Dennys Auto Inc

Overall Rating 3.6/5Overall Rating 3.6/5Overall Rating 3.6/5rating 3.6rating 3.6
Overall Rating 2.4/5Overall Rating 2.4/5rating 2.4rating 2.4rating 2.4

Kent P. on 06/13/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"BEWARE!!!! ALL THESE POSITIVE REVIEWS ARE FAKE!!!!"
My girlfriends car died and we had to tow it somewhere after hours. We saw good reviews for Denny's so we towed it there feeling pretty good about what we read. I'm not a mechanic but easily diagnosed it with a dead alternator. The tow company jumped the car and also diagnosed it with a bad alternator before we took it to Denny's. Unfortunately, it was late and all shops were closed so we couldn't shop around. I left a note saying that the car had a bad alternator along with the keys in their drop box and took off. The next morning. I get a call from Denny's saying, of course, that the alternator was bad.. They charged $70 for the diagnosis alone!!! They said it took a half an hour to diagnose a bad alternator which took me only 30 seconds to realize!!!! THEY ARE THIEVES. Then they told me that the part alone was $250 (overpriced by about $70) and the work would be an additional $160 or so totaling over $500 (including the diagnostic and taxes) to change the alternator. Before we committed to have them work on it, I shopped around and nearly every shop was $100 cheaper or more, but by this time, I would have had to have the car towed to another shop! They knew there was very little we could do about what they were charging us so reluctantly, we committed to overpaying these thieves because we needed the car back! On top of all this, they said we needed an oil change ,which was true, but they attempted to charge us $45 for a basic oil change and didn't even consider trying to discount the oil change or anything... . How are these people still in business???!!! SAVE YOURSELF SOME TIME AND MONEY AND DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!
Service Date: 06/13/2017
Service Date: 02/01/2017
Review Created: 02/10/2017 09:30 PM
John K. on 05/20/2016
"TUNE-UP"
I HAVE 06' DODGE RAM 1500, NEW THAT IT NEED'D NEW PLUGS, WAS ADVISED AT THE SHOP BY THE OWNER TO GET THE CHEMICAL FLUSH FOR THE ENGINE, FOR AN ADDITIONAL $200.00 , I AGREED. WELL AFTER 4 FULL TANKS OF GAS LATER ALL I GOT IN IMPROVED GAS MILEAGE IS 1/2 OF A MPG..FROM 13-4 MPG TO 13.8 MPG. I WAS TOLD AND SOLD ON THE UNDERSTANDING THAT I SHOULD EXPECT 2+ MPG.S FOR THIS SERVICE. WELL THAT DID;NT OCCUR, TO BAD THIS SERVICE DID'NT COME W/ A WARRANTY. THAT WAS $200.00 OF HARD EARNED MONEY NOT WELL SPENT, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS SERVICE, THIS IS SOMETHING YOU THINK ONLY HAPPENS AT THE DEALERSHIP, NOT A LOCALLY FAMILY OWNED SHOP..UNHAPPY TO SAY THE LEAST..
Service Date: 04/07/2016
Review Created: 05/20/2016 02:50 PM
Missy T. on 04/09/2016
"Dennys is awesome"
We've been coming to Dennys for our auto care for a good 20 Years now and always get friendly and courteous service! Dennys and Darren you're the best! Thank you for always taking care of our car needs!
Service Date: 04/09/2016
Review Created: 04/09/2016 05:43 AM
Lori S. on 01/15/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Excellent employees who care about doing a good job."
After reading positive reviews about Denny's Auto, I decided to give them a chance. I am SO glad I did. First of all, their employees care about doing a good job. From a friendly, helpful receptionist to knowledgeable technicians, I was very impressed. Other factors that impressed me were fair pricing, honest technicians and a follow-up call. I am now a huge fan of Denny's Auto and recommend this place to everyone!
Service Date: 01/12/2016
Review Created: 01/15/2016 06:46 PM
jd d. on 06/05/2015
"nothing"
This garage is horrible the receptions is very rude they had my truck for over three plus weeks and I ended up towing it to another garage to be repaired . all this after thetly tried tomake me pay for a part that wasn't installed and wanted to charge me 400.00 for a new fuel line DONT TAKE YOUR CAR HERE unless you want to be ripped off.
Service Date: 06/05/2015
Review Created: 06/05/2015 05:15 PM
Laura B. on 03/18/2015
"they are honest and thorough."
I always trust my vehicles to Denny's Auto. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an honest mechanic.
Vehicle: Pontiac Vibe
Service Date: 03/17/2015
Review Created: 03/18/2015 08:00 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you for your trust and for your business! Thank you for taking the time for the review.

Crystal S. on 03/15/2015
"Great business"
Awesome service. Fair prices. We will use them again
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 03/13/2015
Review Created: 03/15/2015 09:41 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 03/16/2015

Thanks for the review! We appreciate your business.

Diane B. on 03/13/2015
"Prompt service and communication"
Had no complaints
Vehicle: Chevrolet Suburban
Service Date: 03/11/2015
Review Created: 03/13/2015 08:27 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 03/16/2015

Thank you for your business and for the review! We look forward to serving you again soon.

Travis B. on 03/08/2015
"State Inspection"
Very helpful and efficient. Had my car back in about 25 minutes.
Vehicle: Pontiac Bonneville
Service Date: 03/06/2015
Review Created: 03/08/2015 06:58 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 03/09/2015

Thank you for the review and for your business over the years!

Chase S. on 03/05/2015
"Quick easy plus I got to make an appointment. No wait "
Very nice people. Love the service. Won't go anywhere else
Vehicle: Dodge Dart
Service Date: 03/04/2015
Review Created: 03/05/2015 08:09 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 03/06/2015

Thank you for the review! Very happy to be able to get your vehicle serviced quickly for you. We appreciate your business.

Laura B. on 02/18/2015
"They are super honest."
The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. Their prices are competitive, and they are very thorough. I completely trust them with my truck:)
Vehicle: Ford Ranger
Service Date: 02/16/2015
Review Created: 02/18/2015 03:20 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 02/19/2015

Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate you and your continued business!

Tim S. on 01/23/2015
"Old car care"
Car was old and I knew there was a bunch of stuff that needed done. Denny's looked it over, prioritized the needs and let me know the cost up front so I could pick and choose what I wanted to do now and what to put off till later. Great service and the car is working like a charm.
Vehicle: Buick Rendezvous
Service Date: 01/21/2015
Review Created: 01/23/2015 09:35 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/26/2015

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate you and look forward to keeping your vehicles safe and reliable. Thank you for your continued business!

Larry H. on 01/16/2015
"Honest & reliable"
I have never been disappointed when my vehicles have needed work, Denny's always provides bottom line, honest upfront pricing and completes the work on time. A real plus is that they are local and not some conglomerate that doesn't really care but wants your money. Everyone at Denny's is great to work with and I highly recommend them!
Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler
Service Date: 01/14/2015
Review Created: 01/16/2015 10:14 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/19/2015

Thank you for the great review! We depend on our relationships with our customers and really appreciate that you recognize the difference between a local independent family business and a chain store. Thank you for your continued business!

LEE B. on 01/10/2015
"EBCM Replacement"
Denny's replaced the EBCM on my 1995 Blazer. They did it quickly and it works great!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Blazer
Service Date: 12/30/2014
Review Created: 01/10/2015 07:55 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/12/2015

Very happy to hear it is working well for you! They can be a little tricky sometimes. Thank you for the review and your continued business!

Kerry J. on 01/09/2015
"Best I've seen"
Been here several times. They are both very knowledgeable and very honest. Most recent trip, they checked out what we thought was a serious problem, but just hooked up a hose and charged us nothing.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 01/07/2015
Review Created: 01/09/2015 07:52 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/12/2015

Thank you for the great review! It is always good when a repair turns out to be something simple.

Noel C. on 01/08/2015
"Honest, quality work"
I wouldn't trust my car to anyone else. I depend on you to keep my car dependable and you do, because you care. I can trust you not to recommend work that is not needed but to warn me of problems
Vehicle: Ford Windstar
Service Date: 01/07/2015
Review Created: 01/08/2015 09:33 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/12/2015

Thank you so much for the review! We really appreciate your business over the years.

Karen C. on 01/01/2015
"They are so helpful"
The employees at Denny's auto go over and above what they need to do they are so helpful they are wonderful
Vehicle: Jeep Compass
Service Date: 12/31/2014
Review Created: 01/01/2015 07:33 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/02/2015

Thank you for the review and your continued business - we appreciate you!

Jordan C. on 01/01/2015
"great service! Trustable mechanic! "
Dennys has been around forever because they don't take advantage of you! Our family has taken all our cars here forever and they have always taken great care of us!
Vehicle: Infiniti FX35
Service Date: 12/30/2014
Review Created: 01/01/2015 12:46 PM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/02/2015

Thank you for the great review! We really appreciate your business and look forward to many more years of taking care of your vehicles!

JERRY S. on 12/25/2014
"Trustworthy"
We have used Denny's Autonfor many years and they have always been fair and dependable.
Vehicle: Toyota Tundra
Service Date: 12/23/2014
Review Created: 12/25/2014 06:29 AM
Darrin M. at Dennys Auto Inc responded on 12/26/2014

Thank you for the great review and for your business! We really appreciate our long time customers!