Overall Rating 3.5/5Overall Rating 3.5/5Overall Rating 3.5/5rating 3.5rating 3.5
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
John C. ReScore Review on 06/16/2016
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Happy with repairs"
Thanks for fixing the problems I had after my previous visit. I'm satisfied with the repairs now. Thanks for all the printouts you provided. I'm keeping an eye on the oil now.
Service Date: 04/11/2016
Review Created: 05/14/2016 04:23 PM

"Questionable service......."
After my last service I started having trouble with my power steering. I thought it was just the new belt but it got worse. When I checked under the hood I found that the power steering fluid container had not been reattached and was flopping around empty and rubbing on the new belt. I reattached the container filled it with fluid and it works fine now but I think it leaks now I just had to refill it. My engine oil started coming on whenever I turned a corner. It started getting worse so I checked the oil today and found nothing on the stick. What's up Ben? Am I missing something or is this what I think?
Service Date: 04/11/2016
Review Created: 05/14/2016 04:23 PM
Ben B. at Wrench Auto Service responded on 06/16/2016

Hi John,

I am very sorry for the hassle of having a problem with your Honda right after we fixed it. I hope our follow up and warranty repairs are acceptable. Thank you for your business and thank you for contacting me about the problem with the repairs that were performed.
Sincerely,

Ben Beere - Wrench Auto Service

Ted K. ReScore Review on 08/27/2013
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Got your VM"
Yes I got your message and I didn't see the point in calling you back. I know it's hard to give someone an estimate without seeing the damage.

Once I had your estimate though I felt I couldn't go else where without paying you for the inspection and then having them do the work. That would have probably cost me more than your quote so I had you do the work. Yes I made an assumption, that's on me.

You did what you said you were going to at the price you quoted me and it wasn't over inflated. Thank you!
Am I very happy or very satisfied? No
Was I impressed with your staff or their treatment of me? No
Can I recommend your place? Maybe I don't get that as an option. Sorry
Will I come back? ...
Vehicle: Chevrolet S10 Pickup
Service Date: 08/21/2013
Review Created: 08/23/2013 02:35 PM

"Just not happy"
When the estimate for $300 the total bill should be for $800 without warning. They could have given us a worse case scenario estimate then there wouldn't have been a surprise ending.
Vehicle: Chevrolet S10 Pickup
Service Date: 08/21/2013
Review Created: 08/23/2013 02:35 PM
Ben B. at Wrench Auto Service responded on 08/27/2013

Ted,  I am sorry you feel this way and sometimes it can be difficult to give an accurate estimate without physically seeing the vehicle first.
When you called and requested a price quote, over the phone, for replacing the rear brake pads & rotors, I did not know the rear brake calipers were seized and the rear brake hoses were badly cracked. Once we inspected the brake system, I called you with the updated information before performing any repairs. You then gave me verbal authorization to complete the repairs.
I have tried contacting you via phone to discuss this matter, but had to leave a VM message. Please contact me if you are having any problems with your brakes or if you have any further questions about the repairs.

Thank you very much for your business.

Ben Beere

Bill R. on 04/22/2017
"Black licorice"
Keurig. Coffee and black licorice. Need flat screen TV for Ben.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 04/21/2017
Review Created: 04/22/2017 04:45 AM
Robin G. on 04/21/2017
"Fixed tire quickly"
We had a flat on our minivan. Wrench got us in right away, determined that the old tire couldn't be fixed, and got an exact replacement in one day. There were very friendly and explained exactly why our tire couldn't be repaired.
Vehicle: Toyota Sienna
Service Date: 04/19/2017
Review Created: 04/21/2017 06:57 AM
Dave P. on 04/21/2017
Dave said this business did what they said they would do. They are great guys and they do great work.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 03/29/2017
Review Created: 04/21/2017
John A. on 04/19/2017
John said this business fixed his vehicle up, and did not give him any trouble. They were good about it.
Vehicle: Subaru Legacy
Service Date: 03/30/2017
Review Created: 04/19/2017
Kris L. on 04/18/2017
Kris said this facility is great. They are very informative, helpful and they do their best.
Vehicle: Mazda 626
Service Date: 04/12/2017
Review Created: 04/18/2017
Jon H. on 04/15/2017
Jon said they did what they said they would do and the charge was fairly good.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cobalt
Service Date: 04/13/2017
Review Created: 04/15/2017
Andrew W. on 04/08/2017
"Awesome as usual"
These guys are the best. Always good work and they never will do any fixes you don't need.
Service Date: 04/07/2017
Review Created: 04/08/2017 07:24 AM
Lisa D. on 04/02/2017
"Same Day Service"
I was able to get a same-day service for my vehicle, when experiencing vehicle trouble.
Vehicle: GMC Acadia
Service Date: 03/31/2017
Review Created: 04/02/2017 05:30 AM
Brad C. on 04/01/2017
"Great service"
Had much of the suspension system replaced. Reid did a great job helping me evaluate my options.
Vehicle: Dodge Dakota
Service Date: 03/30/2017
Review Created: 04/01/2017 02:52 PM
John E. on 03/31/2017
"Best Car Repair in Madison/Middleton"
I always take my cars and family members cars to Wrench. They are honest, professional and someone I can count on when cars need repairing or service. They are by far the best guys you need to know. They have always taken great care for me for at least the last 7 or 8 years I have been going to them. They fix what is needed and always check and let you know about upcoming service due. I wish more people were like Ben and Reed. They are my go to guys when it comes to cars. They have never disappointed me and I trust them with their word. They are as good as Gold. Thanks Wrench for taking such good care of my cars and I would recommend them to you if you haven't had the pleasure of having your car in their shop. They are First Class, Fair, Honest and Best of all Component. Qualities hard to find these days.
Service Date: 03/29/2017
Review Created: 03/31/2017 08:55 AM
Samantha W. on 03/31/2017
Samantha said the business explained everything to her. They do not try to take advantage of her.
Vehicle: Pontiac Vibe
Service Date: 03/02/2017
Review Created: 03/31/2017
Nicholas D. on 03/27/2017
Nicholas said he would recommend this business for service.
Service Date: 01/30/2017
Review Created: 03/27/2017
Ross T. on 03/27/2017
Ross said this business provided him with good service at a good price.
Service Date: 03/23/2017
Review Created: 03/27/2017
Fritz S. on 03/18/2017
Fritz said the business is very good, and they provide quality work.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado
Service Date: 03/16/2017
Review Created: 03/18/2017
Charles D. on 02/25/2017
Charles said this business takes care of him.
Vehicle: Ford Taurus
Service Date: 02/21/2017
Review Created: 02/25/2017
David P. on 02/23/2017
David said they completed the work he asked them to do, at a reasonable cost.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 02/21/2017
Review Created: 02/23/2017
Brett S. on 02/13/2017
Brett said they provided good service, good prices, and everyone was nice.
Vehicle: GMC Acadia
Service Date: 01/31/2017
Review Created: 02/13/2017
Tejumola O. on 02/11/2017
"Great work!"
Changed two bad bulbs. Prompt service.
Vehicle: Volvo V70