Ron's Auto Repair Center

JACOB M. on 06/03/2015
"Bolt Replacement"
I checked my ford explorer in for an alignment, and what I assumed was going to be a bolt replacement on the front strut stabilizer. When I received the call about my vehicle, I was told that it needed $1,250.00 worth of repairs. After evaluating the necessity of these repairs, it was decided that only the stabilizer repair kit was necessary. By the time I received my bill, there were 5 charges: the sway bar repair kit (understandable) - $58.68, Shop Supplies (not sure why it would be this expensive) - $18.15, a car care inspection - $0.00, along with the labor of replacing the part (THERE IS LITERALLY A 4 MINUTE VIDEO ON HOW TO DO THIS ON YOUTUBE). So I don't understand how a professional needs $99.17 worth of time to replace them. Lastly, and most frustrating, I was charged $49.59 for the labor of diagnoses. The diagnoses that I provided initially when I provided the information that the front sway bar needed replaced? I don't understand how this charge is at all necessary or appropriate. After all of this, I spent $241.38 for someone to change one simple part, AND my car wasn't even aligned. I am beyond disappointed in my experience with Rons Auto Repair Center.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer
Service Date: 06/01/2015
Review Created: 06/03/2015 07:03 AM
Richard and L. at Ron's Auto Repair Center responded on 06/08/2015

Hello Jacob,  We're sorry you felt you had a negative experience with us.  Our goal is to be thorough in both the diagnosis and repair of all our customers' vehicles, which is why we take time in the beginning of our process to evaluate the vehicle and then explain all recommended repairs.  This is also why we must account for the amount of time our technicians put into the repair.  Please reach out to us at the shop if you have further concerns.  Thank you, Lisa and Richard

Cheryl L. on 03/05/2015
"Expensive estimate charge "
Did not appreciate the fee for an estimate or the price they quoted the repair to be. They did not tell me upfront they would charge me for the estimate. They also wanted to replace brand new parts in my engine without asking me. I ended up towing my car to another mechanic because of the price they quoted me.

I can say that they were helpful in providing me transportation to a car rental company though.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 03/03/2015
Review Created: 03/05/2015 08:12 PM
Richard and L. at Ron's Auto Repair Center responded on 03/10/2015

Hello Cheryl, We're sorry to hear that our estimate charge was not made clear to you. However, the charge was for the technician's time testing to figure out what was wrong with your vehicle.   We do strive to be upfront with our customers through every step of the vehicle repair process.  If you have further concerns, feel free to call the shop to discuss them.  Thank you, Lisa and Richard

Caitlin S. on 05/16/2014
"Rude/ over priced"
Took my car in for a new starter. Did not tell me they were running diagnostics which cost me $75 until they had already done it. Tilde me of numerous other "problems" tried to charge me $460 to put a new starter in which seemed high. My boyfriend called to ask about the price breakdown and the mechanic was really rude to him saying my boyfriend didn't need to bother getting a breakdown if the plan was to take it somewhere else. After that we DID take it elsewhere. Car x was super nice and had it done within the hour of dropping it off! Cost me just under $290 for labor, part, and tax. Glad I took my car somewhere else.
Vehicle: Ford Taurus
Service Date: 05/14/2014
Review Created: 05/16/2014 10:29 PM
Iman T. on 08/09/2013
"Overpriced quote"
Firstly charging $40 for just a quick check up of the car which I had already pointed out where the issue was is a rip off.
My front strut mount was broke and in your quote not only labor is way over priced, the sway bar links which were fine were put down for replacement.
Also the issue with the noise was in the CV axle but you just went with the easiet choice which was the strut.
Overall a much over the top quote, charge double for parts which can be purchased across the street and like most places not fair.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 07/03/2013
Review Created: 08/09/2013 06:49 AM
Keith W. on 06/12/2013
Keith said he had engine trouble. They changed the spark plugs and a few other things for $360. He did not get a receipt, so he does not know exactly what they did. The problem was not fixed. He would not recommend them based on this experience. Another place fixed his vehicle for another $320 and the problem was in an air flow sensor.
Vehicle: Oldsmobile Aurora