Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5rating 4.7500025
Overall Rating 1.9999975/5rating 1.9999975rating 1.9999975rating 1.9999975rating 1.9999975

JO
Joy O.
09/20/2018
Excellent customer service
Bill was so kind, listened to me explain my car issues and explained the repairs to me. Everyone else I spoke to on the staff was friendly and professional. The work on my car was prompt and reasonably priced. I will 100% recommend West El Cajon Automotive & Transmission, in fact, I've already suggested this business to two of my friends.

NJ
Natalie J.
09/17/2018
They corrected my issue immediately!
My problem ways a small issue, nothing to do with the quality of their work, which is excellent! Even though it was just the windshield washer resoveor was empty...the checked all my fluids. I appreciate their concern.

09/17/2018
Major work done fine, I think. One small thing to, but important to me not done 3 different times.
I'm disappointed something important to me was not done the last 3 services. To you I'm sure it's not that important. I'm 78 years old I have both wrist broken in past so I don't have straight and can't use my hands very well. I asked Bill to see if they will fill my window washer that is empty now after 3 services. I was not filled again.This morning I attempted to fill it. Lucky for me after I opened hood and steped a way, the hood came slamming down. If I was looking under the hood, story would not be good. I place the hood brace in the wrong place. Because I don't know how to do it properly. Just to fill the water resoveor. Bill should have told me you dont check it, when I asked him, he said he'd make sure it was done. I know it a little thing to you. It puts into question is there anything else they didn't check? At my ages the little things are important. I'm sorry to complain but I think you can understand. Thank you.
Brian B. from West El Cajon Automotive & Transmission responded on 09/18/2018

I wanted to thank you for taking our call and bring your concerns to our attention. Here at the West Automotive group our goal is complete satisfaction for every client along with complete confidence that your vehicle has been serviced fully and completely to manufactures Guide lines. The true fact is our technician drop the ball when it came to filling your fluids and this is entirely our fault and UN acceptable. I would like to thank you for coming by and allowing us to correct the concern and recheck all your fluids as we value you as a client. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

San Diego, CA
08/28/2018
Service With A Smile
I came. They worked. I left. Satisfied. Everyone knew what to do and how to do it. Me and my car were well cared for.

LU
Lynn U.
08/26/2018
Transmission Service re-reviewed
The preventative maintenance transmission service I went in for was done, there was a miscommunication which was clarified, however a few days after the service, my warning light went on saying the transmission fluid was too hot. I brought it in again, I was told they didn't know the transmission fluid had to be cold when filling it, since it expands when hot, so when all was complete after my original service, the fluid cooled down and was then reading as slightly too low, which in turn made the sensor go off. I had to bring it in again for a couple hours to find that out, but everything was handled. If the mechanic there doesn't know this about my type of car (Lexus), why are you having him work on it in the first place. I will go back for whatever service I need next, and if I have any issues, I will not be bringing any of our 4 vehicles back. When I took my car in last year to get the brakes redone, it took 4 times working on them to get it right and they replaced most all of the parts with new to begin with. It was crazy that it took that much to get it done right. Yes, I had to keep bringing my car back in, which is time and money plus aggravation to me. I would not currently recommend this business, I had high hopes when I first went there, but have to wait and see how it goes in future visits.

08/26/2018
Transmission service
I took my car in for a routine transmission maintenance service, on their recommendation from my previous visit for an oil change. But only half of the service was done, I think he said because they didnt get all the right parts to do the flush and said my car was new enough that it would be fine. My car was there for 3 hours, so would have rather done a complete service since I'd already put aside that day and time frame. Yes, it saved me money but seems half-assed to me. Would I go there again...yes, for now.
Brian B. from West El Cajon Automotive & Transmission responded on 08/28/2018

Lynn,

I apologize as there appears to have been a communication break down on our end, the reason for the lesser service was because once the technician looked at your vehicle with the lower mileage he determined the more expensive service was not needed. Thank you for taking our phone call to allow us to explain the situation throughly, please let us know if you have nay further questions.

Bria Bowersock

Brian B. from West El Cajon Automotive & Transmission responded on 08/29/2018

Lynn,

I apologize, apparently there is still some confusion. Rest assured the technician working on your vehicle is well versed and trained in your Transmission type and vehicle Type. The transmission is filled from the bottom on this model then road tested and rechecked hot which was performed during your service, unfortunately the inspection of fluid level does not always read properly and requires an additional top off after more driving. This concern does not happen real often but it does happen.  We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, but we are happy we could recheck and top off the fluid without any further concern or incident. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns that I may assist with as your complete satisfaction it our number one priority

Ben M.
Alpine, CA
08/25/2018
Quality Service
Frank and Chris are always knowledgeable and friendly and even remember my name; amazingly! The work is always completed in a timely manner and well done. This facility is tops in my book. I am impressed that even though I took in an old Toyota ( granddaughter vehicle) with many "issues" they fixed the immediate problem and informed me of the other issues without trying to pressure me in to getting them repaired immediately. I appreciated that very much and will bring the vehicle back for the other needed repairs as I can.

CN
Chuck N.
Lakeside, CA
Land Rover Range Rover Sport
08/20/2018 Category: Service
Chuck said the staff was pretty honest.

AT
Alec T.
08/17/2018 Category: Service
Alec said they have speedy service and the communication is good.

Jay P.
Chula Vista, CA
Jeep Commander
08/15/2018
Regular Maintenance on a 13 Year old Jeep Commander
Very thorough with their maintenance and /or repairs. Willing to take time to educate the owner on specific auto issues. Thank you!!!

Downside -
1. recommend work with an IT professional so that a technician can easily pull up a scheduled appointment and notes for that appointment. Appears to be a glitch between the appointments made online and being able to pull up the appointment when I arrive. This has happened twice in five months.
2. perhaps establish a "fast lane/lift" for quick minor issues such as oil change and tire rotations only.
Thank you for your time.
Respectfully,
Jay Patterson DT1, USN (Ret)
Brian B. from West El Cajon Automotive & Transmission responded on 08/15/2018

Thank you for your trust you have put in us by allowing us to service and repair your vehicle. Thank you for your comments also we will take these under consideration.

YT
Yvonne T.
08/10/2018 Category: Service
Yvonne said the business got her vehicle in right away. Her vehicle was fixed and finished at the time they said it would be done.

Mike C.
HUMMER H2
08/04/2018 Category: Service
Mike said the service was good and so was the follow up.

Denise H.
07/27/2018
Good service if you have time to spare
Brought car in for oil change. Feel you get top quality work here and veey thorough with their 40 pt inspection which is included although it is pretty pricey ($62). Employees were very friendly. Free shuttle to my nearby home. My only complaint is that it took way too long. Had made appt for 9:30 am and car wasn't ready until after 2 pm. Had originally been told it would take hour and a half. Hopefully that isn't an everyday occurrence.
Brian B. from West El Cajon Automotive & Transmission responded on 07/28/2018

Thank you for comments, Yes we strive hard to make sure and keep our time line commitments, I apologize on behalf of the team that we were delayed during this visit of yours, Please accept our apologies and know we are working hard to make sure and advise every customer of a proper time line during service.

KH
Kyle H.
07/27/2018 Category: Service
Kyle said he was treated fairly, this business provided good communication and it was good.

AJ
Alicia J.
07/18/2018
awesome enviroment and trustworthy employees. I know that i am not being deceived about any needed repairs on my truck
i have complete trust in West automotive and know that im not being deceived about any repairs that my truck needs.

Tom B.
Buick Enclave
07/14/2018 Category: Service
Tom said he would recommend this business for service.

Lloyd S.
San Diego, CA
Chevrolet Silverado SS
07/13/2018 Category: Service
Lloyd said he would recommend this business for service.

John S.
Alpine, CA
Chevrolet Cobalt
07/10/2018 Category: Service
John said he would recommend the business for service.

Santee, CA
Hyundai Santa Fe
07/05/2018
This incident was my error entirely and not West El Cajon automotive. Paul graciously handled my confusion, went way out of the way to make sure that my vehicle was taken care of. Paul did more than was expected.

I sincerely apologize for my confusion, and thank you for your gracious manner of handling this situation.

07/05/2018
Poor Service
After oil change and extensive maintenance service, 16 miles from West El Cajon my oil light came on -there is no oil in my car. Called and spoke with Chris at 5:15 pm and he offered no assistance because their customer service person had already gone home for the day.

My car is sitting in my driveway with no oil!
Brian B. from West El Cajon Automotive & Transmission responded on 07/05/2018

I apologize for any confusion when you contacted us that evening, You and your vehicle are our number on concern. As soon as we saw the concern in email form I had Paul contact you and come look at your vehicle. I was very happy to hear it was not an oil light and the vehicle was full of oil. Once again I do apologize for how your call was handled initially as the employee is in training and new to our organization, rest assured we have discussed handing a concern like this for the future.

If you have nay other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly.

FP
Fernando P.
Lakeside, CA
07/05/2018 Category: Service
Fernando said this business provided great customer service.

GB
Glenn B.
Lexus LS 400
06/29/2018
Reasonable prices, good work and a great staff.
Fixed my rack and pinion for a thousand less than I was quoted at another AAA shop. Very courteous staff that answered my questions and explained why they recommended the repairs.

CY
Cork Y.
06/26/2018 Category: Service
Cork said the facility was clean, and he would recommend the business for service.