Ron's Auto Repair Center

Kaitlyn O. on 11/23/2016
"Overpriced parts "
We had always been treated fairly, and we really appreciated the free ride service they offered, but the moment we were charged $230 for what should have been a $60 part, we decided we need to get our car serviced elsewhere. It is a pity that even Ron's Auto is also capable of ripping off its customers.
Vehicle: Dodge Stratus
Service Date: 11/17/2016
Review Created: 11/23/2016 03:29 PM
Kevin C. on 09/04/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Came in for an oil change, told I needed a "tune up""
I took my car in for an oil change at this shop around 8/25/16. I had a Check Engine Light on, and asked them if they could scan the code while they were working on it, which they agreed to. Everything went smoothly, but then whoever I was speaking with mentioned that my plugs and ignition coils looked original and should be replaced, which he quoted at around $350 I believe. However, I had replaced two of the coils myself, as well as the spark plugs, about 10k miles previously. It should have been pretty obvious at least that 2 of the coils were new, as they were Hitchachi coils, and looked a little different that the originals.

I was hoping I'd found a good mechanic locally here in Ames, but it seems that isn't the case. Hopefully it was just a mix up, but seemed like they were just trying to sell me unnecessary maintenance.
Review Created: 09/04/2016 10:49 AM
Richard and L. at Ron's Auto Repair Center responded on 09/08/2016

Sorry, for the miscommunication. We appreciate your feedback.

Isaac Y. on 05/04/2016
Spoke with Ron. He said he would recommend the business but he feels they broke the air conditioning in his vehicle as a light in his vehicle is blinking. He will be calling the business.
Vehicle: Toyota Avalon
Service Date: 04/29/2016
Review Created: 05/04/2016
Richard and L. at Ron's Auto Repair Center responded on 06/14/2016

We're sorry to hear you were not pleased with us.  Your feedback will help us.

Jason S. on 04/29/2016
"Good, but incomplete."
I got some of the things taken care of all right, but with one of the issues the mechanic (Adam?) said it was fixed when they looked at it, but it was not as I found out on my ride home. The last time my wife brought the car in they said they did an oil change but in fact did not. I guess they do good work when they do it, it is just inconsistent and they treat you like they're so busy they don't have time to answer questions or do the job properly.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 04/26/2016
Review Created: 04/29/2016 06:29 AM
Richard and L. at Ron's Auto Repair Center responded on 06/14/2016

We're sorry to hear you were not pleased with us.  Your feedback will help us.

Steve G. on 03/11/2016
Steve said the prices at this business were too expensive.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 03/08/2016
Review Created: 03/11/2016
Richard and L. at Ron's Auto Repair Center responded on 03/31/2016

We are sorry you feel our prices are too expensive, however brake caliper repairs I agree are an expensive but necessary repair and there are differences in the quality of parts.  Sorry we did not meet your expectations.

Carmen K. on 12/11/2015
Carmen said the service provided by this business was extremely overpriced.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 12/04/2015
Review Created: 12/11/2015
Richard and L. at Ron's Auto Repair Center responded on 01/08/2016

Thank you for leaving a review! We’re sorry your recent experience didn’t match you expectations. We needed to spend time in giving you an accurate diagnoses of your car and we're sorry that the diagnoses was a head gasket, in which that is an extremely costly major repair. Don't hesitate to call us if you have any questions!

Justin J. on 10/10/2014
Justin said he took his vehicle in for service informing the business that it felt his vehicle was pulling from the rear. They proceeded to change the front axle boot, saying it had a leak and charged $932 for service. Thirty minutes after he left, he notified the business that this did not fix the problem. The business had him return and proceeded to change the friction monitor fluid even though he informed them he had this service performed two weeks prior. They said Ford had a special friction fluid and that it was likely not used when he had it changed. They did not charge him but it did not work. On the third visit they finally looked at the rear axle and the clutch pack needed to be changed, which cost $652. He would not recommend the business for service due to the fact if they would have checked the rear axle as first suggested he would have only spent $652 and not $1,584 on the repairs.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 09/15/2014
Review Created: 10/10/2014
Richard and L. at Ron's Auto Repair Center responded on 10/15/2014

Sorry, you feel that way, but your vehicle had multiple noises. Our business takes care of and inspects the whole vehicle. To chase one noise when there are multiple noises is difficult.  All these repair were total jusified. We are just sorry that it took three visits.  Each of these visits this customer used our vehicle to drive to and from work.

Jerry M. on 12/17/2012
Jerry said he thinks he is vehicle is still leaking water and he has to bring it back in. He would not recommend this business for service because he doesn't think they fixed his vehicle.
Vehicle: Cadillac DeVille