SIMON W.
Morgan Hill, CA
Volkswagen Tiguan
12/19/2018
Easy to deal with and very transparent on pricing
Having had the "pleasure" of taking my car to them twice recently for as it turned out very significant repairs, I would share the following feedback, some of which is of course not unique to Davis:

1) They stuck to their time promises and communicated quite effectively, even sending me pictures of the offending broken items.
2) They mark up parts a lot, unfortunately it's easy to get a quote for genuine parts from a main dealer nowadays and if I'm paying labor to fit parts, I am not so happy to pay >100% mark-up (even assuming they don't get a "trade" price)
3) They are remarkably good at quoting costs up front, given a very uncertain time to complete a task, they somehow managed to not have to take some of the possible steps but still came in exactly on budget .... amazing.
4) Given that I called to tell them that I had taken off a plastic cover/undertray and put it in the back of the car with the fixings, I was surprised that they sent it back with a huge labor charge, to find the tray still in the back of the car the next day.....

Overall, these guys are good for a local shop, they seem very competent and they are very upfront about time and cost.
Dean D. from Davis Auto Care responded on 12/20/2018

HELLO,
IM SORRY YOU DID NOT HAVE THE EXPERENCE YOU WANTED WITH MY SHOP . I HAVE REVIEWED EVERYTHING WITH MY SERVICE TEAM AND WILL STRIVE TO CONTINUE TO PROVIDE THE EXCELLENT SERVICE I REQUIRE FROM THEM . UNFORTUNELY PRICING IS ALWAYS BETTER WHEN YOU PURCHASE PARTS YOURSELF . HOWEVER THE DOWNSIDE TO THAT IS WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU THE 2 YEAR /24,000 MILE WARRANTY NATIONWIDE THAT WE DO. WE DO APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK
DEAN DAVIS