Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5rating 4.7500025
Overall Rating 1.5000025/5rating 1.5000025rating 1.5000025rating 1.5000025rating 1.5000025

TD
TERRY D.
Calera, AL
08/07/2019 Category: Service
Too long and too much
While I had an appointment for an oil change, I was notified that my battery had a lot of corrosion so I had it replaced. The whole process took over two hours and I was charged $40 for labor to install a battery which I believe was excessive.
Mike B., President from CarCare Inc responded on 08/07/2019

Hi Terry!  thank you for taking time to write a review.  After reviewing your invoice I found that we did also do a Free Multipoint inspection (which does add time) along with your oil change.
This is how we found that the battery failed performance test and corroded battery terminal ends that needed to be replaced which did add more labor to the battery install and was a total of $30.60. It is the job of the service advisor to keep you informed of how much time this adds to your appointment along with getting your approval while you wait.
I did want to mention that anytime you do not wish to wait any longer then necessary for an oil change we can always remove the inspection process. We want to ensure the best customer service which includes making sure you are safe on the road for your future travels. I hope that this helps to explain, and please let us know if you have any questions; call or email.
Thank you for your customer loyalty over the many years.

AD
Akshay D.
Acura TL
01/17/2019 Category: Service
They got good Knowledge on Cars
This place was great, But for resurfacing rear and front rotors and replacing pads with Brake Fluid Service cost me $673. No difference than dealership cost. No complains on their work done. it's perfect that's why gave 3 star.

Helena, AL
05/28/2018 Category: Service
Honda crx
Everyone is very friendly and kind, but I was a bit disappointed; I had an appointment for 8 am on Tuesday for an oil change, fix the air conditioning, and handle any other scheduled maintenance. I arranged for a ride to work and left my car there at 7am. Another kind soul gave me a ride back to CarCare at 4:30, where I found out nothing, not even the oil change, had been done. No call, no text, no email; I had to wait for the oil change. Because the service has been excellent on previous visits, I have decided on a second chance for the repair. I will be back Tuesday at 9 am, we will see how it goes.
Mike B., President from CarCare Inc responded on 05/30/2018

Hi ,and thank you for taking time to post a review we appreciate all feedback. This will help us to keep striving for excellent customer service.  I understand there was a break down in communication, where we sent out message but you didn’t receive. We apologize. With technology anything can happen but we want to make sure that dose not happen again- I hope that yesterday’s appointment met your expectations and communication was not an issue. Thank you for allowing us to repair your vehicle and you can enjoy a cooler ride for these hot summer months ahead-stay safe and we look forward to taking care of all your auto service needs. Jaimee/office manager

DOUGLAS M.
Honda Civic LX
08/25/2017 Category: Service
The specific problem is still not fixed.
I really want to unequivocally just say "go to Car Care" but this is just a weird situation. We fixed some things, but we never got to the root of the problem, which continues even now. And I'm resigned to the possibility that it's more an inconvenience than a chronic problem. I go for weeks without a problem and then it happens, low idle, engine light immediately comes on, tachometer "whooshes" and then I drive it for a while and it goes away. When I turn the air conditioner on, it also "whooshes" between 1 and 3 occasionally and once I turn the air off it stops. So my worst inconvenience is that sometimes I drive without A/C because the idle is acting weird. Sad part, the money that I spent to get this thing fixed/not fixed is getting close to the monetary value of the car so it feels like I'm about to put this perfectly fine car down and it didn't do anything wrong, we just never figured out what was wrong with it. Sad. I really like you guys, and I'm driving this car down to New Orleans and back this weekend, but it's just an incomplete transaction.

JIM P.
Honda Accord LX
03/03/2017 Category: Service
A good repair shop - I've been a customer since 1992.
My original review was a misunderstanding on my part, probably because I picked the car up after hours so no one was there to go over the invoice with me. All I had to go on with the hard copy of the invoice which did not fully address the issues I was originally concerned with. Also, from CarCare's followup review email I was not able to access the site for the survey and I had to copy the URL into my browser to get to the review site. Also, I was unaware of the site where CarCare lists and photographs all service done to the vehicle. Dennis DeShazo, the Service Manager, sent me a nice followup email apologizing for any misunderstanding and he sent a link to the site that shows everything that was done to the car along with photos. When I saw the photos of the filters, I could see they were dirty, especially the cabin filter, even though I had replaced them previously & they only had 5,000 miles on them. Mike Barrett, the owner of CarCare, personally called me to let me know they were sorry if there was any misunderstanding about the service and he explained everything that is done by CarCare on the particular service that was done to my car. Mike and Dennis went the extra mile in this case to allay any misunderstandings.

03/03/2017 Category: Service
30,000 Mile Service
Overall service was good but the air cleaner and the cabin filter were replaced after I told the Service Manager that I had already replaced them. A nail in one of the tires was noticed and the tire was repaired but tire rotation was not written on the service invoice as being done. I asked them to test the battery and it was not noted on the service invoice as being done.
Dennis D. from CarCare Inc responded on 03/06/2017

Jim, first of all I would like to apologize for your not so great experience the other day. I never heard you say that you replaced your air filters already and I never would have sold you anything you didn’t ask for. I am literally deaf in one ear and may have not heard you or I may have heard but made an honest mistake by not paying full attention with everything going on during the busy day. If you would have told me about it at check out I would have gladly refunded your money. I wrote up a 30K service for your vehicle and it includes air filters as part of the service. We did an inspection which included pictures of both air filters; the cabin air filter was extremely dirty and engine air was marginal but they are usually changed in pairs.

As for your tire rotation, all your tires were at 7/32nds tread depth. When rotating tires, we are trying to move the tires with the lower tread to the front of the vehicle which wears faster. The technician didn’t rotate them because it would have been taking your money for moving the tires that didn’t need moving.

The battery was tested and showed to be good and photos taken of the results within your inspection report that was sent to you via text/email. It is available for viewing here at this link as well as the pictures of the air filters.

Again Jim I apologize for your less than 5 star experience.

KC
KAREN C.
Pelham, AL
Acura TSX
05/04/2016 Category: Service
Brake Life
We were told that Bob's car needed new brakes and had maybe 2 weeks left. When he went to change them out, there was plenty of life left on the brakes. We are confused about that. He put the old brakes back on and returned the brakes that he had purchased at Auto Zone. Also, we looked back at our records and it hadn't been that long since he had changed them out.
Mike B., President from CarCare Inc responded on 05/05/2016

Karen thanks for taking time to fill out survey for CarCare. I would like answer your question about you rear brakes the way we measure brake pad thickness is to the wear indicator which is the metal tab that you will see in the picture below when this tab rubs you are at wear limit on that pad. The tab measures at 2mm from the back of the pad(sticks out this far).So if we measure a brake pad from the metal backing and it shows 4mm we subtract 2mm for the thickness of the wear tab. You would be surprised how many repair shops don't under stand how to properly measure brake pads, also if one pad is lower on one side of the car than the other we use the lowest measurement. I hope this makes sense to you if not I will call you and try to explain it better. The second thing is we said it would need brakes in two weeks that is a problem I will take care of as we use a chart that has %of wear and rough estimate of mileage and at 2 mm that would be roughly 7000 miles

Jordan D.
Alabaster, AL
Honda Accord
03/30/2016 Category: Service
Jordan said he was not satisfied with this business because he feels they could have explained things better from the beginning. He would not recommend them because of their high prices.
Mike B., President from CarCare Inc responded on 04/03/2016

Jordan thanks for taking time to for your review your input is important to us, I talked with the service writer and he feels he explained the repairs needed in detail and in order of importance if he failed at this i would be glade to see if i could help with that. As far as high prices we feel that we always have very competitive pricing. CarCare has a two year 24.000 mile parts and labor warranty and uses OEM parts, we don't use the cheapest parts available just the best thats how we can offer the warranty that we do. We did do a free courtesy inspection on your car so you could make an informed decision on your repairs and you did need quit a bit of work if that is what you are talking about. We give you the repairs in order of importance. You declined all repairs and was charged $0 dollars for our time to diagnose your car. Please contact me at 205-733-8863 if i can further help you with anything thinks again Mike Barrett