Aspen Auto Clinic - Tutt

Overall Rating 1.3333333/5rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333

SL
Sandy L.
07/31/2019
Did everything they could
Had problem with my VW Jetta hatchback lock. They diagnosed problem ordered and installed new part. Programed it. Some functions didnt program. Aspen went above and beyond to fix problem including taking it to VW and paid for this.

K M.
02/27/2019
Misinformed multiple times and tried to take the easy way out
Long story short, I wanted to replace the rear shocks and strut mounts on my vehicle. I supplied my own struts and asked Aspen Auto if they would install them. They told me over the phone to come on by for a free estimate and be sure to bring the struts I wanted installed on my car, so they can inspect the and determine if they wanted to do the job. Mind you these were brand new in the box OEM replacement Koni struts. They inspected my vehicle and the struts and said that they could do the job that very day and that it would be ready by the time they closed at 6.

I received a call about 30 minutes before they closed stating that they couldn't get the struts to fit on my car. They invited me to come by the shop and look. I arrived and they showed me the issue, which I thought was odd as this is a stock vehicle with OEM direct replacement struts. They assured me that they would reach out to me in the morning with an update. After waiting a few hours after they had opened the next day, and not hearing any updates from the shop, (which was a pattern), I called.

I spoke with the adviser and she stated that it was a long day yesterday and they had now figured out how to make the Koni struts work. She than stated to me that they would have to order the dust cover boots for the vehicle and they would be OEM Honda boots (vehicle is a Honda civic) and that they would be ordering Moog strut mounts. I was fine with this. I pick up the car later that day after they had closed and immediately notice that the shaft of the strut is not fully covered by the Honda boot that they said would fit. This concerned me as the boot not covering the shaft fully would allow dirt and moisture to get on the shaft and wear out the strut prematurely.
I called Koni the next day and stated the above to them.

They stated that the strut was designed to use the OEM boot, which Aspen said they had used and I shouldn't be seeing any of the shaft. I then called Aspen told them this and the adviser (who I worked with the whole time) said just bring it on my on by Monday as I have a 3/36k warranty on the labor, not the struts (due to me supplying them). Later that day (Friday), I was able to reach up and slide the boot to the top of the strut, therefore leading me to believe that there were no issues with the strut boot, but they just simply didn't clamp it properly to the top of the strut.

I called aspen and told them this. Later on Monday (02/25/19) I again had to call the shop to receive an update on my car. The same adviser that I had been working with since day one, stated that it was normal for the boot not to cover the whole shaft due to it being "mixed matched parts." I stated to her my conversation with Koni and she again defaulted back to her statement about the mixed parts and then told me that the boots on my car were Moog not Honda. I stated that is not what I was informed of last week on 02/21/19). She continued on with the statement that I must have misunderstood her. She then went on to say that she was doing me a favor, as I had no warranty with Aspen as I had supplied the struts.

I stated to her that this is the first I have heard of me not having a warranty and I understand about the struts not being covered because I supplied them, but the boots and labor should be covered has they did the install and supplied them. She than denied that I had warranty again, even though she said on the phone the previous day that I can bring the car in because I have a 3/36k warranty on the labor.
At this point I have caught this employee in a lie two times. On what parts were put on my car and what type of warranty coverage I have. I stated that I would like to talk to her manager, which I did. I again explained the above to the manager, but at first he kept cutting me off and tried to tell me his side. I stated to him that I was the customer and I should be allowed to tell my side of the story first, he then

can address my concerns, and then he can tell me his side. The manager then went onto say "stop trying to act tough with me "and I stated that I wasn't, I was just trying to get an issue revolved and explain how his employee had lied to me multiple times. The manager then went on to say that he regretted authorizing putting the struts I supplied on, when come to find out later, it was his shop that just simply didn’t even know how to install them correctly.

After the above was resolved, he agreed to make it right and did tell me that I have a warranty on labor, which the initial adviser stated I did not. I then went on to tell the manager that I felt that the dust boot was the correct one and it just needed to be clamped on. He said he would relay this information to his shop foreman and the foreman would contact me.

The foreman then called me soon after and stated to me that they were going to order three different types of strut boots and measure them to make sure they were the right ones. I then again (now to the third person) stated to him that I was able to reach up and extend the boot on my own and it just needed to be clamped. He then laughed and stated that he was not aware of this and that the adviser and manager had not told him this. He then called me back 45 min later and said that the bump stops were put on upside down by his shop, causing the lip of the bump stop to be facing the ground, therefore not allowing the boot to grasp the top of the bump stop, this is why it was falling down. The foreman was the only person who gave me updates on my car and understood the problem.

After dealing with three different people and me telling them what the problem was the whole time (the boot just needing to be secured at the top), it was the shop that had installed the parts incorrectly the whole time and they tried to take the easy way out when I brought up an issue by blaming "mixed matched parts” and then lied about what parts they had put on and what my warranty status was. The issue was not the parts, it was the shop the whole time not knowing how to install the struts properly.

When I went to pick up my vehicle on 02/25/19, all I was told by the initial adviser I had been working with multiple times was that "all I have to do is give you your keys." Not a sorry we put on your parts incorrectly, not a sorry for blaming the parts, not a sorry for lying about what parts were on my car, nothing. But her giving me my keys. The shop did ultimately fix the issue, but after they tried to weasel out of it because I brought my own struts and I had to call multiple people. My hat is off to the shop foreman, the other two have to work on their customer service, which was poor. The shop warrants two stars, because they did ultimately fix the issue after multiple trips and the shop foreman was a stand-up guy. But why did it have to escalate so far? All the initial adviser had to do, was not blame her quote of the day as mixed matched parts and listen to what I was trying to tell her.

It is too bad that they couldn't just give me a simple apology, that's all I wanted. After all, it was their install job that was the issue the whole time. I guess their customer’s time doesn't matter to them.

MA
Mark A.
12/11/2018
Friendly staff, but they will go deep into your pocket book for simple repairs!
Took my F-250 in as engine would not start, told staff of repairs I had already made, they spent quiet some time doing their own diagnosis, found part that needed replacing, charged me over 160.00 more for part than I could have paid at local ford dealership. Their hourly shop rates were higher than any shop I had contacted, but reviews were decent on this shop so I rolled the dice, bad decision! Will never Aspen auto clinic for any further repairs!

JV
John V.
Peyton, CO
11/23/2018
Excellent service.
The mechanic who replaced our electric window motor /regulator worked through his lunch. We were able to go home in a very reasonable amount of time. Our window works grest! Thank you!

RT
Rob T.
11/07/2018
Grateful
I went to aspen today after calling many places on getting my broken rear shock on my Nissan Xterra. I have been to Aspen in the past and have always received top notch service. When i called aspen, not only could they fix the part today, but they have such an amazing warranty that they are covering the shock they put in almost 5 years ago; and they could get the work done today. Im so grateful for aspen auto and the time and care they gave me; extra thanks to Diane Defeo for her exemplary customer service! Choose Aspen auto, you won’t be disappointed

RD
Rob D.
09/14/2018
Always helpful
Aspen always does a great job.

SL
Sandra L.
05/26/2018
Pleasant professional people and decent prices
Came in for oil leak on VE Jetta 2009. Was greeted pleasantly and paperwork completed fast. Short wait for shuttle to take me home.

Needed part from Denver to complete my repair-gasket. Repair completed next day for fair price.

Only complaint is I had to call them for updates on my car. I think the service person should have called me with updates.

AE
ANDERS E.
Volvo S40
12/23/2015
Anders
They did a costly but great job.
Very reliable.

BC
Bill C.
Mazda Protege5
12/23/2015 Category: Service
Bill said the service provided by this business ended up costing a lot of money and he had to keep returning.

AH
Amy H.
12/19/2015 Category: Service
Amy said this business has great costumer service.

Malia M.
12/18/2015 Category: Service
Malia said this business provides good service at a low price. The employees at this business know how to take care of their customers.

SG
SCOTT G.
Westcliffe, CO
12/17/2015
Professional resolution
Matt did a good job of addressing my concerns and resolving the problem with the left axle. I feel like Aspen Auto work hard to make things right. Thank you very much

12/17/2015
Incompetent mechanic and poor communication
Had a left axle seal leaking. Waited all day long for a phone call regarding the repair. At 5:30pm I finally called to find out what was going on and Pat said " We've got a problem. The mechanic got the seal repaired but stripped the axle nut so we've ordered a new axle and when it comes in we'll get it fixed for you". Then he ordered in a right axle instead of left (failed to communicate that until I called him), they did not change the transmission fluid (I called back for another appointment and made a separate trip to have that done at my suggestion, the fluid was smoky dark). After a week I got my car back. I live outside of Co Spgs and had to find another car to get home. When I drove the car I immediately noticed a low pitched whirring sound associated with the axle. Now, 2 months and 2300 miles later, the warning lights for 4WD and variable speed control are on constantly. I'm a patient and forgiving man and that is why I didn't complain about all this initially, but now that I suspect further damage due to the improperly installed axle, I need to say something.
Greg B. from Aspen Auto Clinic - Tutt responded on 12/22/2015

Scott,

Thank you again for coming in yesterday and allowing us to address all of your concerns in full. Here at Aspen we aim to keep things above board and hope that you would agree.

Sincerely,
Matt

Brian S.
GMC Envoy
12/17/2015 Category: Service
Brian said the employees at this business did a wonderful job working on his vehicle.

Chris H.
BMW 528xi
12/15/2015 Category: Service
Chris said when he brought his vehicle in, he did not have any leaks. They told him they found two leaks which he thought was odd.

John S.
12/10/2015 Category: Service
John said this business got the vehicle ready when promised and did what needed to be done for the price anticipated.

MARCY M.
Peyton, CO
Nissan Quest
Honest and trustworthy
Took my car there on a recomendation and am so happy I did. This is my new mechanic.

MARC G.
GMC Yukon
Very Disappointed
Did not like how we were treated, constantly tried to talk us into work we did not want done and when we left the check engine light came back on 2 days after the work was done. Then when I called about their "warrantied" work... was told we would be charged another 99 dollar diagnostic fee to do said warrantied work. They hooked us in for over 6000 dollars worth of work between our 2 vehicles and NEITHER are fixed properly... will never go back nor recommend them to anyone!!! Have talked to other mechanics and have been told we were WAAYYYYY overcharged!!!!

VP
VANCE P.
Prius mystery
Cannot say enough about your honesty, integrity, dedication, and trying to make something work in the face of puzzling odds.
We took our Prius to Aspen Auto Clinic due to "check engine" light. The code seemed to suggest that it had something to do with the hybrid cooling system. Aspen Auto worked and worked on this and spent a tremendous amount of time. Finally, nothing definitive could be determined. Aspen Auto devoted a lot of time and effort on this problem and refused to charge anything. We could not believe their kindness and honesty. They are our only auto clinic!!!

TIM S.
Aspen Auto Clinic Service
The lead, receptionist, courtesy driver and mechanic were all very polite and pleasant. I felt that the cost of the repairs to my vehicle was very reasonable and when a minor uncompleted part of the repair was not done they did not hesitate to attend to the matter.

Denise H.
12/05/2015 Category: Service
Denise said she was pleased with the service provided by this business.