Jeff M.
Woonsocket, RI
07/25/2018 Category: Service
Spoke with Jeff's Wife. She said that she had to go back to the business to get her money back due to the business not doing the repairs correctly. Her husband had to come to her aid on the side of the road and essentially took apart everything that the business had done and put it back together correctly.

Matt B.
Churchville, MD
08/14/2017 Category: Service
Matt said this was the third time he has brought his vehicle in for the same issue. He is hoping this is the last time.
Chris W. from Bel Air Auto Service responded on 09/26/2017

Matt, goodmorning. I am very sorry about your experience at the shop! Sometimes (not often) we make mistakes. Hopefull your leak issue is resolved!
With deepest regard,
Chris Woodie

MT
Mike T.
Bel Air, MD
Chevrolet Uplander
07/23/2016 Category: Service
Mike said the air conditioner is not working and he spent $1,900 and it is still blowing hot air. They want him to replace the whole system. He will not recommend for reasons stated.
Chris W. from Bel Air Auto Service responded on 08/02/2016

Mike thanks😁, I got mikes vehicle back in and verified that the system works ok... It has a black interior and takes about 10-20 minutes to cool down.. IT WORKS PROPERLY. Also recc him getting some tint or a shade to keep the sun from baking the black interior, especially for the windshield and front 2 doors.

LV
Lindsey V.
Joppa, MD
07/20/2016
RIP OFF!!!!
My experience was horrible!! At first it seemed ok. My car wouldn't start and I figured it was the starter. $300 later it was fixed. 2 1/2 months later it all of a sudden wouldn't start again. When taken back to the shop I was told I would need a new computer module and that would be $1000. I ordered the part from a friend who got me a discounted price and had someone else install it. After installation of that, it still wouldn't start. After tapping on the starter, it started right up. Then we tried it a few more times and it worked a few and didn't work a few. My husband called and had it taken back up to the shop thinking it was a bad starter. So the starter was replaced again. It started and my husband drove it home. 20 minutes after he got home, we tried to go to the store, it started, we pulled out of the parking spot and it died. Tried a few more times and nothing, yet again!!! My husbands uncle wanted us to take it to his guy at this point, so we did. After a few tries, it started up and he was able to drive it to the new guy. He evaluated it and told us that it was the ignition switch. So it wasn't the starter and it wasn't the computer module so I'm out over $600 for nothing!!!!!!!!! Who's going to pay me pack for that. Honest mechanics are hard to find and these guys are not it. Either they are trying to get something over on me because I'm a woman and don't know much about cars, or they are just that stupid that they couldn't figure out the actual problem. They would have figured it out had they actually run the diagnostic test like they said they did, but didn't.
Chris W. from Bel Air Auto Service responded on 07/21/2016

Ok, 1st off, I'm sorry we misdiagnosed your vehicle, it's not always as easy as you think. And sure, call us stupid and rip offs if you like, too many other MEN AND WOMAN know otherwise !!
2nd if the ignition switch was faulty the first time it wouldn't have lasted 2.5 months with zero issues...
3rd, I charged you zero (paid) for $300 in tow bills and also replaced the starter per your husbands request because a mechanic friend of yours said its the starter...it started with out issue 12x at the shop, we did it anyway.
4th, you have a battery warehouse battery that is defective (your husband has the readout) so if you haven't alraady, REPLACE IT WITH A GOOD QUALITY CORRECT BATTERY.. Napa has the right one.
5th, I'll refund you your money from the 1st time and you can search elsewhere for an honest mechanic.. WE ARE COMPLETELY HONEST -- THERE IS NO QUESTION WITH THAT!!!
Again, I'm sorry we misdiagnosed your vehicle! Also ,I'd prefer a phone call. I had a respectful conversation with your husband and told him if there are any issues call me.. Obviously he and or you didn't. I'm sorry but this is an unfair assessment of my company. I'll call you tomorrow and issue a credit to your bank card or come in and I'll give you a check. Thanks!
CHRIS WOODIE OWNER/PRESIDENT BEL AIR AUTO SERVICE INC.

Robert C.
Fallston, MD
Ford Bronco
07/22/2015 Category: Service
Spoke with George. He said they were one day late and they overcharged him. He would not recommend for reasons stated.
Chris W. from Bel Air Auto Service responded on 07/29/2015

This guy is completely unreasonable, didn't have an appointment, his truck is an antique, parts weren't readily available, also, he agreed to the price prior to picking up his vehicle. He obviously doesn't understand that a business survives by making a profit on PARTS AND LABOR. I DONT CARE IF HE EVER COMES BACK, HE IS NOT A VALUBLE CUSTOMER AND IF YOU WISH TO POST THIS PLEASE DO, BUT IF YOU ONLY POST HIS COMMENT I WILL DROP SURE CRITIC WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT

TH
Tamrat H.
Fallston, MD
03/13/2014 Category: Service
Tamrat said he went to this business to have his brake light changed. They gave him an estimate of $180 because it had a rusted screw. They told him they had to change the whole compartment. He walked down the street to another business and they replaced the light for $11. That should not be how they make their money. This was not the first time they gave him an unreasonable price. They should value their customers and treat them better than this. He will not recommend them for the reasons mentioned.