Dick's Country Chrysler Jeep Dodge

Overall Rating 3.66/5Overall Rating 3.66/5Overall Rating 3.66/5rating 3.66rating 3.66

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

STARLA C.
Cathlamet, WA
05/15/2018
Your salesman "KYLE"
This gentleman went so far beyond the call of duty to insure we got our needs met....he was just attentive...awesome...he kept us informed...emailed me ...called me...and just never gave up until he found us just the right vehicle that met EVERY one of our needs....we had dealt with another couple of your salesman who basically just swept us under the rug when financing went a little south....but Kyle NEVER gave up....He had no errogence ...no attitude...was just a joy to work with...this fellow deserves GREAT recognition for his efforts!!

Mike C.
02/06/2017
Service Department
Brought my Jeep Grand Cherokee in for warranty ignition switch replacement. While there, I had them change the oil and asked them to check out two other things. the Ignition warranty work was covered by Chrysler. They did disclose upfront that they charge a $150 diagnostic fee - per item - and they applied that to the repair if I decided to proceed. I initially questioned the seemingly high diagnostic fee. I understand it takes their tech time to check things out - $150 per item seemed and still seems high. the service advisor tried to appease by saying if it was somthing minor, they wouldn't charge it. I left the vehicle with them for the day. Mid-day I called to check on the status - they suggested I needed a coolant flush for $189.95 and a fuel system service/cleaning for $289.95. On the diagnostics - they told me I had a minor oil leak at the front crank seal - that would be $428 to repair and on a shifting, they said it would be around $1300 but they weren't exactly sure the issue something to do with the electronic shifter module. I declined both diagnostic repairs, accepted the other two services. Upon picking up the vehicle, I was hit with a $760 bill. $300 of that diagnostic fees. $460 was actual work - an oil change, coolant flush, and fuel system clean. They charge too much. I paid it, but I won't go back. They are charging significantly over industry accepted rates for standard repairs. The gear shifting issue they diagnosed and suggested a $1300 repair for... I can get the part for $200 and looking on youtube, the repair is very simple. So I am doing this one myself. This dealership charges a premium for service. My time is not that valuable. I'll DIY more and use different service providers for more competitive rates. I've taken my vehicles to dealerships for service - not sure exactly why - but in the future, I'll consider independents and DIY. My two Jeeps are no longer under factory warranty. This decision is mostly about cost, not the people. The people are nice enough - at least they smile while taking your money.

Joe and Gina B.
Vancouver, WA
04/19/2016 Category: Sales
Polite & Professional Dealership
We went in knowing the exact vehicle we were wanting to purchase, with two trades. Randy originally began helping us with the process, then Ruben had to take over after we initially viewed the truck. Ruben was very professional, and knowledgable. We love the truck we purchased from DCCJD. The only thing we would like to have been different was the amount of time the process took for the transaction. We had a pre approval for a loan, which should have made the amount of time spent at the dealership minimal. However, our overall experience was good. Thank you Ruben. Keep up the good work!

DOUGLAS G.

SL
SUMMER L.
DODGE DART
03/15/2016 Category: Sales
Great customer service, friendly faces, and fast financing!
Love our new car and the service we received. Would recommend to all our friends and family.

AE
ALEX E.
03/10/2016 Category: Service
My vehicle had an empty coolant reservoir and I went to Dicks Service department to have it checked and have the engine oil changed also. I received excellent service. Previously I had terrible experience with another dealership and so I tried Dick's. I'm sure glad I did. My service adviser Tim took time to actually help me. There was a question wether or not the correct coolant was in my vehicle (from the other dealership) He researched in depth the warranty paperwork and even contacted Chrysler for me so I wouldn't have to. The service manager took the time to discuss with me another issue the vehicle had and actually listened to what I had to say. The service technician talked to me and explained what was going on. I really appreciate that, what a breath of fresh air (considering my experience with other dealerships). I appreciate the service my vehicle and myself received. I will definitely recommend Dick's service department and will be back if my vehicle needs maintenance. Thank you Tim, Josh and Gary.

MJ
MICHAEL J.
Keizer, OR
CHRYSLER TOWN
03/09/2016 Category: Sales
A Fine Group of People
The product that was advertized was there. No pressure. People listened to what we were asking and saying.

JJ
JESSE J.
JEEP CHEROKEE
03/09/2016 Category: Sales
Not happy with the dishonesty
The short version- Good car, Good finance service, Was lied to about how rebates work which lead to a bad deal for me.

Overall I'm happy with the vehicle and the lady that handled the financing, the salesman was ok but I feel that he did not work as hard as he could too get the deal I wanted with the people in the back. The biggest problem was with their ethics as they falsely led me to believe they were "taking a loss" on the new car I was buying.

The problem is I was told there is no room for negotiations because the dealership would be taking a loss on the Cherokee I was buying because of all the rebates being offered. At first it kinda made since, there were $7,000 or so being offered in rebates which meant I was paying that much below "MSRP". They said that they would give me $1,750 for the truck I was trading in which was purchased for about $7,500 14 months prior at their dealership and blue book valued the trade value at a MINIMUM $3,000 all because "they were trying to make up the loss they were taking on the low price of the Cherokee". Today I looked at what they were selling the truck for and it's up for $6,996.

The questionable ethics-
I did research on how the rebates work and it turns out rebates are not discounts that come out of a dealers bottom line. They are offered by the manufacturer of the vehicle and paid to the dealership after you buy the car. For example: MSRP is $30,000 and the rebate is $5,000 so that means you pay $25,000 but the dealer still gets the FULL $30,000. I was told there is no room for negotiations after being led to believe the rebates were coming out of the dealers bottom line which as it turns out is a lie. This lie was the whole basis for them not negotiating with me at all on the trade value of my truck or on the price of the Cherokee or extra items I wanted.

The finance lady did a good job and even helped me get a pro-rated amount back off the 5 year warranty I bought with the truck I was trading in so I got a little bonus of a couple thousand dollars at the very end which was nice.

Be more prepared than I was buying my first new car and make sure you understand the ins-and-outs of how things like rebates work so you don't get taken advantage of.

MICHAEL D.
Gresham, OR
CHEVROLET K10
03/08/2016 Category: Sales
Sold me a lemon
Never disclosed the fact the the truck I purchased had electrical problems and doesn't start unless you jump it. So now I'm stuck with a truck that needs $1,000 in repairs to get it started and have no reliable vehicle! Thanks Dick's! I see why that's the dealerships name now!

BRUCE M.
Tigard, OR
03/05/2016 Category: Service
Attention to customers
Excellent job to have fuel system checked and two recalls addressed in much less time than originally planned. Team also had my iPad that I left so I could swing by and pick it up

MARGARET W.
DODGE GRAND CARAVAN
03/05/2016 Category: Service
Oil Change
I like the fact that Dick's has a designated department just for people like me who want a quick oil change !! I was in and out so quickly, I could get the rest of my errands done in a timely fashion. Like, like, like ! Excellent customer service, par none !

CHARLEEN B.
OR
DODGE DURANGO
03/04/2016 Category: Service
Always great service!
Whether we need service for an engine check alert or just our regular express lube, we always get the best service for a good price!

DAVID D.
Nehalem, OR
RAM 2500
03/03/2016 Category: Service
Had an appointment at 8:00 and they got right on it! Service manager said it would take about an hour and a half and. Was on the rad at that time. Great service!!!

TJ
THEISSA J.
Brush Prairie, WA
JEEP WRANGLER
03/03/2016 Category: Sales
No pressure
They listened to what I wanted and helped find it. No games or pressure to get something ele.

HB
Holly B.
Bend, OR
03/03/2016 Category: Sales
Very dishonest Fincance People
I bought a used car. Somehow I paid $399.00 for Vin Etching, which I have never heard of. If I paid for this, wouldn't you think the finance person would have said "Do you want VIN Etching, and if so you will need to bring your car back so we can do it." But no - I wasnt told anything about the VIN Etching and it wasn't done before I left as far as I am aware. I also told the fiance lady, that I did not want to buy an extended warranty from her, my bank told me I could get one from them for a cheaper price. Janice the Finance Lady, then told me that she could get the same warranty for me for the same price as my bank so I told her to go ahead and get it. I drove 180 miles to buy the car. When I got back home and asked the very nice lady at my bank, she said her warranty was $500 less with an extra 40,000 miles and No deductible. I got my warranty cancelled at the dealership, but now they are charging me a $50 cancellation Fee. I am so disappointed in humanity. I feel like they took advantage and have no regard for steeling.

JQ

AG
ARSENIY G.
JEEP CHEROKEE
03/02/2016 Category: Service
Great cars, great service.
Great cars, great service.

GD
GLENN D.
03/02/2016 Category: Sales
A great purchasing experience
The staff spent as much time as I needed, and really tried to understand why I was buying what I was and got me into a truck that was beyond what I had imagined would be possible. Thanks!

CHRISTOPHER H.
Tigard, OR
RAM 3500
03/01/2016 Category: Service
Horrible service
Last visit was my last!!

MICHAEL W.
Tillamook, OR
RAM 2500
03/01/2016 Category: Service
The Service
Everyone was willing to help with whatever was needed. The sales staff was easy to work with and listened to what we wanted. The parts staff helped get the additional accessories we asked for. We walked away feeling good about the time we spent at your dealership.