Overall Rating 3.6/5Overall Rating 3.6/5Overall Rating 3.6/5rating 3.6rating 3.6
Overall Rating 2.4/5Overall Rating 2.4/5rating 2.4rating 2.4rating 2.4

CA
Consumer A.
Herriman, UT
05/15/2018
WARNING! READ BEFORE YOU GO HERE
WARNING: I brought my civic in for a brake inspection and they said I needed a replacement of the front brakes and work on the back brakes. Being the good consumer I am, I ALWAYS get a second opinion and took it Jiffy Lubes in South Jordan (the full service one) - NOTHING was wrong with my brakes, it was just brake dust and Jiffy Lube was HONEST enough to tell me that. Denny's tried to charge me $700 for FAKE WORK. WARNING - before you just say yes to Denny's get a 2nd or 3rd quote before you pay these SCAMMER "mechanics".

KP
Kent P.
Sandy, UT
06/13/2017
BEWARE!!!! ALL THESE POSITIVE REVIEWS ARE FAKE!!!!
My girlfriends car died and we had to tow it somewhere after hours. We saw good reviews for Denny's so we towed it there feeling pretty good about what we read. I'm not a mechanic but easily diagnosed it with a dead alternator. The tow company jumped the car and also diagnosed it with a bad alternator before we took it to Denny's. Unfortunately, it was late and all shops were closed so we couldn't shop around. I left a note saying that the car had a bad alternator along with the keys in their drop box and took off. The next morning. I get a call from Denny's saying, of course, that the alternator was bad.. They charged $70 for the diagnosis alone!!! They said it took a half an hour to diagnose a bad alternator which took me only 30 seconds to realize!!!! THEY ARE THIEVES. Then they told me that the part alone was $250 (overpriced by about $70) and the work would be an additional $160 or so totaling over $500 (including the diagnostic and taxes) to change the alternator. Before we committed to have them work on it, I shopped around and nearly every shop was $100 cheaper or more, but by this time, I would have had to have the car towed to another shop! They knew there was very little we could do about what they were charging us so reluctantly, we committed to overpaying these thieves because we needed the car back! On top of all this, they said we needed an oil change ,which was true, but they attempted to charge us $45 for a basic oil change and didn't even consider trying to discount the oil change or anything... . How are these people still in business???!!! SAVE YOURSELF SOME TIME AND MONEY AND DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!

TH
Trev H.
02/10/2017
Love
Best shop around

John K.
05/20/2016
TUNE-UP
I HAVE 06' DODGE RAM 1500, NEW THAT IT NEED'D NEW PLUGS, WAS ADVISED AT THE SHOP BY THE OWNER TO GET THE CHEMICAL FLUSH FOR THE ENGINE, FOR AN ADDITIONAL $200.00 , I AGREED. WELL AFTER 4 FULL TANKS OF GAS LATER ALL I GOT IN IMPROVED GAS MILEAGE IS 1/2 OF A MPG..FROM 13-4 MPG TO 13.8 MPG. I WAS TOLD AND SOLD ON THE UNDERSTANDING THAT I SHOULD EXPECT 2+ MPG.S FOR THIS SERVICE. WELL THAT DID;NT OCCUR, TO BAD THIS SERVICE DID'NT COME W/ A WARRANTY. THAT WAS $200.00 OF HARD EARNED MONEY NOT WELL SPENT, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS SERVICE, THIS IS SOMETHING YOU THINK ONLY HAPPENS AT THE DEALERSHIP, NOT A LOCALLY FAMILY OWNED SHOP..UNHAPPY TO SAY THE LEAST..

MT
Missy T.
04/09/2016
Dennys is awesome
We've been coming to Dennys for our auto care for a good 20 Years now and always get friendly and courteous service! Dennys and Darren you're the best! Thank you for always taking care of our car needs!

Lori S.
01/15/2016
Excellent employees who care about doing a good job.
After reading positive reviews about Denny's Auto, I decided to give them a chance. I am SO glad I did. First of all, their employees care about doing a good job. From a friendly, helpful receptionist to knowledgeable technicians, I was very impressed. Other factors that impressed me were fair pricing, honest technicians and a follow-up call. I am now a huge fan of Denny's Auto and recommend this place to everyone!

jd d.
06/05/2015
nothing
This garage is horrible the receptions is very rude they had my truck for over three plus weeks and I ended up towing it to another garage to be repaired . all this after thetly tried tomake me pay for a part that wasn't installed and wanted to charge me 400.00 for a new fuel line DONT TAKE YOUR CAR HERE unless you want to be ripped off.

Laura B.
Saratoga Springs, UT
Pontiac Vibe
03/18/2015
they are honest and thorough.
I always trust my vehicles to Denny's Auto. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an honest mechanic.
Darrin M. from Dennys Auto Inc responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you for your trust and for your business! Thank you for taking the time for the review.

Crystal S.
03/15/2015
Great business
Awesome service. Fair prices. We will use them again
Darrin M. from Dennys Auto Inc responded on 03/16/2015

Thanks for the review! We appreciate your business.

Diane B.
Chevrolet Suburban
03/13/2015
Prompt service and communication
Had no complaints
Darrin M. from Dennys Auto Inc responded on 03/16/2015

Thank you for your business and for the review! We look forward to serving you again soon.

Travis B.
Pontiac Bonneville
03/08/2015
State Inspection
Very helpful and efficient. Had my car back in about 25 minutes.
Darrin M. from Dennys Auto Inc responded on 03/09/2015

Thank you for the review and for your business over the years!

Chase S.
West Jordan, UT
Dodge Dart
03/05/2015
Quick easy plus I got to make an appointment. No wait
Very nice people. Love the service. Won't go anywhere else
Darrin M. from Dennys Auto Inc responded on 03/06/2015

Thank you for the review! Very happy to be able to get your vehicle serviced quickly for you. We appreciate your business.

Laura B.
Saratoga Springs, UT
02/18/2015
They are super honest.
The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. Their prices are competitive, and they are very thorough. I completely trust them with my truck:)
Darrin M. from Dennys Auto Inc responded on 02/19/2015

Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate you and your continued business!

Tim S.
Salt Lake City, UT
Buick Rendezvous
01/23/2015
Old car care
Car was old and I knew there was a bunch of stuff that needed done. Denny's looked it over, prioritized the needs and let me know the cost up front so I could pick and choose what I wanted to do now and what to put off till later. Great service and the car is working like a charm.
Darrin M. from Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/26/2015

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate you and look forward to keeping your vehicles safe and reliable. Thank you for your continued business!

LH
Larry H.
01/16/2015
Honest & reliable
I have never been disappointed when my vehicles have needed work, Denny's always provides bottom line, honest upfront pricing and completes the work on time. A real plus is that they are local and not some conglomerate that doesn't really care but wants your money. Everyone at Denny's is great to work with and I highly recommend them!
Darrin M. from Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/19/2015

Thank you for the great review! We depend on our relationships with our customers and really appreciate that you recognize the difference between a local independent family business and a chain store. Thank you for your continued business!

LEE B.
Chevrolet Blazer
01/10/2015
EBCM Replacement
Denny's replaced the EBCM on my 1995 Blazer. They did it quickly and it works great!
Darrin M. from Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/12/2015

Very happy to hear it is working well for you! They can be a little tricky sometimes. Thank you for the review and your continued business!

KJ
Kerry J.
Honda Accord
01/09/2015
Best I've seen
Been here several times. They are both very knowledgeable and very honest. Most recent trip, they checked out what we thought was a serious problem, but just hooked up a hose and charged us nothing.
Darrin M. from Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/12/2015

Thank you for the great review! It is always good when a repair turns out to be something simple.

NC
Noel C.
Ford Windstar
01/08/2015
Honest, quality work
I wouldn't trust my car to anyone else. I depend on you to keep my car dependable and you do, because you care. I can trust you not to recommend work that is not needed but to warn me of problems
Darrin M. from Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/12/2015

Thank you so much for the review! We really appreciate your business over the years.

KC
Karen C.
Jeep Compass
01/01/2015
They are so helpful
The employees at Denny's auto go over and above what they need to do they are so helpful they are wonderful
Darrin M. from Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/02/2015

Thank you for the review and your continued business - we appreciate you!

Jordan C.
Lehi, UT
Infiniti FX35
01/01/2015
great service! Trustable mechanic!
Dennys has been around forever because they don't take advantage of you! Our family has taken all our cars here forever and they have always taken great care of us!
Darrin M. from Dennys Auto Inc responded on 01/02/2015

Thank you for the great review! We really appreciate your business and look forward to many more years of taking care of your vehicles!