Boise Automotive Service

4.6

Latest Review over 1 year ago

Jeremy H.
04/29/2019
Awesome customer service. And Honest people.
I called Boise Automotive thinking I had a bad Alternator in my truck. Come to find out I just had a bad ground wire. These people are a stand up company and very honest people. They could of done the alternator then find out the problem wasn’t fixed then do a diagnosis, but they didn’t they test the Alternator and called me and told me it was fine and that they thought I had a short somewhere they chased wires and found a bad ground wire. I am just so happy we still have honest people in our Society. I would highly recommend this shop to anyone. Thanks again Boise Automotive!!!!

Jonathan M.
04/19/2019
Trustworthy
It can be tough to find a trustworthy mechanic but I have found one here. Super friendly, knowledgeable staff. There is never any pressure to get extra work done. Thorough inspections are done during a basic oil change. I have had my 3 vehicles serviced by them for the last 2 years. I couldn't be happier!

LA
Larry A.
01/02/2019
Friendly staff and knowledgeable service techs.
Danni is always very friendly & accommodating. They always do quality work at a fair price.

Jonathan M.
11/14/2018
Best Service
Friendly staff, great service, knowledgeable, no pressure, honest, and great prices. What more could you ask for in auto service? It can be tough to find a place you trust. I have found mine.

BN
Bill N.
10/11/2018
Fast
What's a good Boise Automotive took care of my car with the quickness. Thanks to everybody there

VL
Valentina L.
07/24/2018
Friendly and helpful team!
Jeff and his team are always friendly and helpful! Great service. We made a switch on which vehicle we needed work done on at the last minute and they were happy to accommodate us!

LK
Laurie K.
07/13/2018
Not a great place.
I have been getting my oil changes here, for at least a couple of years. At first, they were fine, when there was just Rick as the Manager. You would think that my being a dedicated customer, that Boise Automotive would change my right rear light bulb at no charge. But no, Boise Automotive wants $38.00 to change a light bulb! O'Reilly's has so far, saved me $37.00 in labor, by replacing my air filter, & wiper blades!

Barbara M.
07/06/2018
Very Happy
Boise Automotive is by far #1 for Automotive services. Honesty is the best policy and they roll with that 100% Keeping you informed at all time's weather it be text e-mail or phone call. We brought in my husbands 04 Yukon which has been seen by other service centers for a few issue's and never fixed. Rick listened to my husband and had an answer to all that was mentioned. His car is like new. We are so happy.

Trisha B.
05/11/2018
I have been dealing with car issues for 3 months now and they have been there the whole time. They even take me home when I drop my car off. Misty and Jeff are amazing people, but the whole team together make a great business. Thank you for all your help

LT
Leslee T.
04/19/2018
The place to go!
I have had my car for many years and have had it serviced a few different places, but no where were the prices as competitive as they were at Boise Automotive. They charged me a fraction of the cost, had wonderful customer service, and were able to do all the work in less time than they promised. They were informative as to what my car needed and didn't try to sell me on things I didn't need. I have never felt so at ease with getting work done on my car as I did when I went to see Boise Automotive. I will continue going there as long as I'm in Boise!

Mike H.
01/20/2018
Garbage Mechanics
Avoid this shop at all costs because of a lawsuit waiting to happen. I sent my vehicle in to be looked at due to emission problems. 1,200.00 dollars later, and their mechanics replacing parts that didn't need replacing the problem still not solved. This shop sent my vehicle back to my house by a tow truck while the vehicle was still taken apart. I told Rick, the shop manager, who took the vehicle back only to put the parts back in (covering his a$$), and then sent my vehicle back to me with emission problems.

Jacob L.
12/14/2017
AVOID! SCAM ARTISTS
Phoned in to Boise Automotive Service, asking them if they could help me reset my car's ECU, seeing as I do not own the tools to disconnect the battery. This is after I had performed a few basic checks that could be the problem behind the 'Check Engine' light. Was told that they would not do that, which is fine, but they then proceeded to lie to me and tell me that my 2002 Acura was TOO NEW to reset the ECU this way and that they would need to do a half hour diagnoses of the problem costing a total of just under 50$. When I politely explained that once I reset the ECU, if there was still a problem (i.e. my engine light still on), that I would be more than happy to proceed with service from them, they responded by once again telling me that my 2002 car was too NEW and the ECU cannot be reset by disconnecting the battery. This is a blatant lie anyone that knows anything about cars can tell you that the ECU can be reset in this way on almost any car (that is new enough to have a computer). Terrible service, trying to get money out of me that may not be needed, trying to perform potentially unnecessary checks, not willing to compromise (wouldn't even let me use their tools for 2 minutes after I offered them 15 dollars to do so). Called another auto service place down the road and was met with "Of course we can do that for free sir". AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Dana B.
Keyport, NJ
10/14/2017
Honest and dependable
Our family traveled all the way from the east coast to visit family. By the time we got to Idaho, our car was literally smoking at the hotel’s entryway door. Tired and frustrated, we called around and were reluctantly placated and brushed off by other mechanics nearby. Finally, on our internet search, we bumped into Boise Automotive. We were shocked that not only could they make time for us, but they could have the broken part available that same day, and have our car ready that same afternoon. The staff are honest, caring, friendly, and extremely knowledgeable and professional.
**side note- although prices could have easily been gouged for someone in our situation, they were extremely reasonable.

SD
STEVE D.
10/05/2017
Excellent Troubleshooting
The Boise Automotive team did a great job quickly identifying the major cause of the vibrations in my minivan and completed a complicated fix. Thanks.

GR
Gail R.
Idaho
Mazda 626
09/30/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with James. He said the service was great and everything worked out well.