Jayme K. on 03/29/2017
"Oil change "
I had an appointment for a 3 o'clock oil change . It took an 1hr and 5 min ... I would suggest when somebody has an appointment notifying them there may be a wait
Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler
Service Date: 03/28/2017
Review Created: 03/29/2017 01:41 AM
Scott W. at Doc Motor Works responded on 03/29/2017

Thanks for your feed back Jayme.  The average time for our full service oil change with an inspection is an hour. If your on a time crunch it would be helpfull for you to tell your service advisor. We hope this information helps and apologize for not meeting your time frame. Ray

Vance S. on 11/17/2016
Vance said he took his vehicle to the business to get his brakes serviced. A few days later he was told by them that they had to charge more money for the service because extra problems were found. He and his friend felt the business told them this later than at the beginning of the service in order to hook them into the service so they thought it was cheaper and they wouldn't go somewhere else. They didn't do a full assessment in the beginning when they should have, and they only did it to charge him more money later. At the end of the three days, he was disappointed because they only serviced his back brakes. They charged him more money than quoted. He would still recommend the business for service.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Suburban
Category: Service
Service Date: 11/09/2016
Review Created: 11/17/2016
Scott W. at Doc Motor Works responded on 11/18/2016

Vance thank you for the review!  But we should clear the facts of the service we provide to your 1999 truck.  First you were given a  qoute for service over the counter and no inspection was provided by Doc Motor Works.  WE MADE AN EXCEPTION TO USE YOUR PARTS because you are an employee of our neighbor.  When we looked at your truck (first time) we advised you of brake fluid leaks. Which was the first time we had done any inspection.  We made one phone call to you, advising of the troubles your truck had in relationship to the service you requested. We did not replace your front brakes as they were in great shape and you stated you did not have a pulsation proplem and even clean and lubed the front calipers at no charge.  You stated you would return the parts you did not need. You were advised it was more (additional work) but the parts return would help offset some of your expense. We are sorry we did not meet your friends and your expectation. We regret making the exception and not following company policy to charge for the brake inspection, prior to qouting and estimating.  We also reqret not following company policy NOT TO INSTALL CUSTOMER SUPPLIED parts.  We have learned a valueable lesson and we are thankful.

Bob C. on 09/29/2016
Bob said the business was good to him and the service was okay, but he is having the same problem with his vehicle. He has to keep resetting his battery and they will have it re-evaluated. He is not happy with the outcome of the repairs. He would not recommend them for service because of the reasons stated.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Category: Service
Service Date: 08/31/2016
Review Created: 09/29/2016
Scott W. at Doc Motor Works responded on 10/01/2016

Bob thank you for the review.  We are sorry to hear your still having a problem.  However, we never provided a fix for your car.  As previously stated we tested the components in question and found no faults with cluster, and the AC system was over charged prior to our service. We hope you aware of the 2 year or 24,000 mile warranty which applies to the testing fee you were charged at your initial visit an would be happy to look at your car while its in fail mode at no charge to resolve the cars intermittent fault.

Anje L. on 05/27/2016
"feeling a little sad and cheated"
I appreciate Scott giving me arise back to work but when you were already doing one headlight and had the parts out, why didn't you do the other one, like I asked with Scott and the guy, it costs $100 to do one light, did you just not do the other one so you could make another $100 off me? I can't, you had my car all afternoon, when you say you would do something, you should, not everyone can afford your prices but I came back cause I like you guys, now I feel like you are just out for the money, sorry not coming back
Vehicle: Ford Taurus
Service Date: 05/27/2016
Review Created: 05/27/2016 09:23 PM
Scott W. at Doc Motor Works responded on 06/01/2016

Anje,

You should know better after the years of service we have provided you that what you are suggesting is not correct.  Your car did not require a bumper drop to servicve the lamp.  But there was disassembly of other items to gain acces to service your lamp. We are sorry you feel cheated.  But to replace the other lamp would have been additional and not a benefit to you, since it was working.  Your labor for the service was done at Mitchell book time and was accurate.  We have done many things for you and provided discounts in the past to help with your repairs, including shuddle service.  We hope to have you reconsider. As I believe you did not have all the information you needed before you wrote this review.   And if there is something I can do, as in the past, please ask!

Sincerely,