Overall Rating 1.6/5Overall Rating 1.6/5Overall Rating 1.6/5Overall Rating 1.6/5Overall Rating 1.6/5

Grandville, MI
2013 Hyundai Tucson
07/21/2021 Category: Service
Always call ahead, even when hours are clearly posted
Make sure to call ahead to make sure the service department will be open during the open hours posted on their website and on their door. They may have staffing issues that result in unposted closed hours.
John O., Parts and Service Director from Betten Baker Hyundai responded on 07/22/2021

The Saturday issue is on me and I sincerely apologize.  Yes, we are having some issues with enough people to cover and I'm trying to be open as many Saturday mornings as possible.  It is difficult to post something like that online, regardless, that is on me.  I am going to send back the 40.00 we charged for diagnosis.  It is the least I can do to try and help cover some of a wasted trip and some fuel expense.  I agree with you in theory about the engine issue but there is no warranty after 100,000 for an original owner and no extended warranty from Hyundai to cover an engine replacement.

Jacob B.
2020 Hyundai Kona
07/10/2021 Category: Service
Kind, sincere service
Professional, prompt, service oriented.
JO
John O., Parts and Service Director from Betten Baker Hyundai responded on 07/12/2021

Thank you for taking time to review our Hyundai Service operation. We truly appreciate your business here, the nice comments, [and] the 5 star review you gave us!

Joyce B.
Spring Lake, MI
2021 Hyundai Veloster
07/09/2021 Category: Service
I had a great experience.
JO

Thank you for taking time to review our Hyundai Service operation. We truly appreciate your business here, the kind comments, [and] the 5 star review you gave us!

LP
Lawrence P.
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe
07/08/2021 Category: Service
oil change
service was friendly and excellent
JO
John O., Parts and Service Director from Betten Baker Hyundai responded on 07/09/2021

Thank you for taking time to review our Hyundai Service operation. We truly appreciate your business here, [and] the 5 star review you gave us!

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
06/28/2021 Category: Service
Great Service!
As always, service is great and personnel are friendly!! Thank you!!!
John O., Parts and Service Director from Betten Baker Hyundai responded on 06/29/2021

Sandra W.

Spring Lake, MI
2020 Hyundai Venue
06/29/2021 Category: Service
Betten Baker Hyundai service
I found Caleb to be very courteous and helpful.

06/25/2021 Category: Service
Mis
I recently took my 220 Hyundai Venue to Betten Baker Hyundai for an oil change and tire rotation as recommended by the dealership- I assumed both services would be free of charge, as listed on my vehicle sticker- I was charged $60 for both services because I had only driven 3:500 mils since my last service. At no time was I told the free services were only available at 7,500 intervals: I feel I am being punished for not putting many miles northwest our vehicle, My wife and I are retired. One of the reasons I bought a Hyundai was because of the free service offer. I would like to add that Caleb fbhe service department was courteous and apologetic. He was just doing his job.
JO

Thank you for taking the time to review our service operation. I was disappointed to see we did not earn your 5 star rating. Anything less than your 100% satisfaction is a reflection on all of us here at Betten Baker Hyundai service.

I have been unable to contact you by phone.  Please call me at 231-759-5811 or 231-759-5924.

WS
Warren S.
Grand Haven, MI
06/15/2021 Category: Service
Great service dept.
The people in the service are great no pressure just good advice.
JO
John O., Parts and Service Director from Betten Baker Hyundai responded on 06/15/2021

BT
Betsy T.
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
06/14/2021 Category: Service
Informative
I appreciate how the service that was performed was explained and how they value the customer’s satisfaction.

Dolan G.
West Olive, MI
2021 Hyundai Tucson
06/14/2021 Category: Service
EXceptional service.
Great staff and service. The best in West Michigan.

TW
Terry W.
2020 Hyundai Palisade
06/11/2021 Category: Service
Not happy
My vehicle was in an accident and I chose Betten Baker for the repairs. My vehicle was there for almost 90 days and not all repairs have been completed! The wrong passenger mirror was put on my vehicle. Vehicle has textured finish on mirror and replacement mirror has glossy finish and is inoperable! Frustrated!
JO
John O., Parts and Service Director from Betten Baker Hyundai responded on 06/14/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review our service operation. I was disappointed to see we did not earn your 5 star rating. Anything less than your 100% satisfaction is a reflection on all of us here at Betten Baker Hyundai [and] with Hyundai America.

I was aware of your vehicle being in the shop for the sublet mechanical portions of the accident repairs.  I was frankly surprised the vehicle wasn't declared a total loss.  I will be looking into this and will get back with you.

Joseph B.
New Era, MI
2021 Hyundai Elantra
06/08/2021 Category: Service
Long wait for oil change
These guys are nice and all but over an hour wait for an oil change is kinda crazy.
JO
John O., Parts and Service Director from Betten Baker Hyundai responded on 06/09/2021

I apologize for the excessive wait time for the oil change service.  It looks like you had a required computer update also that day.  I reviewed this with the advisor and technician and both said there was trouble downloading the update from the Hyundai server and that is what took so long.  I hope you were kept aware of this while you were waiting.

It also appears you were happy with our employees overall performance.  If that is true I would like to send you a re-score request.  The survey is very important to the service advisor especially.  Hyundai Corporation grades them by these reviews.  Even if you would be willing to re-score to 4 instead of 3 it would help us with Hyundai.

If you are willing to re-score and/or have any other comments or questions, please let me know.

BT
Betsy T.
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
06/04/2021 Category: Service
Online scheduling is the best!
I appreciate the option to do online scheduling as I was able to schedule it the day of!
JO
John O., Parts and Service Director from Betten Baker Hyundai responded on 06/07/2021

Ted M.
2020 Hyundai Palisade
06/03/2021 Category: Service
Everything
They do it correctly !
JO
John O., Parts and Service Director from Betten Baker Hyundai responded on 06/04/2021

Fruitport, MI
05/27/2021 Category: Service
Quick and excellent work done.
A pleasant surprise that the tire rotation was free because I purchased the tires there. When I bought the tires they were almost the same price as at other places and I received two rebates on their purchase.
John O., Parts and Service Director from Betten Baker Hyundai responded on 05/28/2021