Review for German Car Repair
Curtis L. on 09/26/2013
Curtis said the pre-purchase inspection showed that there were numerous issues that could have caused him not to purchase the vehicle. Once he purchased the vehicle he found that the information was false and the vehicle was absolutely beautiful. He would not recommend the business to anyone looking for a pre-purchase inspection.
Vehicle: Porsche 911
Category: Service
Service Date: 09/20/2013
Review Created: 09/26/2013
ALAN K. at German Car Repair responded on 09/28/2013

Curtis,

I'm not sure what the problem is here. Our report (copied from the invoice and pasted here for your review again) was as follows:
ON INSPECTION TECH FOUND THE FOLLOWING;VEHICLE HAS BEEN PAINTED.BOTH RT CV BOOTS TORN.WHEEL LOCKS MISSING.TRANS SHIFT SHAFT BOOT MISSING.SLIGHT ENGINE OIL LEAKS.FT HOOD STRUTS ARE WEAK.TRUNK LAMP IS INOP.INT LAMP INOP W/DOORS.INT LAMP IS LOOSE.NEEDS DOOR SWITCH COVERS.NO COMPRESSOR FOR SPARE TIRE.REAR WINDOW CRACKED AND COMING LOOSE, WILL NEED TOP.RUST AT RT DOOR SILL.NO MAINT RECORDS WITH VEH.LIGHTER IS MISSING.HEADLAMP DIMMER SWITCH WILL NOT FLASH.W/S WASHERS INOP.

This is a factual, objective, and accurate synopsis of the condition of the vehicle, and I invite you to take the car to the competent Porsche specialist of your choice for a second opinion. Obviously, as the buyer of the car, it's your money and your choice as to whether or not you purchase the car. Perhaps our standards are a little different, or your definition of "beautiful" allows for some faults here and there.

Our evaluation was objective, fair and accurate, and I stand by our report. I submit to you that had we given this vehicle a glowing report, and had you taken it elsewhere for a second opinion, or for regular service and these problems were found, then we would have deserved criticism. In this case, I believe that you're trying to shoot the messenger.

Alan Kidson.