Boise Automotive Service

Trisha B.
05/11/2018
I have been dealing with car issues for 3 months now and they have been there the whole time. They even take me home when I drop my car off. Misty and Jeff are amazing people, but the whole team together make a great business. Thank you for all your help

LT
Leslee T.
04/19/2018
The place to go!
I have had my car for many years and have had it serviced a few different places, but no where were the prices as competitive as they were at Boise Automotive. They charged me a fraction of the cost, had wonderful customer service, and were able to do all the work in less time than they promised. They were informative as to what my car needed and didn't try to sell me on things I didn't need. I have never felt so at ease with getting work done on my car as I did when I went to see Boise Automotive. I will continue going there as long as I'm in Boise!

Mike H.
01/20/2018
Garbage Mechanics
Avoid this shop at all costs because of a lawsuit waiting to happen. I sent my vehicle in to be looked at due to emission problems. 1,200.00 dollars later, and their mechanics replacing parts that didn't need replacing the problem still not solved. This shop sent my vehicle back to my house by a tow truck while the vehicle was still taken apart. I told Rick, the shop manager, who took the vehicle back only to put the parts back in (covering his a$$), and then sent my vehicle back to me with emission problems.

Jacob L.
12/14/2017
AVOID! SCAM ARTISTS
Phoned in to Boise Automotive Service, asking them if they could help me reset my car's ECU, seeing as I do not own the tools to disconnect the battery. This is after I had performed a few basic checks that could be the problem behind the 'Check Engine' light. Was told that they would not do that, which is fine, but they then proceeded to lie to me and tell me that my 2002 Acura was TOO NEW to reset the ECU this way and that they would need to do a half hour diagnoses of the problem costing a total of just under 50$. When I politely explained that once I reset the ECU, if there was still a problem (i.e. my engine light still on), that I would be more than happy to proceed with service from them, they responded by once again telling me that my 2002 car was too NEW and the ECU cannot be reset by disconnecting the battery. This is a blatant lie anyone that knows anything about cars can tell you that the ECU can be reset in this way on almost any car (that is new enough to have a computer). Terrible service, trying to get money out of me that may not be needed, trying to perform potentially unnecessary checks, not willing to compromise (wouldn't even let me use their tools for 2 minutes after I offered them 15 dollars to do so). Called another auto service place down the road and was met with "Of course we can do that for free sir". AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Dana B.
Keyport, NJ
10/14/2017
Honest and dependable
Our family traveled all the way from the east coast to visit family. By the time we got to Idaho, our car was literally smoking at the hotel’s entryway door. Tired and frustrated, we called around and were reluctantly placated and brushed off by other mechanics nearby. Finally, on our internet search, we bumped into Boise Automotive. We were shocked that not only could they make time for us, but they could have the broken part available that same day, and have our car ready that same afternoon. The staff are honest, caring, friendly, and extremely knowledgeable and professional.
**side note- although prices could have easily been gouged for someone in our situation, they were extremely reasonable.

SD
STEVE D.
10/05/2017
Excellent Troubleshooting
The Boise Automotive team did a great job quickly identifying the major cause of the vibrations in my minivan and completed a complicated fix. Thanks.

GR
Gail R.
Mazda 626
09/30/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with James. He said the service was great and everything worked out well.

Terrie B.
09/29/2017 Category: Service
Terrie said this business was able to schedule her right away. They had reasonable prices and they completed the job in a timely manner.

MATT B.
Hyundai Santa Fe
09/28/2017
They were quick, nice, and HONEST.
I was in a pinch and choose to tow my car here by the reviews alone. The staff was friendly and responsive. They fixed my car in under 5 hours and were honest about all of the work that had to be done. For example. My O2 sensor was causing the check engine light to come on. They could have replaced it and charged me for it and I would have never known. When I asked about it the mechanic said, "You're gonna laugh. It just needed plugged in so I did that and didn't charge you for it". I will definitely be taking my cars back to this place when I need service in the future!

SL
Suzette L.
Chrysler Pacifica
09/28/2017 Category: Service
Suzette said the service was good.

KC

ZACH K.
MINI Cooper Hardtop
09/22/2017
Great experience
Service was excellent and price was less than the competition. I got a full clutch and flywheel replacement on my Mini Cooper. Couldn't be happier with the service provided.

ANGIE B.
09/22/2017
Rick and Dani Save the Day!
Car emergencies are not so bad when you have great people to save the day. My daughter called early Saturday morning complaining of smoke coming out of the hood of her 2012 Ford Focus. She was blocks away from Boise Automotive. We dropped it off, received a text first thing Monday saying the inspection had started, by noon I received a call letting me know what was wrong and by 6:00 she was back inaction. The service was amazing, the process was painless and the push text updates were awesome. Thank You Rick and Dani

JIM W.
Chevrolet Venture
09/21/2017
very professional. they know what they are doing instead of just guessing

BRIAN H.
Nissan Rogue
09/21/2017
Fast and professional!
Great place that is dependable and reliable! I'll take all my cars here time and time again.

SD
Steve D.
09/20/2017 Category: Service
Steve said the business is really great. They have not been able to find a solution to his oil leak. The personnel is absolutely great.

BL
Brenda L.
Chevrolet Silverado SS
09/11/2017 Category: Service
Brenda said this business was very friendly and they did pretty good work. However, she had to wait 6 hours and when she got her vehicle back she noticed that they did not reset the service light.

DAVID P.
09/09/2017
Fast & Exceptional Service
Every time I go into Boise Automotive for an oil change I always get great customer service and am in and out within 30 minutes. Very satisfied and will keep coming back!

SL
Shawn L.
Middleton, ID
08/30/2017 Category: Service
Shawn said the business is good and quick.

KD
Kala D.
08/29/2017 Category: Service
Kala said the business was able to get her in quickly and have her vehicle done in a few hours.