Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5rating 4.7500025
Overall Rating 1.9999975/5rating 1.9999975rating 1.9999975rating 1.9999975rating 1.9999975

Mike M.
11/13/2018
Service here is a little more expensive but is good.

Ray G.
Chrysler Aspen
11/13/2018
Diagnosed problem fast, and honest
Bill and the guys down at West EC Automotive were great to work with.
Had a fluid leak, not sure if it was oil or brake fluid. Was expecting a huge repair on my 09 SUV.
Got a call about 15 minutes after I left the vehicle with Bill. They located the problem, a lose oil filter. The place I took it to for the change hadn't tightened the filter correctly.
What easily could have been a few hours in a shop, just "locating" the issue turned into an honest fix. I was even charged less than the initial cost I approved to clean and diagnose because they found it so quick.
Upon their 40 point safety inspection, Bill recommended a few repairs that were due and they had my car up and running like new.
I highly recommend this company.
Initially, I had a sense from watching Brian on the weekend news, giving car talk, that he was one of the trust worthy mechanics out there. By the way his crew at El Cajon Automotive showed integrity and honesty, I will be taking all our cars there from now on.

Stacey W.
Chrysler 300
11/05/2018
Customer service
I'd never been here before but I will return when needed. The staff here is very helpful, courteous and polite. They kept me informed as to the needs of my car. Shop was well maintained. Overall had a good experience here. Keep up the good work fellas.

Jamie M.
Lakeside, CA
Ram 1500
10/25/2018
Customer Service
Chris was super helpful and vey informative about what needed to be done to my truck. I will definitely be coming back here and referring my friends.

10/19/2018
Good service without the pressure to spend more
West provided good service without the pressure to spend more money. Another shop was pressing me to do all kinds of work. The staff at West appear to be knowledgeable.

Daniel W.
Ford Explorer Sport
10/12/2018
Ford SUV
Great service, stayed in price they quoted
Brian B. from West El Cajon Automotive & Transmission responded on 10/12/2018

Daniel,

Thank you for your trust in us!

Jim H.
Chula Vista, CA
Chevrolet Camaro
10/12/2018
Great Service Visit
Excellent job on my service items. The only problem I found was the Oil Life Monitor was not reset, but I did that myself in about 10 seconds. Highly recommend the guys at West El Cajon Automotive.

Darlene S.
10/10/2018
Good
Everything was ok except battery termanal had not been cleaned.

Ford Freestar Wagon
10/08/2018
Fuel injection sensor issue
Great group of people, friendly, efficient, and always professional service.

DK
Denise K.
10/05/2018
FANTASTIC customer service!!
I was able to get in at the very last minute for a smog check on a Friday morning. My car was done before I finished walking around the block. The staff is super friendly and helpful!

RY
Robert Y.
Buick LaCrosse
09/29/2018
Reapirs, 2006 Buick Steering Components
They repaired and replaced a few items on my power steering. The high pressure power steering hose and the rack and pinion system itself, the necessary alignment and fluid flush. This repair took a day longer than I, or they, thought it would, but it must be kept in mind that I was a walk in with no appointment. You know the usual "surprise your car is broken!". They were professional and courteous and kept me well informed of the progress and any developments with my repairs. The repairs have been completed and all is well with my car.
Yes, I will return to them with other car repairs and or maintenance.

C.J. S.

These guys are pros

NJ
Natalie J.
09/21/2018
They do what they say say!
I had a small issue. They took care of it immediately! Making sure I was completely happy, and I was!

JO
Joy O.
09/20/2018
Excellent customer service
Bill was so kind, listened to me explain my car issues and explained the repairs to me. Everyone else I spoke to on the staff was friendly and professional. The work on my car was prompt and reasonably priced. I will 100% recommend West El Cajon Automotive & Transmission, in fact, I've already suggested this business to two of my friends.

NJ
Natalie J.
09/17/2018
They corrected my issue immediately!
My problem ways a small issue, nothing to do with the quality of their work, which is excellent! Even though it was just the windshield washer resoveor was empty...the checked all my fluids. I appreciate their concern.

09/17/2018
Major work done fine, I think. One small thing to, but important to me not done 3 different times.
I'm disappointed something important to me was not done the last 3 services. To you I'm sure it's not that important. I'm 78 years old I have both wrist broken in past so I don't have straight and can't use my hands very well. I asked Bill to see if they will fill my window washer that is empty now after 3 services. I was not filled again.This morning I attempted to fill it. Lucky for me after I opened hood and steped a way, the hood came slamming down. If I was looking under the hood, story would not be good. I place the hood brace in the wrong place. Because I don't know how to do it properly. Just to fill the water resoveor. Bill should have told me you dont check it, when I asked him, he said he'd make sure it was done. I know it a little thing to you. It puts into question is there anything else they didn't check? At my ages the little things are important. I'm sorry to complain but I think you can understand. Thank you.
Brian B. from West El Cajon Automotive & Transmission responded on 09/18/2018

I wanted to thank you for taking our call and bring your concerns to our attention. Here at the West Automotive group our goal is complete satisfaction for every client along with complete confidence that your vehicle has been serviced fully and completely to manufactures Guide lines. The true fact is our technician drop the ball when it came to filling your fluids and this is entirely our fault and UN acceptable. I would like to thank you for coming by and allowing us to correct the concern and recheck all your fluids as we value you as a client. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Brian Bowersock

San Diego, CA
08/28/2018
Service With A Smile
I came. They worked. I left. Satisfied. Everyone knew what to do and how to do it. Me and my car were well cared for.

LU
Lynn U.
08/26/2018
Transmission Service re-reviewed
The preventative maintenance transmission service I went in for was done, there was a miscommunication which was clarified, however a few days after the service, my warning light went on saying the transmission fluid was too hot. I brought it in again, I was told they didn't know the transmission fluid had to be cold when filling it, since it expands when hot, so when all was complete after my original service, the fluid cooled down and was then reading as slightly too low, which in turn made the sensor go off. I had to bring it in again for a couple hours to find that out, but everything was handled. If the mechanic there doesn't know this about my type of car (Lexus), why are you having him work on it in the first place. I will go back for whatever service I need next, and if I have any issues, I will not be bringing any of our 4 vehicles back. When I took my car in last year to get the brakes redone, it took 4 times working on them to get it right and they replaced most all of the parts with new to begin with. It was crazy that it took that much to get it done right. Yes, I had to keep bringing my car back in, which is time and money plus aggravation to me. I would not currently recommend this business, I had high hopes when I first went there, but have to wait and see how it goes in future visits.

08/26/2018
Transmission service
I took my car in for a routine transmission maintenance service, on their recommendation from my previous visit for an oil change. But only half of the service was done, I think he said because they didnt get all the right parts to do the flush and said my car was new enough that it would be fine. My car was there for 3 hours, so would have rather done a complete service since I'd already put aside that day and time frame. Yes, it saved me money but seems half-assed to me. Would I go there again...yes, for now.
Brian B. from West El Cajon Automotive & Transmission responded on 08/28/2018

Lynn,

I apologize as there appears to have been a communication break down on our end, the reason for the lesser service was because once the technician looked at your vehicle with the lower mileage he determined the more expensive service was not needed. Thank you for taking our phone call to allow us to explain the situation throughly, please let us know if you have nay further questions.

Bria Bowersock

Brian B. from West El Cajon Automotive & Transmission responded on 08/29/2018

Lynn,

I apologize, apparently there is still some confusion. Rest assured the technician working on your vehicle is well versed and trained in your Transmission type and vehicle Type. The transmission is filled from the bottom on this model then road tested and rechecked hot which was performed during your service, unfortunately the inspection of fluid level does not always read properly and requires an additional top off after more driving. This concern does not happen real often but it does happen.  We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, but we are happy we could recheck and top off the fluid without any further concern or incident. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns that I may assist with as your complete satisfaction it our number one priority

Brian Bowersock

Ben M.
Alpine, CA
08/25/2018
Quality Service
Frank and Chris are always knowledgeable and friendly and even remember my name; amazingly! The work is always completed in a timely manner and well done. This facility is tops in my book. I am impressed that even though I took in an old Toyota ( granddaughter vehicle) with many "issues" they fixed the immediate problem and informed me of the other issues without trying to pressure me in to getting them repaired immediately. I appreciated that very much and will bring the vehicle back for the other needed repairs as I can.

CN
Chuck N.
Lakeside, CA
Land Rover Range Rover Sport
08/20/2018 Category: Service
Chuck said the staff was pretty honest.