new freon. Also had an oil change, check brakes for squealing (under warranty) and replaced cabin filter while in the shop. Cost for all the work was under $1500. My Audi now drives well and the cabin is cool. And I know if I have any issues with the service, Wells will check out the vehicle at their expense, since they warrant what they service.

SN
SUSAN N.
Honda Fit
06/25/2020
Great Service in an Emergency
My car would not start after sitting for 6 months due to the covid-19 lockdown. I jumped it, but after running for a while it would not restart. I contacted Wells automotive service and Frank was able to take the car right away. He not only fixed the problem (it needed a new battery), but also included a list of items that need fixing on the car. No hard sell to fix items and I chose to have some of the work done, but not all. He included a list of all items that need repair so I can repair them as I have funds and time. Everyone was very professional and friendly. There is a special cleaning for covid that reduces possible car contamination. It's not fun to have a car that is not running, but Wells Automotive fixed my problem within a day.

PM
PAUL M.
06/18/2020
Friendly and efficient service.
Over the years, I have come to expect extremely friendly and efficient service and I was not disappointed. In particular, Frank and others always take the time to explain what needs to be done and why.