Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5rating 4.7500025
Overall Rating 1.9999975/5rating 1.9999975rating 1.9999975rating 1.9999975rating 1.9999975

Julian, CA
Ford Expedition
10/11/2019
not happy
I paid around $4000 for a new transmission and it took a month to complete.
The day I picked up my vehicle the gear shifter no longer worked and I
could only put my automatic trans into Drive or 2nd gear. ( it would not go into 1st)
When I explained to West EC Auto and Trans I was told that it was an easy fix and
that a bushing was probably bad in the steering column. Well why didn't you all fix
that when you replaced the transmission? It worked fine when I dropped it off to have
my transmission replaced - When I dropped it off to finally have it fixed I went into
shock when West El Cajon Auto and Trans charged me $400 for something that I believe
they are responsible for. Not to mention when I dropped my car off for the replacement
I got a call about an hour later suggesting I spend $1,800 on all kinds of other things.
I do not feel like I was treated honestly. Thank you
Brian B. from West El Cajon Automotive & Transmission responded on 10/11/2019

Anonymous,

I apologize that you are left feeling treated unfairly and that we dropped the ball in the service of your vehicle, We go to great lengths to try and make sure every customer is treated fairly and like they are family, I am truly saddened when a client feels they were not treated as such.
I did pull the service records to your vehicle, I was able to see we replaced the Transmission on your vehicle as it was failing internally in December 2018 there were no shifter concerns at that time. The vehicle did return until 8 months later in August of 2019 for the shifter issue. I can understand your frustration with vehicle repairs, But even as great as we are unfortunately, we can not predict future failures. I would be happy to discuss this matter with you if you would like to contact myself directly as I am here to help, please feel free to call me anytime 760-741-0071 Brian Bowersock
Please let me know if there is something I can do to help you!

TT
Terry T.
10/05/2019
5 Stars as Always
I'm always satisfied with the work done here, people are friendly and knowledgeable and always get the job done right.

Ram Pickup
10/03/2019
Tranny service
Good presentation, competitive pricing and excellent communication.

Rose R.
Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Jeep Liberty
09/28/2019
Awrsome people
My water Pump was going out. Did not know it until I went to get an oil change and the mechanic told me. On a Sunday no doubt. Called a few places. no answer and no one open. Did find one shop and they quoted me $700 . And they could not fix it that day, Sunday. It was 1pm. So I found West El Cajon, emailed them the problem and if I could get a rough estimate. Monday Morning after a few Texts messages with Mr. Graham, My quote came in at $531. out the door with a new water pump. Unless they found another issue it would cost more That is understandable. Luckily no other issues and Mr. Graham stayed true to his quote. Thank you West El Cajon.

09/24/2019
Great staff
Staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Chris is always willing to discuss issues and solutions with me.

GB
Gayle B.
Jeep Cherokee
09/19/2019
Friendly employees and they instill confidence.
Was very nervous about my car, had to have it towed to the shop. Spoke with Chris about symptoms and left it in his hands. They gave me an estimate of diagnosis and said they would call. Jessica (front desk) called and gave me all the info that they had found so far. I authorized the work and they kept me informed of the progress. The next day it was ready to pick up. They only needed a set of gaskets for repairs, the rest was labor. Drives like a new car. I will make that shop my go-to place for service and repairs.

DN
Derek N.
09/18/2019
Transfer Case Seal
The work performed on my vehicle was completed on the same day I dropped it off. The price of the repair was less than quoted. No scratches or grease stains on the paint. I was offered a free shuttle. Service advisors were friendly.

Spring Valley, CA
09/15/2019
No nonsense
Appreciated the time spent making sure my vehicle was handled properly.

Chevrolet Camaro
09/15/2019
Great Job As Always
This was a service visit. No problems. Top notch team.

GL
Guy L.
09/05/2019
2009 Toyota Tacoma
After being serviced by West Automotive of El Cajon the engine of my Tacoma is now purring, the transmission is now serene at any speed and the new Insterstate battery is cranking the whole thing without hesitation. Perfect.

DA
Daniela A.
08/23/2019
Great costumer service
I went for the first time to West Automotive El Cajon to have a 40 point check provided by AAA.
I received excellent costumer service, the entire staff was very friendly and knowledgeable.
I wish I could remember names but I can’t think of them right now. I received an estimate and Brian explained everything to me thoroughly. I didn’t feel like he was pushing me to have things done quickly and he made sure that was aware of what could wait and what needed attention soon. I would highly recommend this place.
I am definitely going back soon!

GL
Guy L.
08/19/2019
2003 Honda Accord
First time bringing my car to West Automotive. Good service. My 2003 Honda Accord has never run better.

Bruce B.
La Mesa, CA
08/16/2019
A/C repair, service
We had an A/c issue, not blowing cold air. Problem was quickly diagnosed and repaired, minor leak at a fitting. We appreciate the quick and honest service.

Chevrolet Camaro
08/15/2019
PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED
Had a problem with intermittent Tire Pressure Monitoring System warnings. Techs determined it was the sensor in the right front tire. Sensor was replaced - not cheap. On the way home, warning light reappeared and symptoms are exactly the same. Have scheduled another visit to the El Cajon Shop tomorrow for further diagnosis.

LL
LeAnn L.
08/08/2019
Fast, efficient and great customer service
I had a great experience, they are friendly, they communicate very well, they offer a shuttle.... (thank you for the ride) but most importantly my car is running great. I will definitely be back.

Chevrolet Traverse
08/08/2019
Great Job As Always
Staff at West El Cajon is top notch. Vehicle service completed - no problems.

WM
Wayne M.
Ford Police Interceptor
07/27/2019
Good Service
Good experience, follow up issue discovered the next day. Brought truck back in. Made appropriate adjustment within 15 minutes. Back on the road.

07/16/2019
S
The employees are very courteous and friendly. The only thing wrong is making an appt online. I tried 2 different times and each time when I arrived I wasn't on their schedule. I was told it was better to call and schedule

Sharon S.
Santee, CA
07/11/2019
WOW these folks are the BEST!!!
I took my car in for an oil change and smog check. It was 10 years old and all I had done were oil changes and tires. Well, it caught up to me. BUT Jessica knows her stuff (she amazes me) and when the repairs were over $3000 she helped me understand EVERYTHING my car needed and why and took into consideration my income. She told me what I could wait on and what they thought needed immediate attention. At the end of the day I realized it all needed to be done. WOW, it DRIVES SO MUCH BETTER!!! I even get better gas mileage. I am so glad I got the work done and am even more pleased that Jessica and Carlos made sure I was well informed and helped me make the right decisions. YOU CAN TRUST THESE FOLKS. THANK YOU WEST EL CAJON Auto and Jessica and Carlos. GREAT JOB!!!

SL
Sam L.
Mercedes-Benz E350
06/29/2019
REPAIR SERVICE ON MY 2006 MERCEDES-BENZ on June 20-21, 2019
I'm VERY DISAPPOINTED on the service rendered on my car. . . . REASON
(1) The cost of the repair . . for parts cost of Fuel Pump Assembly, Fuel Sending Unit, Adapter Bracket and Seal Ring were ALL almost DOUBLE the Price from the Mercedes-Benz Auto shop.
(2) When I pick my car after the repair done, my car was still DIRTY as the time I dropped it off. The hook up connection for the towing service is still in front of car.
Brian B. from West El Cajon Automotive & Transmission responded on 07/01/2019

Sam,

First and foremost I truly apologize that you are disappointed, we truly work hard to make sure every customer is satisfied 100% that being said I did check into the concerns that you listed. I actually contacted Mercedes Benz of San Diego, Spoke to a consultant in the service drive and requested an estimate for your exact vehicle with the Vin # for the exact services we performed for you, I am happy to say the estimate for the complete repair with labor and parts through Mercedes Benz service department was 15% higher than the cost of the complete repair through the West Automotive Group that we charged you. I also apologize that your vehicle was not washed, we typically do not provide vehicle washes at the El Cajon Location. I am happy to know your vehicle was diagnosed properly and is running with the top quality you should expect from Service at the West AUtomotive Group! If we can help you with any other questions or in any other way please feel free to call me directly as I am here to help 760-741-0071 Brian Bowersock