Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

San Marcos, CA
Toyota Land Cruiser
09/22/2018
Toyota go-to repair shop
For a lot of years Steve and his crew have kept my Toyotas on the road. My trucks aren't shiny brand new, and suffer from hard use and abuse, but I've never had a bad experience at Alternative Auto.

RF
RYAN F.
09/13/2018
Still best place in town for our Japanese cars
Service is prompt and reasonably priced. Omar and Steve make it a pleasure and easy.

NH
Nina H.
Valley Center, CA
09/13/2018 Category: Service
Nina said this is the only business that works on her vehicle.

Lexus ES 350
09/10/2018
Appreciate your knowledge of cars and honesty.
You’ve maintained one of my cars for over 250.000 miles.
Thanks!
Appreciate your work very much.
Mike

JE
Janice E.
California
Toyota Land Cruiser
09/08/2018 Category: Service
Janice said she went in with a set of problems and this business gave her several options to help her solve them.

MARY W.
Fallbrook, CA
09/07/2018
Reliable Automotive
As has been our experience in the past AA does a great job and when there were unforeseen circumstances they provided a rental car and generously extended no cost labor charge for an unexpected service !!
Great communication , great service, great customer service.

CJ
CAROLYN J.
Lexus RX 400h
09/06/2018
Excellent automotive and customer care!
I've been using Alternative Automotive for my 2007 Lexus Hybrid for 5+ years and couldn't be happier with the service and the personal attention I receive. They are HONEST, even to sending me to the dealership for an expensive recall that I didn't know about and would have paid them to do, efficient, knowledgeable and friendly. I highly recommend giving them a try.

RK
RICHARD K.
09/05/2018
Excellent Service Continues!
Steve’s Alternative Auto has serviced my vehicles for over 25 years. I trust every aspect of his business. Omar is an excellent service manager who appreciates his customers and articulately explains the car’s needs and costs.

RL
RUDY L.
Toyota Supra
09/03/2018
Great Customer service and quality work
Good customer service

RP
RON P.
08/30/2018
Routine Maintenance
We had our RAV4 in for servicing yesterday, as always ... service was excellent and done within allotted time. We even "added-on" something, and it was done quickly and happily. They are professional, friendly and are a place you can TRUST.

CA
Cristina A.
San Diego, CA
Lexus ES 300h
08/27/2018 Category: Service
Cristina said they are always top of the line. Mario's work is always perfect.

CD
Cathy D.
08/25/2018 Category: Service
Cathy said she has been going to this business for years. The staff members are friendly and they do not try to sell her something that her vehicle does not need. The office in this business is clean, and that is very important.

DEBORAH H.
Mercury Grand Marquis
08/14/2018
Great service and clear explanation for work needed.
This auto service place is great. Omar gives clear explanations for work that is needed or not needed on my car.
The guys get the work done in a timely manner and the prices are very reasonable. I have recommended Alternative Automotive to both family members and friends and they have had the same great service.

TH
TERRY H.
Toyota Avalon
08/13/2018
Efficient and accurate service
They performed the third 90k service on my old Toyota Avalon. They were finished in a day and did an excellent job, as usual. I have been using Alternative Automotive for years. I have never been upsold or miss-led. I really appreciate the free rental car while the car is in the shop. This is an outstanding establishment that is honest and fair.

Mari B.
08/09/2018 Category: Service
Mari said Oscar was very helpful when she needed it.

EB
ERWIN B.
Vista, CA
08/08/2018
Great Place
I have been using the service of Alternative Automotive for almost three years for my Toyota Highlander and my Mazda DX/LX after years been serviced by car Dealers only. This excellent mechanical shop, fully licensed for Lexus models and German cars, and by extension for many others models as well, offers high quality mechanical services at the most minimal acceptable prices never found in San Diego county. I highly recommend this Christian Place to anyone looking for best of the best quality job at the most affordable cost, as result of honesty and integrity service. Thank you again to owner Steve Rabideau, his professional manager Omar, and to one of the many great mechanics there, Daniel, for making run my Toyota Highlander again as a new one.
Erwin A Borda

RT
RUTH T.
Lexus IS 250
08/02/2018
Great experience
Steve and Omar are reliable, professional and always do good job on my car. I would highly recommend them.

JOHN S.
Lexus LS 430
07/26/2018
Steve and his crew are the BEST
Alternative Automotive with Steve, Omar and the crew have been servicing our Lexus LS 430 and RX 350 for 15 years and they’ve always been very professional, honest and excellent in their trade! I wouldn’t go anywhere else! We can’t recomnend them highly enough!! John & Marjorie S

SF
SHERRY F.
Hyundai Tucson
07/25/2018
Alternative Automotive
Thanks so much. This shop was able to get my car in and finished in a timely manner. They were friendly and professional, and made me feel very secure in the knowledge that they will repair my car only as necessary and affordably.

Michelle B.
Yorba Linda, CA
07/24/2018 Category: Service
Michelle said the staff was rude and provided no customer service. She misread the vehicle computer and only needed gas. The facility closed and didn't offer her transportation to the gas station.