Dinkins Auto Service

Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
KENNY R. on 09/22/2017
"Very nice up front. But .... "
I took my truck in for scheduled maintenance and to solve the whining in the rear end of my 04 Dodge 1500. They changed my oil and said they did a diagnostic on the differential. In which they said that they didn't see anything wrong with the differential because the oil level was full. They charged me $50 to pop the plug on the gear box and stick a finger in it to tell me that it was ok. (Which I had already done myself). They didn't even remove the cover to inspect the gears and told me that I needed to have the entire rear end rebuilt. They also told me that I needed all of my ball joints replaced. Desperately needing my truck to go on a trip to Atlanta later that week , I took it somewhere else as they didn't have the technician on hand at the time to fix my problem. Turns out the ball joints were fine and the spider gears in the differential needed replaced. This business says they specialized on Volvo's so I probably shouldn't have considered them in the first place. I just feel I was taken advantage of for the $50 they charged for a diagnosis that required pulling a plug and checking if there was oil in the "hog head". (Which I had already done myself) none of my family's vehicles will be going there again and I definitely wouldn't suggest them to anyone else.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 09/22/2017
Review Created: 09/22/2017 10:02 PM
JESSICA B. ReScore Review on 02/07/2017
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Supporting Local Business"
Joe called me back after the review (which was unexpected) and explained that we should have been notified about the inspection charge and we had nice conversation. He then refunded the charge back to my account. In consideration of that we will give Dinkins our business again with the hope that we don't have any further charges like this. Thanks again Joe.
Vehicle: Toyota 4Runner
Service Date: 02/03/2017
Review Created: 02/04/2017 05:25 AM

"Hit them with the hind "
First instance was a ridiculous quote on a battery and yesterday they charged my wife $50 to tell her the tire valve was broken. Won't be going back.
Vehicle: Toyota 4Runner
Service Date: 02/03/2017
Review Created: 02/04/2017 05:25 AM
Joe D. at Dinkins Auto Service responded on 02/07/2017

Talked to Mr Beecher yesterday about what happen, I refunded his 50.00, he did not authorize us to do any repairs. Respectfull, Joe Dinkins

WAYNE M. on 08/26/2016
"location"
possibly; way too expensive for an oil change
Vehicle: Volvo XC60