Chuck's Main Street Auto

Reviews (264)

rating 4.8641509rating 4.8641509rating 4.8641509rating 4.8641509rating 4.8641509

Recommend?

Sun closed
N64 W23876 Main St
Sussex, WI 53089-3122
(262) 246-8057
About Chucks Main Street Auto, we have been serving this area for years with quality service & repairs. No Appointment Needed for The State Emission Inspections!
Latest Reviews for Chuck's Main Street Auto
STEVE C. in Sussex, WI on 12/18/2014
As with every other repair that he has done for me, Chuck took care of my brakes in a very timely manner, and at a reasonable price. Friendly and prompt. I continue to be amazed that he doesn't try to up-sell me on service or repairs that I don't need.
Vehicle: Toyota Sienna
Service Date: 12/16/2014
Review Created: 12/18/2014 07:10 AM
rating 4rating 4rating 4rating 4rating 4
Honest/Great Work/ Fair Pricei
I have used Chuck's for many car repairs on my older vehicle. They have always diagnosed the problem correctly the first time and fixed at a fair price. Great deals and specials on standard maintenance.
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 12/13/2014
Review Created: 12/14/2014 05:46 AM
RON G. in Sussex, WI on 12/13/2014
pleasent, frendly & polite
Work was done in a timely maner, & up to very good standards.
Vehicle: Mercury Grand Marquis
Service Date: 12/11/2014
Review Created: 12/13/2014 06:36 PM
rating 1rating 1rating 1rating 1rating 1
DWAYNE B. on 11/26/2014
Bad Attitude
We stopped and made an appointment on Saturday, 11/22/14 for 3:15pm on Tuesday, 3/25/14. I arrived at 3:10pm.
They didn't take car in until after 3:30pm. After 45 minutes I asked Chuck what was taking so long. He said they were backed up. I said I would remember this as I could get the car serviced quicker at other places. He said they do a overall inspection, not like quick lubes. I told him we have never use quick lubes. He walked away. Note: We had previously taken our car to Jack Safro Toyota. They do a multipoint inspecition as well. The bill said the cabin filter and air filter need replacement. We were never told this or I would have told them to replace what was needed. Now I will take the car back to Safro to finish the job. More inconvenience. The reminder sticker for the next oil change on the window doesn't peel off. Need to use a razor blade. Chuck has never been the friendliest guy, but being a local businessman, we like to support local businesses. Not anymore. I work for a large company in Sussex and have already started sharing this story with coworkers and to my surprise, people have shared with me similiar experiences with Chucks Main Street Auto. We have two newer model cars but with tires, wheel alignments, brakes and oil changes we have managed to spend over $1,000 this year. That business will go to someone else in the future. My time is important. I am the customer paying a fair price, no coupons, no deals. I don't need attitude from Chuck as well.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 11/25/2014
Review Created: 11/26/2014 09:50 PM
Chuck H. at Chuck's Main Street Auto responded on 11/28/2014

I am very sorry you were not happy with our service. I was never trying to give you any kind of "attitude" when you were here. The usual wait time for your service is 1-1:15 hour. I know you don't want any excuse as to why we didn't get you in right at 3:15 but we put 2 tech's on your car and was able to get you out within 1 hour from your original scheduled time.(4:15) This was our busiest weeks of the year being a 3 day work week. I guess looking back I should of never taken an appointment at the end of a day on a shorten week. I was trying to accommodate everyone and instead of helping people I upset them.

The recommendations that were on your bill were from 8/20, the last time you were in for service. I assumed you knew about them and didn’t want us to replace them. I also assumed you were in a big hurry and figured it would increase your waiting time and that would not be acceptable to you.

Again I am very sorry we are not up service expectations and will do everything in the future to make sure this does not happen again.

Chuck Hoffmann, Owner
JERRY K. in Colgate, WI on 11/19/2014
Chuck always delivers as promised. I trust my cars with him.
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 11/18/2014
Review Created: 11/19/2014 05:46 PM
DAN H. in Pewaukee, WI on 11/18/2014
Service and Knowedge
I've never had a problem. When I leave I always know about pending problems, so I know what to watch for!
Vehicle: Ford Ranger
Service Date: 11/10/2014
Review Created: 11/18/2014 03:54 PM
TOM W. in Pewaukee, WI on 11/04/2014
Chuck's great!! honest, dependable,
Had a major repair, valve job, Chuck worked with my insurance company, had a problem after repair and he was very helpful and made it right. I'll keep coming back!! He always treats me great!!
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
Service Date: 09/26/2014
Review Created: 11/04/2014 02:19 PM
DONALD F. in Sussex, WI on 11/03/2014
Reliable and friendly service
Service is always completely in a professional and efficient manner. They will let you know if you need anything replaced to keep your vehicle in top condition.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 10/29/2014
Review Created: 11/03/2014 06:51 AM
HONEST!!!!
I have a Range Rover and a target on my back I brought it in after hearing everything from a new engine to a water pump from other shops and it just seemed like I was getting lied to... I was right. Chuck heard the stories checked it out and it was only a worn out hose. You don't know what to believe and not to out there you have to educate yourself and use a little gut instinct. Your gut will tell you Chuck is running an honest shop and is going to treat you right
Service Date: 10/15/2014
Review Created: 10/29/2014 02:19 PM
BILL H. on 10/26/2014
Great Service!
Car was done on time as promised.
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 10/23/2014
Review Created: 10/26/2014 08:47 PM
AMY W. in Sussex, WI on 10/21/2014
Customer Service
Very organized and customer service is superb!!
Vehicle: Hyundai Santa Fe
Service Date: 09/24/2014
Review Created: 10/21/2014 06:25 AM
DARYL B. in Sussex, WI on 10/18/2014
Very fair on the price, always goes above and beyond.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Venture
Service Date: 10/17/2014
Review Created: 10/18/2014 07:54 PM
CHARLES D. on 10/10/2014
Good work Quick diagnostics
Your expensive but do good work.
Vehicle: Pontiac G6
Service Date: 10/08/2014
Review Created: 10/10/2014 08:09 PM
TOM W. in Pewaukee, WI on 09/05/2014
Chuck always takes care of me.
Chycks always makes things right. Their oick up & drop off service is great, They listen and take care of your car problems.
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
Service Date: 09/03/2014
Review Created: 09/05/2014 06:27 AM
DONALD F. in Sussex, WI on 08/29/2014
Fast, reliable service
While driving our vehicle the "check engine light" came on. We stopped at Chuck's on the way home and they were able to check out the problem and do the repair same day. Very friendly and efficient personnel.
Vehicle: Chrysler Town & Country
Vehicle: Buick LaCrosse
Service Date: 08/12/2014
Review Created: 08/13/2014 05:50 AM
Always good service
Using the web site, I got the appointment day & time requested & the necessary service . I was able to wait & be done in less than an hour.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 08/05/2014
Review Created: 08/06/2014 12:54 PM
KEN A. in Sussex, WI on 08/02/2014
great service.
Excellent service, as usual.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 08/01/2014
Review Created: 08/02/2014 12:03 PM
CHRIS G. in Sussex, WI on 07/28/2014
Chuck is so upfront and honest.
I've taken my cars to Chucks for about two years now. I just took one of my cars in for an oil change and asked Chuck to check and see why the car was making a knocking sound and why I could smell an odor coming from the engine. When I picked up the car Chuck explained exactly what he found. He also explained the cost for fixing the car and how important, or unimportant in this case, it was to fix the problem. Chuck also explained what I should be watching for to make sure the problem didn't get worse. Not knowing much about cars myself, Chuck could've easily got me to sink several hundred dollars into a minor repair on a 10-year-old vehicle.
Vehicle: Hyundai Santa Fe
Service Date: 07/28/2014
Review Created: 07/28/2014 11:44 PM
0 out of 5

Click a star to enter your rating. 5 stars is the highest.
What makes the place so great (or not) in just a few words.
format mm/dd/yyyy
About You
We only ever display the first letter of your last name.
By clicking on the button, you agree to the Terms of Service
Send a Message