Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5rating 4.7500025
Overall Rating 1.9999975/5rating 1.9999975rating 1.9999975rating 1.9999975rating 1.9999975

Chevrolet Traverse
04/18/2019
Great Job As Always
Bigger job this time. New shocks and struts along with regular service. No problems. These guys really have their act together.

Jeep Liberty
04/17/2019
Friendly, honest and efficient
I trust this shop with my Jeep. They are always friendly and offer great customer service. They are efficient and provide complementary shuttle service. Most of all they are honest.

BL
Brad L.
04/13/2019
great service
Fast and friendly service

Mike C.
04/12/2019
Overall Great Service
I needed the 60,000 mile service for my Subaru Forester. The staff clearly explained they would diagnose the car in conjunction with the factory recommended services. They called me in the morning with their recommendations and followed up with me in the afternoon to provide a status update.

The shuttle service is very much appreciated.

FH
Frances H.
Boulevard, CA
04/06/2019
Great regular maintenance!
Even though I think your e-mail reminders are a bit excessive, I certainly appreciate the excellent customer service. You even filled my windshield wiper fluid! (Darn butterflies!) Will keep coming back!

03/31/2019
Get a Second and Third Opinion
The only good thing I can say is that were pleasant people. I had a 40-point free AAA inspection of my vehicle which is 10 years old but only has 44,000 miles on it. Overall, my car's "health" was in the green with all points passed, but 8 points non-urgent. With that being said, the total "repair" bill would be $2,595.09!!! I was stunned but kept my composure. After I left this establishment, I went by my regular auto repair shop and spoke with the owner. He didn't agree with many of the things that were flagged, and said my car probably needs a 30K checkup which will cover those items and cost under $400. Yesterday I bought 4 new tires and that shop did an alignment check before installing the tires. My alignment was fine and the shocks/struts were also fine. I appreciate these last two establishments being so honest. I will never go to West El Cajon Automotive and Transmission again.
Brian B. from West El Cajon Automotive & Transmission responded on 04/01/2019

I wanted to reach out and let you I am sorry that we apparently did not explain the recommended services properly and why we recommended them. This is truly our fault and we apologize. We always strive to make sure that our customers understand preventative maintenance is just that and sometimes we miss the mark, I do apologize. All though your vehicle has only 44,000 miles the inspection revealed the coolant and other fluids such as brake fluid, power steering fluid had never been changed. These items were recommended on preventative maintenance as these fluids are 10 years old. Fluids break down such as coolant and the lubrication principles fail along with becoming acidic and effecting components in the engine causing Gasket and other failures. The same is true with all other fluids on the vehicle including your power steering fluid which was Black in color. Please understand we recommend these services to extend the life of your vehicle and reduce costly repairs. Struts were also recommended as the suspension was Weak on one side allowing excessive tire wear on the passenger tires, Anytime suspension work is performed and alignment is necessary. I am more than happy to discuss your concerns directly with you anytime as your complete satisfaction is our number one importance. Please feel free to reach out to me directly anytime. Brian Bowersock 760-741-0071

GB
Glenn B.
Lexus LS 400
03/29/2019
They found a discontinued catalytic converter.
Replacing the catalytic converter is expensive especially when it is for a 1996 Lexus that has been discontinued.

Tim B.
03/28/2019
Good people good service
Prompt return of service inquiry. Great personal service and great workmanship. Electronic service inspection results text, nice touch! Very happy first visit

NJ

John M.
Jeep Cherokee
03/23/2019
Jeep Cherokee —service,maintenance
I had purchased a Cherokee on craigslist and brought it in to Chris at west El Cajon ,,,they did a complete inspection and were able to get the Jeep running perfectly ,,1996 Jeep had a few problems,,oil leak,,electric,A/C,transmission etc.—i will for sure be using them in the future

03/17/2019
Underwriter Frank.
Frank IS Customer Service. Without Question.

03/12/2019
Great service, friendly, and welcoming.
Appreciated the service and explanation of items needing attention with my vehicle. Time involved to service my car exceptional .

TA
Tyzaun A.
Volvo S40
03/06/2019
They make your car an yourself a priority even before themselves.
That man CHRIS is the man an also his crew he knows what he is actually talking about an doesn’t beat around the bush really straight forward and quick an accurate services..

Manuel C.
Lakeside, CA
Nissan Pathfinder
03/02/2019
great service
great service at west el cajon automotive. They were courteous, informative and knowledgeable on the whole situation on my vehicle. pricing was great as well. jessica and the staff there were great.

Chevrolet Camaro
02/28/2019
Great Job As Always
Great group of people - both behind the counter and in the service bays. It was as clean under the hood when they finished as when I brought it in. Well done.

DA
Daphne A.
Lemon Grove, CA
Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class
02/25/2019
First of all I like the communication
From the time we stepped into the door we were greeted right away. We made an appointment online even though we arrived before our appointment and they didn’t have us scheduled (computer glitch triple AAA was running a promotion so they had a lot of people taking advantage of the promotion) Anyways they proceeded to get us in right away explained everything they were going to do no hidden fees no hidden agendas

02/20/2019
Employees and service
The employees are very friendly, and they get the job done right.

Chevrolet Traverse
02/15/2019
Great Job As Always
Really appreciate the quality work on my vehicles at your Facility. Great group of people working there too.

VC
Victor C.
INFINITI G35 Coupe
02/09/2019
New customer
First time coming to this shop I was welcomed and provided valuable information regarding some maintenance issues with my car. Overall they had my business as soon as I stepped in and was greeted with great customer service. Found out that I didn’t need a control arm bushing that other mechanics were telling me I needed.

JJ
Jerry J.
Ford Edge
02/08/2019
The diagnosed the problem and came up with multiple fair solutions. We agreed with a path and they fixed the problem. Now my edge runs like new