Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Overall Rating 2.5/5Overall Rating 2.5/5rating 2.5rating 2.5rating 2.5
Calvin H. on 06/25/2016
Calvin said this business was overpriced and did not diagnose his vehicle correctly. They indicated that there was a problem with his lights and there was no problem with his lights. He said he felt they were trying to get over on him. He takes his state vehicles there and they did not treat him fairly.
Vehicle: Saturn Vue
Service Date: 06/20/2016
Review Created: 06/25/2016
The Autotech F. at Autotech responded on 07/03/2016

Calvin I spoke with you regarding the a/c service that we performed on your vehicle, The reason why we did not add freon to your vehicle, was you had a hole in your A/C manafold hose assembly andf a slight seepage coming from the a/c compressor housing. Jared spoke with you about what needed to be done to your a/c system, and you declined replacement of the defective parts  When I spoke with you regarding the cost of the parts,
you said that you could have gotten the parts online. My reason
that the parts I was selling you came with a 2year, 24k mile parts and labor warrenty! and these parts are good quality parts! not
cheap china imported parts that you stated you could buy online!
We stand behind our workmanship and parts and would not use those cheap parts!I know that day we checked out you a/c problem it was extremly hot and muggy, you still wanted us to charge your a/c system with freon. But from experiance we knew that you a/c would of blown cold for maybe 30 minutes and it would be hot again.! I am very sorry that we could not accomodate your wishes. But we can't do business this way knowing the the we installed inferior parts.

Susan M. on 05/14/2016
Susan said she is unhappy with the business. From the first time she took her vehicle in, the vehicle is still not working correctly. For the reason stated, she would not recommend this business for service.
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 05/03/2016
Review Created: 05/14/2016
The Autotech F. at Autotech responded on 05/16/2016

On may 16th 7pm.I just left a message for Susan to call me back, On dec 31st 2015 we performed a oil service and rear brake service. On 3-26-16 i had left Susan a message regarding her previouse  service with us, She called back and stated her brake were squeaking when backing out of her driveway. No problem please bring the vehicle back for us to reinspect the rear brakes that we just serviced. She brought the Nissan back to us on Tuesday may 3rd.. her boyfriend Nick brought the car to us, He said he did not here any brake squeaks but noticed the ABS WARNING LAMP WAS ON, I said let me have it the day and we will look at the brakes. We inspected the rear brakes, they were fine. I called Nick to see if we can keep the nissan overnight to see if we can experiance the brake squeak,and also obtained approval to check out the abs waring lamp. He said sure. WE checked the abs system it had a C1120: front left inlet solenoid open or shorted to power or ground, we performed diagnostics and Reccomended the abs pump and module be replaced to solve the abs warning lamp from coming on. Susan declined that repair. Upon backing out of the shop in the morning we definatly heard brake squeaking from the rear and also from the front brakes. We burnished the brake rotors and the brake pads to remove any glaze on them. We road tested the nissan again when cold and backing out just like the day before. There was no squeak from the rears but did hear a squeak coming from the front brakes. Advised Susan to take her nissan back to where they had done her front brakes

SOLOMON B. on 10/22/2015
"The service "
Charge way too much. Did not have the tools to do the job
Vehicle: Ford Bronco
Service Date: 10/19/2015
Review Created: 10/22/2015 07:11 PM
ROSIE R. on 05/28/2014
"Can I have my car parts back?!"
$455 to change 6 spark plugs? I just did the change myself in less than an hour with a new cabin filter. After the $108 diagnostic check you forgot to put on the two covers on each side of the cabin filter housing. I'm going to have my wife stop by and get them. Thanks guys, you've been a big help!
Vehicle: BMW 328i
Service Date: 05/15/2014
Review Created: 05/28/2014 07:54 PM
LAQUINTHIA M. on 03/25/2014
"Owner should retire"
Jared or whatever his name is was very helpful and polite. The owner was rude and EXTREMELY slow. I went for a simple oil change and inspection that was supposed to take ONE hour. I spent an HOUR AND A HALF waiting. Service was overpriced. Won't be back.
Service Date: 03/24/2014
Review Created: 03/25/2014 09:26 PM
The Autotech F. at Autotech responded on 03/31/2014

Laquinthia, I am Sorry the Oil Service took a half hour
longer that it should have! It was the lunch hour and
as you saw there was a few cars ahead of your car.
The cost of your oil service including a complete vehicle inspection including tax was only $45.71.
A small price for the driver of a vehicle to know their vehicle is safe and have peace of mind while driving your car, and if there are any Reccomendations, you can plan any future repairs. Again I am very sorry we were not able to meet your expectations!

MIKE P. on 12/09/2013
"Damaged my vehicle, was unable to fix it, then refused to cover the repair costs"
Took my MINI Cooper in for a water pump replacement (~$700). Unable to consistently start my car after getting it back. Had my car towed back the next day to see what the problem was. It started for them and they claimed it was the immobilizer. Once back home, it would not start again. Had it towed to Autotech a second time. After 4 days, they could not determine the problem and admitted that they did not have the proper tools to diagnose. They recommended I get it towed to a dealer.

Had it towed to another mechanic that was able to identify the problem: the wiring harness that passes over the water pump was crushed (tool marks pressed into the insulation) and torn. All of the wires were bright copper (i.e. no dust or oxidation = new damage). There has been no other engine bay repairs for over 18 months.

I presented documentation to the owner, Tony Solorio, including my request that he refund the original Autotech repair costs, which totaled less than the harness repair and towing fees. Tony claimed that the wires appeared to have been chewed and that there was no way Autotech could have been responsible for the damage. He refused my offer to look at the harness in person. Autotech has opted to allow third party arbitrators to decide.
Vehicle: MINI Cooper
Service Date: 10/15/2013
Review Created: 12/09/2013 01:39 PM
Mark B. on 11/06/2013
Mark said this business wanted to charge him $193 to diagnose his vehicle. He can get free diagnostics all over town.
Vehicle: Ford Aerostar
Service Date: 10/31/2013
Review Created: 11/06/2013
RALPH B. on 05/16/2013
"AC non-repair"
I was told of slow leak in front gasket, was told it will leak down but maybe would last through summer. it lasted less than one hour. I have no AC and loss of $184.00.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cavalier
Service Date: 05/13/2013
Review Created: 05/16/2013 08:34 AM
The Autotech F. at Autotech responded on 05/22/2013
Ralph when we serviced your a/c we detected a freon leak at the shaft seal on your a/c compressor, we gave you a quote on the compressor replacement. You opted to not replace the compressor. You asked how long would the freon stay in the system? there is no way that we can say how long the system would blow cold, it may last the summer or just one day.
LAMONT L. on 01/03/2013
"Money spent, problems unresolved"
My last 3 visits resulted in over a thousand dollars of work and fixes. My '92 Accord and then the '04 Civic, twice. I think I'll stick with Honda service. It cost more, but at least my car gets fixed. The 700 dollar repair was a real job on me. When it still didn't fix the problem, you did research and found Honda had a tech bulletin out on the issue that had nothing to do with the repairs performed. And I'm out 700 bucks. And the last two times with the cooling system problem. That didn't get solved, either. I got charged, anyway. Now, I'm out a thousand bucks and still have problems needing solving. What would you do in my position?
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 01/02/2013
Review Created: 01/03/2013 11:45 PM
The Autotech F. at Autotech responded on 01/05/2013
Thank you Lamont for your Response! I always try to follow up with my customers within a week to verify that the Service we provide is Satisfactory! And when There is a Concern I want to Resolve the Problem! I spoke with you Saturday afternoon regarding your Civic with its Intermitant cooling system gauge reading hot and the radiator fans not coming on and also the heater Intermitantly taking longer than 10 minutes to heat up. And scheduled an appointment for monday morning to inspect your civic. And remember, This Problem is Intermitant so we may have your car for some time, Till it acts up! When you brought it to us it was not acting up, and we did not see anything wrong either! But we are here to correct this Problem! See you Monday!!
CHELSEA E. on 07/10/2012
"Too expensive"
Ripped me off during a diagostic service for smog
Vehicle: Volkswagen New Beetle
Service Date: 07/09/2012
Review Created: 07/10/2012 08:05 PM
The Autotech F. at Autotech responded on 07/16/2012
Chelsea, You had 2 trouble codes and 1 history trouble codes, we fixed a intake manafold vaccum leak which will solve the P1152 code and could even solve the history trouble code P1141, which is related to theP1152 code. the trouble code #P2151, we reccomended the thermostat be replaced and a drive cycle to confirm the history code P1141 did not come back. We charged you $98.00 for the diagnostics and repair of the vacuum leak and 3 trouble codes=$32.66 a code! I don't know a shop that will diagnose and fix a trouble code for $32.66!We reccomended a thermostat to correct the trouble code P2151 and a drive cycle. You declined further repairs.
Randy S. on 05/19/2012
Randy said the manager would not answer the questions he asked about his quote to repair his water pump. He would not recommend them for that reason.
Service Date: 04/19/2012
Review Created: 05/19/2012
The Autotech F. at Autotech responded on 05/22/2012
Randy when you dropped your car off, your daughter said the coolant gauge read hot while on the frwy, I said it sounds like your thermostat stuck closed. that is a common problem! the next day we checked your car and found the coolant was not circulating. we obtained authorization to replace the thermostat, we did replace the thermostat but still had no circulation, the only components left is the radiator and the waterpump. the radiator did flow, [we tested it when we replaced the thermostat]. The only component left is the waterpump. I asked you have you replaced your timing belt yet? the car had 162,000 miles on it. you said the timing belt has not been replaced. I reccomended that the timing belt and idler and tensioner pulleys and waterpump should be replaced because of the high mileage. There is no way to condem a waterpump because of improper flow unless you know the other components are functional, Which we did!
The Autotech F. at Autotech responded on 05/22/2012
Randy when your car was towed in your daughter stated the coolant temperature gauge read hot while on driving on the freeway, I said it could possibly be a stuck thermostat! The next day we verified the coolant in the cooling system was not circulating. We obtained authorization from you to replace the thermostat. which we replaced. The coolant was still not circulating. The radiator was flowing, we tested it when we replaced the thermostat. the only component left is the water pump! I asked you if you had replaced the timing belt, The vehicle had 162,000 miles and it should have been replaced with the tensioner and idler pulleys and the waterpump also because it is alot of work and they all should had been replaced by now- You said the belt had not been replaced as of yet and you declined further repairs at this time. There is no other way to confirm that the waterpump is the cause of poor circulation with out confirming the thermostat and radiator are o.k. first!
TUSAR S. on 05/15/2012
"worst mechanic possible"
very bad experience. Never ever go to Autotech. they will just grab your money without giving you proper service. I tried to do a brake checkup and they said everything is working fine. When I consulted some other mechanic they said my brake is overheating causing the brake drums to change in shape. Do not know what exactly is going on but certainly autotech diagnosis was totally wrong. their prices are exorbitant and am pretty sure their mechanics are total crap.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 05/08/2012
Review Created: 05/15/2012 06:33 PM
The Autotech F. at Autotech responded on 05/20/2012
Tusar, You had your Toyota Camry towed to us on 5-7-12. The car died and would not restart. We charged the battery, the engine cranked real fast, We found the timing belt teeth had stripped and would need to be replaced to make your engine run. You declined further repairs and picked you car up on 5-8-12. We had nothing to do with your brakes!
MIKE W. J. ReScore Review on 02/29/2012
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"hogwash"
the recipt i have says 140, and we were charged for the smog test when your shop admitted that the testing machine was down.
Service Date: 02/17/2012
Review Created: 02/24/2012 12:24 PM

"Not a good place"
I decided to try this place because they were the best reviewed online (the employees must have been boosting their buisness) the person at the front counter could not have been bothered to take the burger out of his mouth to talk to me, but i did not listen to my gut for this warning, after a $140 checkout, they told me fuel was in the oil, (an impossibility) and they condemmed my catylitic converter, which they quoted me at $750 for repairs, i decided to check else ware and found another mechanic who did a better job for less than 300. long and short of it is, these guys suck hard
Service Date: 02/17/2012
Review Created: 02/24/2012 12:24 PM
The Autotech F. at Autotech responded on 02/28/2012
You brought your vehicle to us with numerious failed inspections "4 or 5". The most recent inspection was 1 month old! We reccomended a pretest to see what needed to be addressed. The vehicle failed the pretest only at the 25mph. part of the test, Only by 5ppm of hc's. max-41ppm. tested 46ppm. At the 15 mph. test, the Max was 81ppm. we measured-80ppm. We are a Official Test and Repair Smog Check Station. We were trained to repair the vehicle with the most cost effective repairs, In this case we found excessive hc's in the crankcase=1600ppm. which if the oil was replaced, that may have brought the emissions down enough to pass the smog check! We also noted the catalytic convertor was testing weak, However you declined any further repairs! And by the way the Diagnostics was only $98.00