CA

BP
Bri P.
04/17/2018
Theft by deception
Cj auto works attempted to get away with nothing short of theft by deception. They charged bill Schmitz a disabled vet. for a new transmission and top of the line Nexen tires. $3000 He kindly pre paid them. What he received after his car was in their care for 90 days. Yes 90 days for a 7 hour job was a rebuilt trans with no warranty and the cheapest tires available. When called out for what they did they refused to correct the problem. His rebuilt trans only lasted 1 week and they refuse to warranty it. They sold him a 3 yr unlimited mile warranty he paid them over $3000 for absolutely nothing. They ripped him off so bad he nearly had a heart attack. Do not use these criminals. The truth of their ways is under investigation and we have found they do this to nearly every customer. Sickening, charges are filed and a class action lawsuit underway

ES
Ed S.
04/12/2018
Best Auto Repair Shop in Utah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In My Opinion,CJ Autoworks is the Best Auto Repair Shop in Utah!!!!! I have been taking my vehicles there for over 12 years, and have never had a problem with their work.They have done everything from Inspections to complete Transmission rebuilds for me.I am a Retired Diesel Locomotive Mechanic,and can appreciate when Mechanical work is done well.All repairs from them have been Outstanding!!! I want to Thank Curtis and Cory for operating a Great Shop!!!!!!!!!!

Sean B.
Salt Lake City, UT
12/06/2017
Good shop!
John & Curtis at CJ's automotive were great to work with. They took on a moderately complex project on my motorhome and did me right. I believe that Curtis is the owner... and also a very straight shooter... Not a barrel of fun but a good guy and good to work with. John is more fun, and a cool guy to work with and took good care of me.

I believe them to be fair, competitive priced, and easy to work with.
I will send them my business in the future.

Jordan P.
Kaysville, UT
11/19/2017
Master Mechanics
always friendly and quality service they are the best shops in town they really know their stuff

Rob B.
North Salt Lake, UT
09/29/2016
My First Choice Every Time
I've been going to CJ's since they opened 10+ years ago and never have had a bad experience. From my old Toyota to my work V-10 Dodge, they always get it fixed right.

SR

14 yrs of fantastic service

Brent S.
11/23/2015
Taken for a ride!
Took my 1999 Cavalier to CJ Autoworks because the vehicle had a major coolant leak. After two weeks of the car sitting at their shop Curtis said they couldn't find the part that was broken, but "made their own". 2 miles later coolant leak reappears and I took it back into the shop. Curtis says he has it fixed this time. Less than 2 miles later coolant leak reappears. Curtis tell me it’s the part they can’t find that is the issue. I quickly call the dealer and buy the “unfindable” part. Curtis installs new part and less than 2 miles later coolant leak reappears. Curtis tells me to go pick up a new part and bring him a few extras totaling in over 60$ now for the same part. I get told the car is fixed now, but find out they want to charge me over 400$ cause it was a bracket actually not the part they sent me to buy. They also tell me they don’t want the nonrefundable parts they told me to go pick up. Less than 2 miles later coolant leak is back. Take it into their shop and they tell me it’s actually a blown head gasket and they blame me for it because “I must have drove it without coolant “even though I inform them that since everything began I have drove the vehicle under 5 miles. Long story short. After over 10 visits into their shop and having to drive all over town for them to find parts that they then tell me they don’t want. CJ Auto works misdiagnoses my vehicle twice (which I am forced to pay for) and charges me for multiple repairs that are not the actual source of the problem.

AR
Andrew R.
10/09/2015
Got completely shafted!!!
I recently took a front Drive shaft in to get a quote on having one side of it rebuilt. the quote they gave me was rediculously over priced! it was $10 shy of buying a completely new drive shaft from the auto parts store! i told them i would be back in to get my drive shaft and go somewhere else with it.
i work out of town and it took me 3 weeks to get back home. when i went in to pick up MY part, they told me it had been sent off with their scrap metal! WTF! no call, no notice, no "hey we need this out of our shop, can you have someone come grab it?" WHAT THE HELL KIND OF BUSINESS DOES THAT?! they didnt even give me a "sorry for the mix up, heres 40 to help with the core charge on a new one." now im out at least 80 bucks for the core charge on a new one, my car is immobile STILL and they didnt even know how to help me look up what size i needed, considering it is a possibility of 3 different sizes (thank you jeep)

I'll never suggest them to anyone, or return there! even if its the last shop on earth!

NG
Nick G.
Mazda 6
01/20/2014
Great overall experience
I had a blown headgasket in May of this year and took the car to CJ's. They quickly diagnosed the problem, let me know about the head gasket, and gave an estimate on the car. One of the things I really liked about CJs is that they call to let you know if there's any additional repairs that can be made. Of course, you have the option of declining if you want to just focus on the main repair you went in there for. Overall thus far, CJs has been technically savvy, friendly, and honest.

AH
Andy H.
Kaysville, UT
Cadillac Seville
01/17/2014 Category: Service
Andy said this business has great people.

Ray C.
Mercury Grand Marquis
01/17/2014 Category: Service
Ray said they got it in, gave him an estimate and they repaired it quickly.

RP
Robert P.
Mazda B2300
01/15/2014 Category: Service
Robert said this business is informative.

LE
Lester E.
Centerville, UT
01/11/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with Shawna. She said they are marvelous at this business. She has used this business for years because they are very warm and personable. They do excellent work.

John F.
Dodge Durango
12/28/2013
Love this place!

AL
Adrian L.
Honda Accord
12/28/2013 Category: Service
Adrian said they had good service and he appreciated their work.

FM
Filipe M.
Chevrolet Suburban
12/20/2013 Category: Service
Filipe said he appreciates that they get the work done when he needs them to, but they managed to break a part on his grill and did not mention it to him. He said he picked the vehicle up late at night, so he did not notice the damage until the next day.

SR
Sally R.
12/20/2013 Category: Service
Sally said the business is fair and honest. She was kept well informed during the repair process.

LN
Lin N.
12/19/2013
Fast, Honest & Fair
Always great to deal with CJ's. They are timely, accurate and fair with their prices and provide high quality work that they stand behind.