REX B.
10/31/2017
Rip off
I had a coupon for oil & filter change & lube job for $20. But because my car needed a 'special filter' & took 5.5 quarts of oil, instead of 5, I ended up paying more than $27.
Steve W. from Bunge's Tire & Auto responded on 10/31/2017

Hi Rex:

I apologize for the lack of communication.  The coupon clearly states up to 5 quarts of synthetic oil.  The extra pint cost an extra $1.50 and your filter was an extra $2.  The coupon sets forth that shop supplies are $2.40 and that tax is extra.  Sincerely we have no intention of ripping anyone off on any service.  If you want to stop by, I will personally give you the $3.50 out of my wallet.

Steve

DANIEL L.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
07/21/2016
Over priced crooks
This place is so over priced I really don't know how they keep customers. They wanted to charge $1000 to replace a PCM. I went to Car X and had it fix for $500. The guys at Car X laughed when I told them Bunges quote!
Steve W. from Bunge's Tire & Auto responded on 07/22/2016

We had a Chevy in last week that needed a computer.  We installed 2 remanufactured computers that didn't work.  We then installed a new GM computer and the problem was resolved.  We had quoted Daniel L. yesterday $763 plus our diagnostic charge to install a new GM computer.  The price discrepancy is new original equipment vs. remanufactured parts.

MARY R.
08/11/2015
quick on service but failed in safety check of tires.
Good job on tire repair but failed to see that there were at least 2 more objects in the same tire.
Steve W. from Bunge's Tire & Auto responded on 08/14/2015

Since seeing such a low score, we contacted Mary and she bought the vehicle back.  She had seen a tack and a staple in the tread, which we removed for her.  They were not deep enough to cause a leak.

PA
PETE A.
South Elgin, IL
04/05/2015
Horrible Service
I took my car in for a tire repair. While the car was being serviced, the vehicle maintenance staff was smoking in the garage. For some unknown reason, staff decided to roll my windows down to my BRAND NEW car. It only had about 350 miles on it. Needless to say, when I got into my car to drive away, the new car smell was overpowered by the stench of cigarette smoke! I called the next day and told the person who answered the phone, and he said, "Oh, I'm sorry about that, I will look into it." That was it....nothing else. He never offered to get back to me, or for a offer a refund for the services, nothing. I had been going there for some time, and always had good service. I will never go back there again.
Steve W. from Bunge's Tire & Auto responded on 04/06/2015

Thank you for your feedback.  It is always difficult to deal with a situation after the fact by a telephone call the next day.  It would have been much easier if we had a discussion at the time the vehicle was picked up.

Jeremy S.
GMC Envoy
02/17/2015 Category: Service
Jeremy said this business changed the oil on his vehicle well but they were really expensive. He would not recommend this business due to the reason mentioned.
Steve W. from Bunge's Tire & Auto responded on 02/21/2015

$30 for a 7 quart oil change is cheaper than it would be at most places.

EB
ELIZABETH--DON B.
Mazda RX-8
01/11/2015
Check engine light on when I pick up my car...are you kidding me!
Took my car in for a broken clutch peddle. It took a week to have repairs conducted. When I pick up at 7am in morning because they finished on Friday night and only time I could get it beforce closing for weekend, I get in car and see my check engine light is on. I go back inside and say what is this. They guy at counter said it was like that when the car came in and I thought you knew about it so we didn't check it because the car came in for a broken clutch peddle. I thought it was the more rediculous response I had ever heard. The light was not on when I dropped it off and second, why would you not check an emergency light!!!??? I still don't have my car...over a week a now. Very unhappy.
Steve W. from Bunge's Tire & Auto responded on 01/13/2015

We apologized for the miscommunication and tuned up the car for free.