Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Overall Rating 2.5/5Overall Rating 2.5/5rating 2.5rating 2.5rating 2.5
Linda G. ReScore Review on 01/07/2015
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Linda said this business was unable to fix the problem with her vehicle.
Vehicle: Pontiac Grand Prix
Service Date: 12/11/2014
Review Created: 12/17/2014

Linda said she has to take her vehicle back to the business because the original issue was not resolved.
Vehicle: Pontiac Grand Prix
Service Date: 12/11/2014
Review Created: 12/17/2014
The Autotech F. at Autotech responded on 12/31/2014

Hi Linda,Whenever we have a problem with a vehicle, We look for Factory Recalls or Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) pertaining to that particular Drivability Problem which there was a recall for intermittent engine dying while driving. You took your pontiac to the dealer for the recall. The Recall did not solve that dying problem. You brought it back to us and we road tested your vehicle and could not duplicate that issue, We researched your Maintenance History, and because of the vehicle mileage a  Throttle body Service and Tune up was due. We Performed that and again road tested with no problems.     We had your Pontiac back in our shop to try duplicate
the intermittent engine dying problem you were complaining about. We road tested your vehicle numerous times with our fuel pressure gauge and engine scanners connected to your vehicle.
We did not experience the problem that you described, but after 2 hours of driving your car I did experience a problem with your transmission shifting hard. After talking to Lee, he stated both of you had experienced that problem in the past. The engine dying while driving issue is not apparent at this time. We may have to wait till the problem is more apparent! Intermittent problems are very hard to repair, We don't want to start guessing and replacing unnecessary parts in attempt to fix this very intermittent issue.

MIKE W. J. ReScore Review on 02/29/2012
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"hogwash"
the recipt i have says 140, and we were charged for the smog test when your shop admitted that the testing machine was down.
Vehicle: Saturn SC2
Service Date: 02/17/2012
Review Created: 02/24/2012 12:24 PM

"Not a good place"
I decided to try this place because they were the best reviewed online (the employees must have been boosting their buisness) the person at the front counter could not have been bothered to take the burger out of his mouth to talk to me, but i did not listen to my gut for this warning, after a $140 checkout, they told me fuel was in the oil, (an impossibility) and they condemmed my catylitic converter, which they quoted me at $750 for repairs, i decided to check else ware and found another mechanic who did a better job for less than 300. long and short of it is, these guys suck hard
Vehicle: Saturn SC2
Service Date: 02/17/2012
Review Created: 02/24/2012 12:24 PM
The Autotech F. at Autotech responded on 02/28/2012
You brought your vehicle to us with numerious failed inspections "4 or 5". The most recent inspection was 1 month old! We reccomended a pretest to see what needed to be addressed. The vehicle failed the pretest only at the 25mph. part of the test, Only by 5ppm of hc's. max-41ppm. tested 46ppm. At the 15 mph. test, the Max was 81ppm. we measured-80ppm. We are a Official Test and Repair Smog Check Station. We were trained to repair the vehicle with the most cost effective repairs, In this case we found excessive hc's in the crankcase=1600ppm. which if the oil was replaced, that may have brought the emissions down enough to pass the smog check! We also noted the catalytic convertor was testing weak, However you declined any further repairs! And by the way the Diagnostics was only $98.00
Richard A. on 05/23/2017
Richard said this business provided great service.
Vehicle: Nissan NV2500 HD
Kathleen K. on 05/23/2017
Kathleen said this business fixed her vehicle. They are well trained in what they do. All of the staff are nice people.
Vehicle: Dodge Stratus
Service Date: 04/26/2017
Sage M. on 05/23/2017
Sage said this business did a great job.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
DWIGHT B. on 05/22/2017
"cable replacement"
Autotech replaced broken speedometer cable in a timely manner - reasonable price. Highly recommend them.
Vehicle: Isuzu I-Mark
Service Date: 05/05/2017
Review Created: 05/22/2017 08:51 AM
Joyce M. on 05/21/2017
"Honesty"
Needed to have oil leak diagnosed on my VW EOS. They were honest and upfront about findings and even recommended I take it to dealer for repair as they did not have specialized tools to do it.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Eos
Service Date: 05/17/2017
Review Created: 05/21/2017 09:56 AM
Claudia H. on 05/19/2017
Claudia said the business was honest about the problems with her vehicle, and they were quick.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 05/16/2017
Review Created: 05/19/2017
Darlene E. on 05/18/2017
Darlene said the staff were very helpful, and they explained the whole process to her. The prices were good, and the vehicle is fine. It works perfectly.
Vehicle: Kia Optima
Service Date: 05/15/2017
Review Created: 05/18/2017
DESIREE D. on 05/17/2017
"Good service"
The prices are reasonable. The people are friendly.
Vehicle: Saturn SL1
Service Date: 05/12/2017
Review Created: 05/17/2017 06:09 AM
Connie L. on 05/17/2017
Connie said the business is really overpriced. She would not recommend them for service.
Vehicle: Toyota Highlander
good work
Vehicle: Mercury Grand Marquis
Review Created: 05/04/2017 02:59 PM
PETER D. on 05/04/2017
"I can relay on them to accomodate me when I need service "
I know I will get an honest evaluation for I am a old customer
Vehicle: BMW 323i
Review Created: 05/04/2017 10:28 AM
ANN M. on 05/04/2017
"They are honest"
Auto tech provides good customer service, transportation if needed, they let me know whether or not if a service needs to be done if I ask them to do something for me. Auto Tech came highly recommended through triple a. I haven't been dissatisfied yet.
Vehicle: Kia Optima
Vehicle: Pontiac Sunfire
Review Created: 04/30/2017 08:17 PM
LEA A. on 04/28/2017
"Professional, Efficient Service"
Professional and efficient service provided to our car at Autotech. Family owned place and everyone was helpful. Our car was fixed in one day after having to get towed there!
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 04/25/2017
Review Created: 04/28/2017 08:21 AM
JOHN K. on 04/27/2017
"Breakdown - Tow - Repair"
Saturday, 22 April 2017 I returned to my truck after stopping to purchase "to go" coffee at Back-to-the-Grind in downtown Riverside. The engine would crank appropriately, but the fuel wouldn't ignite. I called AAA, and my truck was towed to Autotech on 3rd Street near Chicago Ave. Tony Solorio, the owner, was just closing up, but he let my truck in, to be checked out and repaired starting the following Monday. There were delays in obtaining the necessary parts, including the fuel pump module, so the repairs had to continue into Tuesday. Jerrod, the front desk person, kept me informed about what was happening during those two days, so there was no reason for concern on my part. Tuesday afternoon my wife took me to Autotech, and I paid the bill and picked up the truck. It's running just fine, and I appreciate the excellent service from Autotech, with their usual close attention to detail. John Klure
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 04/25/2017
Review Created: 04/27/2017 12:30 PM
David A. on 04/26/2017
David said this business was honest about the work and they are trustworthy.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 04/07/2017
Review Created: 04/26/2017
CAROL A. on 04/25/2017
"Prompt attention, friendly service personnel, "
I love going to Autotech, always greeted, taken care of quickly and kept updated on progress and anything my car may need.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Traverse