Chuck's Main Street Auto

BRIAN M. on 03/23/2016
"Didn't fix the problem"
Dropped flat tire off to be repaired. Charged me $28.00 to change a $.30 valve core. Tire still losing air. Will not be using this garage again.
Vehicle: Chevrolet HHR
Service Date: 03/17/2016
Review Created: 03/23/2016 06:38 AM
Christy H., Owner at Chuck's Main Street Auto responded on 03/24/2016

Dear Brian,

We at Chuck's Main Street Auto stand behind the work we do. If something isn't right just call us and we will make sure it is taken care of. That is always our policy. We would appreciate the opportunity to correct this issue. Please call us and we can set up a time that is convenient for you.

Sincerely,

Christy Hoffmann
262-246-8057
Owner
Unhappy C. on 04/17/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"lost their small town values and honesty "
Long time customer of 20+ years. Highly disappointed and the feeling of being taken advantage of (overcharged) the last 3 times we have taken our vehicle there. Will be taking our business to Paul's from now on
Service Date: 04/17/2015
Review Created: 04/17/2015 08:14 AM
DWAYNE B. on 11/26/2014
"Bad Attitude"
We stopped and made an appointment on Saturday, 11/22/14 for 3:15pm on Tuesday, 3/25/14. I arrived at 3:10pm.
They didn't take car in until after 3:30pm. After 45 minutes I asked Chuck what was taking so long. He said they were backed up. I said I would remember this as I could get the car serviced quicker at other places. He said they do a overall inspection, not like quick lubes. I told him we have never use quick lubes. He walked away. Note: We had previously taken our car to Jack Safro Toyota. They do a multipoint inspecition as well. The bill said the cabin filter and air filter need replacement. We were never told this or I would have told them to replace what was needed. Now I will take the car back to Safro to finish the job. More inconvenience. The reminder sticker for the next oil change on the window doesn't peel off. Need to use a razor blade. Chuck has never been the friendliest guy, but being a local businessman, we like to support local businesses. Not anymore. I work for a large company in Sussex and have already started sharing this story with coworkers and to my surprise, people have shared with me similiar experiences with Chucks Main Street Auto. We have two newer model cars but with tires, wheel alignments, brakes and oil changes we have managed to spend over $1,000 this year. That business will go to someone else in the future. My time is important. I am the customer paying a fair price, no coupons, no deals. I don't need attitude from Chuck as well.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 11/25/2014
Review Created: 11/26/2014 09:50 PM
Christy H., Owner at Chuck's Main Street Auto responded on 11/28/2014

I am very sorry you were not happy with our service. I was never trying to give you any kind of "attitude" when you were here. The usual wait time for your service is 1-1:15 hour. I know you don't want any excuse as to why we didn't get you in right at 3:15 but we put 2 tech's on your car and was able to get you out within 1 hour from your original scheduled time.(4:15) This was our busiest weeks of the year being a 3 day work week. I guess looking back I should of never taken an appointment at the end of a day on a shorten week. I was trying to accommodate everyone and instead of helping people I upset them.

The recommendations that were on your bill were from 8/20, the last time you were in for service. I assumed you knew about them and didn’t want us to replace them. I also assumed you were in a big hurry and figured it would increase your waiting time and that would not be acceptable to you.

Again I am very sorry we are not up service expectations and will do everything in the future to make sure this does not happen again.

Chuck Hoffmann, Owner
Russell W. on 03/24/2014
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Worst service ever"
called the shop on Friday and spoke with Chuck and he said there would be no problem taking a look at my car and giving a quote. the website said they have loaner cars so I asked and he rudely replied "NO!". I dropped off my car on Friday at 11am and I got no phone call. so I called at 430pm since they close at 5 and Chuck picked up and I asked for the status of my car and he said they haven't even looked at it and he'll call when they do and rudely got off the phone. no apology. had to pick up my car the next morning because they wouldn't look at it.
Service Date: 03/24/2014
Review Created: 03/24/2014 08:27 AM
Erika M. at Chuck's Main Street Auto responded on 03/24/2014

Hi Russ
I'm sorry we didn't get a look at your car. We usually have people drop their cars off in the early am. We then diagnose and inspect them. We call with an estimate then proceed with repairs. I'm not sure why we would have had you drop the car off so late and tell you we would get it done. I really apologize for the misunderstanding. I do have 3 cars that I offer for free loaners. Unfortunately they are almost always gone. I was not being rude but I think I was surprised because they are always gone and are scheduled out for a week in advance.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and I will make sure this does not happen again.

Chuck Hoffmann