BOB H.
Volvo XC90
02/06/2018
Buyer Beware, ask questions and get 2+ estimates.
Took my wife's 2005 Volvo XC 90 in because the brakes felt funny when we stopped. After they looked at the car they called and said the car needed extensive work as the lower control arms were bad and the engine mounts were worn out. The repair was going to be $1202.25. They didn't mention the brakes. I was in shock. Number 1, I didn't ask about the suspension and number 2, we are almost 80 and live solely on Social Security. Then I asked what was wrong with the brakes. They said brakes were OK, suspension arm movement made it feel funny while stopping. Now I'm confused which is not normal because I had a car repair shop for 10 years as well as growing up in my fathers shop. So I ask is it safe to drive and the answer was "OH sure, no problem" . It seems the worst case is the suspension will eventually make noise when going over bumps, the motor mounts are no big deal. Now the kicker. I disregard the motor mounts as presently uneccessary and with my automotive background driving me I look up the parts and the labor for the suspension on Line. The parts and labor would be a little over $400 by the Chiltons repair manual and a local parts store...........................I'm still shopping for a repair shop. I never used upselling and don't respect anyone that does. There are better ways to present issues with your car. Being upfront and explaining about potential problems down the road would allow someone to put furure repairs in their budget and fix only what is absolutely necessary.

ST
SHARON T.
04/13/2017
Very good service
I have used Auto Tech a number of times and always found the service to be done well, explained well and documented well.

AR
Anonymous R.
09/15/2016
Would never recommend them. Car would have not been on time, they would have ripped me off
They charge $100 an hr for labor and over charge for parts & they also charge a supply cost of $200. I have never heard if such a thing. I'm glad I picked up my car and brought it someone else. Don't waste your time. Totally a ripped off. Business is not good.

Jade F.
03/04/2015 Category: Service
Jade said she does not trust the business anymore. After she picked up her vehicle, her engine light came on and then within a couple of hours, it stopped working altogether. The employee she was meeting on a Saturday showed up an hour late and then could not explain anything to her. He would not tell her if she had a warranty on her transmission. She would not recommend them to others because of the reasons mentioned.